Sponsored

So the new gen7 whipple numbers are out........

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
And again, we're ignoring the second part of the problem which is messing with the entire suite of firmware without it causing hiccups and issues in other systems and with the Ford mothership.
Sponsored

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
You're crazy if you don't think a TON of people have tried and wanted the DCT issues resolved. From HPT to Tuners to High Performance shops and race teams.

And the Dodge/GM crowd fall into this as well.

I know it seems cliche to think that a bunch of HIGHLY TECHNICALLY SKILLED people are all wanting to jailbreak a mustang vehicle encryption, but it's a self serving notion.

Are there people in the world who could do it? Most likely. Do they give one shit about the mustang communities desires and problems? To say that it's doubtful would not be controversial.

If the people who've tried to get access to the DCT aren't able, then it's unlikely we'll see some hero storm in on the G7 and save the day. Unless Igor and IVan drive mustangs and want to modify them somewhere in Eastern Europe. Or maybe Chinese hackers are less interested in undermining Western influence and stealing corporate trade secrets. Yeah, maybe one of them will just set everything down and pick up the mustang cause.

It's not naive when you consider that while it wouldn't be the first system to be cracked, it's also not the first one to continue to be locked up.
If it hasn't been cracked then they simply haven't tried hard enough. I'm being serious.

HPT and high performance shops do not have the know-how to accomplish this. They have never had to deal with this level of encryption, they don't have the expertise to do it. What I'm saying is, all of those shops are not highly technically skilled in encryption. They've had it easy for many years.

What you (and many others) are doing is akin to asking a fish to climb a tree and then saying trees are unclimbable.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
And again, we're ignoring the second part of the problem which is messing with the entire suite of firmware without it causing hiccups and issues in other systems and with the Ford mothership.
With no understanding of how this software operates, this isn't a concern.

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
With no understanding of how this software operates, this isn't a concern.
Okay, if you're so smart, we'll make a friendly wager. When the G7 PCM becomes open (to the extent that the G6 is now) you can come back to this thread and say I told you so. In the mean time, I don't know how long this thread will stay in the convo, but I'll return back to it every January to ask you how it's going. Then you can respond with how they're still working on it and how I still just don't understand.

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Okay, if you're so smart, we'll make a friendly wager. When the G7 PCM becomes open (to the extent that the G6 is now) you can come back to this thread and say I told you so. In the mean time, I don't know how long this thread will stay in the convo, but I'll return back to it every January to ask you how it's going. Then you can respond with how they're still working on it and how I still just don't understand.
It seems like you're taking this personally which it isn't, this isn't about you or telling you that you're wrong. Even if it was, this is something you should want to be wrong about.

This is about bringing some insight to this community. I have seen a lot of computer and software driven products land on the consumer market over the years. I haven't seen a single one that doesn't have an exploit for it. I want to quell some fears, people are freaking out and acting like we've lost something great. We haven't lost anything, its just different.

If you're not familiar with these kind of hacks it can seem like the sky is falling, but if you are you'll share in my confidence.

I'll add in that this isn't a time game, there is no dedicated team working to break into the GT500 and C8 DCT. Not at HPT, and certainly not at any speed shop.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Angrey

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It seems like you're taking this personally which it isn't, this isn't about you or telling you that you're wrong. Even if it was, this is something you should want to be wrong about.

This is about bringing some insight to this community. I have seen a lot of computer and software driven products land on the consumer market over the years. I haven't seen a single one that doesn't have an exploit for it. I want to quell some fears, people are freaking out and acting like we've lost something great. We haven't lost anything, its just different.

If you're not familiar with these kind of hacks it can seem like the sky is falling, but if you are you'll share in my confidence.

I'll add in that this isn't a time game, there is no dedicated team working to break into the GT500 and C8 DCT. Not at HPT, and certainly not at any speed shop.
You all let us know when the appropriate dedicated team is on the job lol. We'll pick this back up next January.

Jasonb543

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
My friend with a gt500 said the DCT COULD be tuned, he was saying don Walsh at D&D had access to it.

maybe he was wrong or had bad info? Idk.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Would you like some cheese with that wine? The whipple website says stage 1 is 810 (crank) hp, and stage 2 is 855 (crank) hp. That’s more power than the GT’s / Darkhorse drivetrain can take reliably under heavy load/use for extended periods anyway. That power level will satisfy most people and break some trannys for those that push it. Those that aren’t satisfied will just have to hope someone can retune if they want more power, and it might happen. Lots of speculation happening in this thread.

Last edited:

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
*gen 6 Whipple

I'd like to see what the curve looks like compared to a gen 5 blower on a gen 3 coyote. Peak numbers may not tell the whole story.

Sponsored

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
Shame, I wonder if in a perfect world without emissions standards and pollutants what motors would have been capable of producing. Big blocks with 1500hp???

s3ltz3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' GT
Exactly. People still thinking like we are in 2014. Things have changed, drastically, which is why the S650 is so unappealing.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Would you like some cheese with that wine? The whipple website says stage 1 is 810 (crank) hp, and stage 2 is 855 (crank) hp. That’s more power than the GT’s / Darkhorse drivetrain can take reliably under heavy load/use for extended periods anyway. That power level will satisfy most people and break some trannys for those that push it. Those that aren’t satisfied will just have to hope someone can retune if they want more power, and it might happen. Lots of speculation happening in this thread.
Whipples Mustang dyno numbers seem to have been very aggressive and haven't lined up with real world numbers in the past. I wouldn't expect this to be much different.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You all let us know when the appropriate dedicated team is on the job lol. We'll pick this back up next January.
All it takes is someone with a few million dollars who thinks they could make money from developing something (probably won't happen though).

Exactly. People still thinking like we are in 2014. Things have changed, drastically, which is why the S650 is so unappealing.
Yes I agree. 10 years ago aftermarket tunes were not a big deal at all.

Part of why people are less interested in developing software is the government isn't happy with people making changes to new vehicles. So there's a big risk to playing in that arena.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Shame, I wonder if in a perfect world without emissions standards and pollutants what motors would have been capable of producing. Big blocks with 1500hp???
Capable? Maybe, who knows. Would that have ever been developed? Probably not for widespread use. I believe it’s the emissions and resulting search for ways to be more efficient that made the power per liter we have today.
Sponsored