OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
On windows 8, you need to install the driver's to use the X4s. This is not new.

If the tuner bricks on you and does not load the tune, return it to stock and try it again but you may have to wait an hour or so.

Tuning these cars with SCT is 100% safe and works. People have gone 9s in them and we have put over 900rwhp through one. Others have done this too recently.
It won't return to stock. Hence the problem. As far as being "safe" the car is in the garage and doesn't run correctly. I don't define that as safe. Scroll down and look at the pictures I posted to see some of the issues.

The tech from SCT came in and set everything up on my computer. WHen he went to import the tuned files they came up for a different SCT unit serial number and told me to call Bama tech to have them fix it. They claim they did and resent the tunes.

I am thinking they have somebody else's tune in the car. Question would b what damage it has caused.
Sponsored

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
This sounds like a nightmare and has changed my mind on full exhaust, cai and a tune. I would be pissed if having problems with my new car from bs tune issues. I'm going to wait a while for the 15's to be lined out I guess.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I had somewhat of an issue with mine from Bama which i will be calling on Monday. I did two base pulls on the dyno then proceeded to upload the 91 tune. Once it was uploaded and try doing two more dyno pulls, once the car got to 4300 rpm that was it. The power would just drop dramatically. For whatever the reason, the traction control would come on and stay on. We unplugged the battery top reset the computer, got going again and the same thing. None of this happened before the tune. So, i was left with not knowing the horsepower increase on my car. I do have to say that the car runs fine. No issue there besides the dyno. Also, the traction control was turned off prior to doing all dynos pulls!
Let us know what Bama has to say, Draco. I intend to call them when I receive my handheld but before I install it.

Thanks.

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
It won't return to stock. Hence the problem. As far as being "safe" the car is in the garage and doesn't run correctly. I don't define that as safe. Scroll down and look at the pictures I posted to see some of the issues.

The tech from SCT came in and set everything up on my computer. WHen he went to import the tuned files they came up for a different SCT unit serial number and told me to call Bama tech to have them fix it. They claim they did and resent the tunes.

I am thinking they have somebody else's tune in the car. Question would b what damage it has caused.

If they sent you a different vehicle tune, it would not run in your car. That is why the computer code / Stradegy is very important.

If their is an issue with their end, then they will have to fix it. I know that if their is something wrong with our tunes, I will make sure its fixed so you can enjoy the car. If its the software being the issue, then I can only do so much.

IMO, it sounds like the file is corrupted. I would get a charger and return it to stock. It will let you do it. This same issues happened in 2011 and 2013.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Always make sure your battery is fully charged before trying to load a tune. Bad things can happen otherwise. I always throw on a Battery Tender or similar device, and once I get the green light it's Game On.

And it's STRATEGY, people. Sheesh. :D

Sponsored

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they sent you a different vehicle tune, it would not run in your car. That is why the computer code / Stradegy is very important.

If their is an issue with their end, then they will have to fix it. I know that if their is something wrong with our tunes, I will make sure its fixed so you can enjoy the car. If its the software being the issue, then I can only do so much.

IMO, it sounds like the file is corrupted. I would get a charger and return it to stock. It will let you do it. This same issues happened in 2011 and 2013.
It will not let me return it to stock. We tried everything possible.

Worked on it most of the morning with Bama. My guy there did everything in his power and finally direct me back to SCT to have them reinstall the stock file. Than Bama was going to review or rewrite the tunes.

I am beginning to think this effort isn't worth the small increase in performance.

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
What they will end up doing is sending you test files to see if it loads.

Have to remember its a computer system, Some may be fine. I know of 4 BAMA tuned 15s here that work just fine. I have at least 20 in the last week we have remote tuned as well.

I hope it works out for though.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What they will end up doing is sending you test files to see if it loads.

Have to remember its a computer system, Some may be fine. I know of 4 BAMA tuned 15s here that work just fine. I have at least 20 in the last week we have remote tuned as well.

I hope it works out for though.
If not you might see me on your doorstep. So you write your tunes right here in Boca?

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir. Our owner is our tuner. We have a chassie dyno as well.
Well the good news is SCT tech walked me thru the X4 and the car is stock again. And it runs great.

So you guys and people like American Muscle/ Bama buy the X4 and then install the tunes you write based on what the car has for options, fuel choice and expectations, correct?

Sponsored

Sales@BBR

Sales & Tech
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blowbyracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BlowByRacing
Well the good news is SCT tech walked me thru the X4 and the car is stock again. And it runs great.

So you guys and people like American Muscle/ Bama buy the X4 and then install the tunes you write based on what the car has for options, fuel choice and expectations, correct?
Yes sir. I would have you fill out a form for me (over the phone) where I get all your vehicle information along with codes off the car and device then we would email it to you. Shoot me a PM or phone call. 561-417-5555

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
Is it supposed to say Demo at the top of every page?

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it supposed to say Demo at the top of every page?
No! That was the problem I had too. From the menu scroll down to device info and then scroll down to demo and toggle off.

OP
OP
activeGT

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes sir. I would have you fill out a form for me (over the phone) where I get all your vehicle information along with codes off the car and device then we would email it to you. Shoot me a PM or phone call. 561-417-5555
When I grow the testicle fortitude to mess with it again I will let you know. Right now I am just happy it runs like a raped ape again!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
When I grow the testicle fortitude to mess with it again I will let you know. Right now I am just happy it runs like a raped ape again!
Did they explain what went wrong? Was it a process, settings, tune, or what kind of cause?
Sponsored