Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
Question would keeping my car oem hold its value more then adding a simple exausht to it drive less then100 km on sunny weekends in the summer this car will be handed down for generations šŸ¤ž
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Question would keeping my car oem hold its value more then adding a simple exausht to it drive less then100 km on sunny weekends in the summer this car will be handed down for generations šŸ¤ž
Not really. An exhaust system is a common bolt on mod. That said regular GTā€™s are a dime a dozen so holding value really isnā€™t part of the ownership equation. Also how a care is driven is equally or more important than low long it is driven. Just enjoy your car and do not worry about value.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
What Ira said is spot on. If you plan on passing your car down to the next generation in your family, just enjoy the car and donā€™t worry about value. If you want a future collector-type Mustang, that would be the Shelby GT350 or GT500 (potentially the Mach 1 as well but time will tell on that one).

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
A near stock car will always be more sought after than a highly modded one. But that doesn't mean it will be worth a lot of money. 10, 15, 20 years from now the cars that are stock or near stock levels will be the ones people want to buy.

I think you are ok to do small mods like exhaust or wheels. Of course just hang on to the stock parts.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I guess Iā€™ll apologetically be the contrarian here. While I understand and respect the opinion of the above two posters, I will tell you that long term any mod you make will diminish the carā€™s value. Period. A lot of course depends on what you mean by ā€œgenerationsā€. The longer out you go, the greater the difference. Henry Ford made a jillion Model Ts but try to find a nice bone stock one today. And nobody thought they were collector vehicles when they were current.

The question is, would the difference be great enough that you should worry about the future value difference caused by an exhaust changeout? I doubt it. Take a look at Mspiderā€™s post right above and read carefully. Heā€™s on the money.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....I will tell you that long term any mod you make will diminish the carā€™s value. Period......
There is no concern of resale/value, it's never being sold again. It's due to be "handed down for generations".

This thread somehow makes less than no sense.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
There is no concern of resale/value, it's never being sold again. It's due to be "handed down for generations".

This thread somehow makes less than no sense.
Perhaps true.

But I chose to answer the guyā€™s question directly rather than challenge the way he structured the proposition. I understood what he meant. Iā€™m not too much into consistently arguing just out of boredom.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
no mods tells the next owner "okay they probably didn't street race this thing" but that's about it.
finding an unmolested mustang GT from 20 years ago is pretty rare so i guess that's worth something but if you put 150K on it all that goes out the window anyhow.

most mods are reversible. box up the stock parts if you're worried about it.

mustangs are not special and the same goes for the GT's. I suspect the PP cars (and HPP EB) will retain more value but at the end of the day its a bang for the buck grand tourer.

just enjoy it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you have not done so before, www.hemmings.com is a great site to study different vehicles and their values. Long, long-term, I think it depends on the mod. Exhaust? Probably not, as over the years, it might have to be replaced anyway. But something else, like the air intake assembly? Yes. Again, looking far into the future, some original parts can be very difficult to find.

If mods are done, try to save all the original bits, no matter how seemingly insignificant.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If you have not done so before, www.hemmings.com is a great site to study different vehicles and their values. Long, long-term, I think it depends on the mod. Exhaust? Probably not, as over the years, it might have to be replaced anyway. But something else, like the air intake assembly? Yes. Again, looking far into the future, some original parts can be very difficult to find.

If mods are done, try to save all the original bits, no matter how seemingly insignificant.
Yup, I'm saving my stock trunk struts just in case! :cwl::crackup:

OP
OP
Kz mustang

Kz mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2021 grabber yellow GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oem it is i do watch barret Jackson and see all original bring ing more money the full custom and your right with gt's they are a de a dozen and not many are original and yellow well we are special thanks for all the comments this forums\website is amazing lots of good people out here even you haters lol šŸ˜†

Djetok

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1
If It is a garage queen that you are holding for an investment. Stock imho. Are you an active exhaust? If not, adding a cat back and keeping your stock exhaust would be a non-issue.
Sponsored