New GT Help

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Recently purchased a '21 GT off auction. Not sure who previous owner was, car was on the auction block a few states away and had to be transported. It has a few mods on it such as a JLT CAI which I know requires a tune. How can I check how the car is tuned and if it is on a flex/93/E85 tune?
Sponsored

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well - if you're proficient in Forscan you can use that to see current strategies...

If not then you'll need a compatible tuning device to read the current flash - you won't be able to tell if its on 93/E85 unless the tune is aptly named that - there isn't a parameter to set for you to see that.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would get with PCMtec, get their software, do a read and have them look at it. They will be able to help you out. @Rolls

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Recently purchased a '21 GT off auction. Not sure who previous owner was, car was on the auction block a few states away and had to be transported. It has a few mods on it such as a JLT CAI which I know requires a tune. How can I check how the car is tuned and if it is on a flex/93/E85 tune?
Sounds like a car I looked at. Is the car dark blue? I have some info on that car if so

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have a SCT tuner that I used to flash my last Mustang. I did contact my tuner, Juggernaut, they said I'd be able to send them a config and they'd see what they could tell me. Just don't wanna go about putting in the wrong fuel!

Sponsored

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
It is a black GT premium. It was in texas on the auction block

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
It is a black GT premium. It was in texas on the auction block
Gotcha. Keep waiting for this blue car to pop up on the site. It was a ā€˜21 GT with the same mods you describe but a blown hole in piston 8 from the dealer techs ripping it on 87. They eventually just replaced that piston and sent it to auction. Glad you didnā€™t get that one.

I agree with above though, you donā€™t know who tuned it or what they were doing with it. Have it retuned or get a return to stock license from pcm tec and reflash it.

OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I really have no way to know what internal mods have or haven't been done besides visible ones like an intake. Not sure how to find the previous owner either. Probably will post some pics to see if anyone recognizes it! Gonna send a log to my tuner and see what he says. Thanks!

Rolls

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pcmtec.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 18 GT
Well - if you're proficient in Forscan you can use that to see current strategies...

If not then you'll need a compatible tuning device to read the current flash - you won't be able to tell if its on 93/E85 unless the tune is aptly named that - there isn't a parameter to set for you to see that.
Logging stoich will help point him in the right direction

Ls_Eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Parker
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic Metallic GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

mallard8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Got to drive the stang for the first time today, sent a datalog to a couple people and emailed a few tuners to see if they had done work on the car. Nothing yet, however, when I was cruising on the highway at ~65-70 it downshifted from 10th to 9th and there was light colored smoke that came out the exhaust. Turns out the car has stainless works headers and full stainless works exhaust, two things that I couldn't identify just from pictures. I have not had headers on a GT before so perhaps it is not unusual.
Sponsored