Sponsored

The Hideous Bubble overflow tank is gone - MMR's new 2015 GT, Ecoboost & V6 reservoir

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
MMR is offering an alternative to the tank that everyone thinks is hideous. They priced their tank at what they think its worth considering the materials and time they have in it. People dont need to reply to their advertisement by saying I'll fix mine with a $6 can of plasti dip. If you dont like it dont buy it or go buy yourself a tig welder, metal break, and materials and see how much time and money you have into building a quality replacement for yourself.

Dont discourage any company from putting forth an effort to make quality aftermarket products for the car you own. Coming from a Factory Five Cobra Daytona Coupe that has very very little aftermarket support I welcome any type of support from every company. I choose what to buy and what not to buy according to quality after all its a $199 tank on a potentially $40,000 car. If you dont want to pay for it just say , "That looks great" and move along.
I for one think the tank looks good, better than stock because it just looks more super modified. I'm probably not going to get one straight off though, maybe down the road. Maybe others will come forward with ideas. Will just wait and see.

I do agree with the post shown above. This forum can be pretty petty when it comes to members feeling slighted or insulted. A lot of sensitivity goes on around here. The original post can and does degrade quickly off topic and frequently turns into a discussion on mannners or spelling or whatever. I've been chastized myself by other members and the moderator for less. I've grown to dislike this forum for those reasons.
Sponsored

Tascam

A look at MMR's new Stealth 2015 Mustang reservoir:

Get rid of the hideous factory bubble overflow and replace with these MMR handbuilt reservoirs. Plug and play installation. All factory hoses slip right on allowing for a 5 minute install!! If you love the car show scene or simply want a better looking engine compartment this is for you. Constructed of 6061 Aluminum for high strength and lightweight. Compatible with ALL stock and aftermarket air intakes. Black Anodized for corrosion resistance and great looks!

$199.99

See this and other exciting new products on the MMR website @ www.modularmotorsportsracing.com

Order now: http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=834&cid=1

I think this looks great and would consider buying but as others have said need a way to visually monitor the coolant levels.

I think the shape alone is a big improvement over stock. A slightly translucent one may work even if less cool looking.

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Josh, I have a few female friends that love deep conversation too. Maybe I should hook you up. :) Just razzin ya!
I'm waiting for Danica. She's sure to get tired of that Stenhouse guy any day now... :brokenheart:

And if you believe that, I've got a whole bunch of carbon credits to sell you.... ;)

Jimdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado and R32 GTR
Quality. Outclasses the cheapo engine cover. Will look sweet next to a supercharger!

I think people should freely but respectfully criticize or complement products & services introduced here for profit.

Most forums don't allow advertising. Companies have to get creative. Provide test data to show what needs to be improved. Then slip in a new product to solve the problem and prove how it's better. I'm not say this forum should change it's rules. The innocence here is charming. Next year when 80% of the threads are selling $19.99 neon light kits, rules might change.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I bought a similar tank from Canton for my '03 Mach 1 when the factory plastic tank starting warping from the heat of extensive racing. Very worthwhile mod and the MMR tank looks nice. I wouldn't worry about a sight for checking level; how often does a new(er) car lose coolant?

Sponsored

Ryudo83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard EB PP 6-speed
This. I left the VW crowd because of this BS. Cheap butts and broke people bashing on crap they cant afford or just are generally unhappy with themselves. I bought a 911 turbo and the forums are empty of this kind of behaviour. I hope this isnt going to be more of the same with Mustang crowd. Be cool yall. They are just trying to live the American dream. Encourage other folks. If it were you, you would appreciate the same. Nice product.:thumbsup:

Thats true to an extent but there is such a thing as the VW/Audi Tax... i.e. stainless steel catless downpipes for an S4..... can find basically the same product and some are 400-500 and others are 1800.... but overall i understand and agree with what ur saying.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Great looking piece! This will have to come 2nd to performance mods, but I appreciate a company is out there for the little things!

Keep it up!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Apology

I want to apologize to Mod Mustang Racing for derailing this thread with my comment made in haste. I should have qualified it with further explanation or not made it at all. I ask for your forgiveness and wish your company only the best.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Sorry, I don`t see any reason to replace the Factory overflow coolant tank. Its not like your staring at it constantly. Frankly, when you open the hood, it makes coolant levels easier to check. Find another flaw that actually exists.

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I think a form fitting, thin black plastic, half cover that slides over the top of the factory tank would do the trick for looks. It could simply snap over the half point lip. Or, a form fitting black cloth jacket over the tank. Either one can have small viewing windows designed in it.

Ford will probably have their own black top tank next year because they read this forum. Hint Hint.

Rob :)

Sponsored

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
I like what MMR has done to quickly step up with a solution here.

I just looked at a production car in person in showroom and it did NOT pop out to me in real life so obviously like it does in pictures and sure enough I took a picture and it popped out .

Bucky69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP RR
:thumbsup: Very nice job and quick to market!
This is truly "show quality". :thumbsup:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Sorry, I don`t see any reason to replace the Factory overflow coolant tank. Its not like your staring at it constantly. Frankly, when you open the hood, it makes coolant levels easier to check. Find another flaw that actually exists.
As I stated earlier, with the heat of repeated race duty, the factory tank will start to warp and eventually crack and begin leaking. I learned this the hard way with my 2003 Mach 1. These aftermarket tanks really do serve a purpose.

Sent from SYNC in my '14 Mustang GT...