Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I thought that might be the case, Tony and my decorator mistake..."COMFORTER. But, it did look like it'd been used before. <grin> And of course, there's always a "back story." Too funny, dude.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That particular comforter/quilt....which i must say is super heavy and thick, was appropriated to shop duty few years ago. So all is good, however there is a back story to its appropriation......
Sounds like my appropriated items in the garage. There is always a story!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That plate is killer! Major kudos to the bureaucracy that managed to squeeze that one into the lineup.

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
That plate is killer! Major kudos to the bureaucracy that managed to squeeze that one into the lineup.
The wife and I just laughed out loud, LOL. She actually works for the Gov., but not the department responsible for licencing. Many conversations about bureaucracy in this house...

edit- my OCD saw a typo...

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Many conversations about bureaucracy on this house...
I bet, Andy. :-)

As it happens, I was viewing a chart of Alaska this morning and of course, saw Whitehorse. Made me think of you and your photos immediately. :-)

We are 5,336 statute miles apart. Pretty amazing.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Well i didn't get to spend a lot of time on the car this weekend but HAD to get the front black pieces off for paint. Below is list of things i did, doing, or will be doing while the front is off.

1. Replaced parking lamps with diode dynamics smoked sequential units. This should be a simple unbolt/bolt in BUT the housing on GT500 is slimmer, so getting the diode dynamics to fit required quite a bit of the factory bracket to be butchered. I am not familiar with S550 parking lights so idk if this is a GT500 specific issue or not. The mounting bolts are in the same location and the overall shape is the same, its just the back side of the lense is way bigger on diode dynamics. Pictures below will help show.

2. Replaced factory headlights with Raxiom smoked front headlights, simple plug and play, no issue.

3. Removed the texture black in-layed lower bumper pieces. What a total PITA. Probably a dozen clips that had to be released while pushing out, most of them were not overly difficult but some were, 1 was the devil. I about gave up but pushed thru.....30 minutes to release 10 clips 1 hr to release the last bastard clip. Front bumper was totally masking tape off around surrounds and I believe i got away with zero damage. THEN spent about 2-3 hrs a side removing the texture, DA, mini-DA, mouse sander, wet handing sanding, at least 6 grades of sand paper and now they are smooth as a babies butt. This isn't for the faint of heart either removing or sanding, lot of things you can screw up. At the painters this morning, should have in a few days.

4. While bumper was off i could see up the upper frame rail, and thought that was a good place for the hood latch, there is a plug in the master cylinder corner of the engine compartment i was planning to use but my wire 'fishing' skills were being stressed, i am sure it could be done but my patience was wearing thin. So since i was putting on the JLT master cylinder corner cover i just used the top hole and fished it out the front thru the frame rail, JLT covers this entry point. Quick and easy, then routed it behind the headlight and carefully through the core support area. Drilled a hole and attached....I would say its 99% hidden. I would NOT suggest trying this without the front bumper off, it was hard enough with the bumper off, can't imagine doing it with the bumper on.

5. I had seen mention of painting the side coolers black, and honestly at first I was 50/50. But having the bumper off and already seeing the bugs at 500 miles, i think they will hide bugs and stuff better if they are painted black, and as a second benefit, give it a more menacing look. I carefully cleaned them last night and will be painting them satin black tonight.

6. SLIPLO protectors came in and i will put them on soon as the front end is together

7. Shelby red lettering came in and will put them on also.

Pictures below:
diode dynamics parking light.jpg
stock parking light.jpg
parking light comparison.jpg
uncut parking light bracket.jpg
cut parking light bracket.jpg
black parts removed.jpg
sanded black parts.jpg
hood cable routing.jpg
jlt cover.jpg
cable in frame rail.jpg
pass cooler headlight.jpg
driver cooler headlight.jpg

Gsolves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 XLT, 2020 Shelby GT500
Three minor updates including dusk photos with the lights on.

Finally got around to adding blue vinyl to the GT500 in the grill.
Trimmed off the digital license plate with a black metal frame.
Replaced the vinyl console storage lid with an Alcantara one (with white stitching) that matches the Alcantara on the top of the console.

NZ7_48451900.jpg
NZ7_48531900.jpg
NZ7_48491900.jpg
Where did you get the Alcantara storage lid and console from?

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Vehicle Showcase
Replaced parking lamps with diode dynamics smoked sequential units. This should be a simple unbolt/bolt in BUT the housing on GT500 is slimmer, so getting the diode dynamics to fit required quite a bit of the factory bracket to be butchered. I am not familiar with S550 parking lights so idk if this is a GT500 specific issue or not. The mounting bolts are in the same location and the overall shape is the same, its just the back side of the lense is way bigger on diode dynamics.
Looks like those Diode Dynamics parking lights have the same rear housing as the Morimoto parking lights I installed and had to cut up the rear bracket to make them fit the same as you did.

I like the way you re-routed the hood latch cable opposed to the way I re-routed mine which was around the shock tower. Even cleaner than the way mine looks.

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark @marklboris , I’m curious as to what you’ve been up to? I am hoping your lack of attendance here means good posting soon!

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing crazy here just painted my side coolers black and painted my shelby pedals red to match the car.
shelby pedals red.jpg
left cooler painted.jpg
right cooler painted.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my Lloyds mats in today, had trouble deciding on what to put on front mats but went with the old logo knowing the snake was wrong. Silver binding, plain rear mats and shelby on the trunk mat. I went with the trunk mat for NO subwoofer as i plan on replacing stock with something more substantial.
front mat.jpg
matts.jpg

marklboris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Mark @marklboris , I’m curious as to what you’ve been up to? I am hoping your lack of attendance here means good posting soon!
Hey Jaime, haven't posted much because I've been traveling quite a bit. With this Covid, it's so empty everywhere I have hardly been home.