Free Diamondbrite coating worth it?

mhdgsn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Magnetic Mustang GT
I had a pretty dissatisfactory experience at my last dealer service and to "put things right" (let's face it, to get a decent post-service survey score) was offered a free valet and "covering the cost of anything else over and above of the service at your next visit" (I'm betting they don't mean tyres!). Somewhere in the phonecall, though I don't have this in writing, I was offered a free Diamondbrite coating.

So, is a free Diamondbrite coating worth it? I don't know much about it and certainly wouldn't pay for it but free is free I guess. I just don't want some inexperienced teenager messing up my paintwork. I like to take car of my car and I'm a bit finnicky about my washing technique (indeed that was part of the problem with the service last year).

Does anyone have experience with it? Cheers.
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
my partner got it on her previous KIA by the dealer and tbh i wasn't hugely impressed with the results but was that the application or product. I wouldnt let a dealer near your paintwork, but thats (not) just me. Get a local valet company to do a proper job even though it means paying for it yourself. Just my 2p and i doubt it's worth even that haha

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Risk probably not worth the reward. Anything they're willing to give away for free is worth what they're charging you for it...

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
It sounds like the dealer is trying to put forth the least amount of effort and expense to satisfy you in my opinion. I'd kindly pass on the Diamondbrite offer and just let them cover the next service.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone have experience with it? Cheers.
Although I haven't used it myself, I've heard positive things about it as a product. However, you're pretty much guaranteed a poor job if you let the dealership staff at it. As you say, it'll either be a teen apprentice, or probably worse, one of the sales staff! Avoid at all costs, but no harm in taking the products and applying yourself at home. Sounds like your well clued up on proper washing techniques, so 100% not worth the risk IMO.

FWIW, there was a guy on here a few years ago who picked up a brand new facelift GT, who had some protection applied by the dealership. Long story short they failed miserably to prep the car, then failed ever harder when they tried to correct the paintwork with a "mop up" buffer job (as they called it), it was an absolute mess as far as brand new paintwork goes, not sure if he ever got it sorted.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I was offered it and told them specifically not to put it on my car.
Sponsored