Seatbelt Guides

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
I bought two for the driver side from gmpartstore.com and they showed in stock, but then they canceled the order. I feel like that would probably happen other places also.
Yup, I placed three orders and had them all cancelled "discontinued part." I was able to get the passenger side, those are still in stock. If anyone has a line on where you can still pick up a new driver side #10385983 or has one they want to sell, post up or shoot me a PM. Otherwise it's time to start crawling the junkyards, once the lockdown is lifted... :facepalm:
Sponsored

OP
OP

ecosvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Ecoboost Mustang
I think what we need are some 3d printed parts now. How many people want one and would be willing to throw in on commissioning my friend to make some of these for the group?

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'd like to get a pair of seatbelt guides, because the factory leather strap will most probably wear out in no time. But while searching for various options, something occurred to me. How can the seatbelt be attached to the corner of the seat and still be positioned correctly over the driver's body?
Let me explain. This is me sitting in the driver's seat of my Mondeo.

IMG_0869.jpg

I'm 6' tall. See how high the mounting point of the seatbelt on the pillar must be, in order that it's routed correctly over the median point of my clavicle? In the Mustang, be it with the factory leather strap or with aftermarket guides, the seatbelt would come from the corner of the seat, somewhere around the point indicated by the red arrow. That doesn't look right. There's no way I could wear the seatbelt correctly if it came from that point. It would go over my arm.
What am I missing? How can it work like that? Can someone please take a picture of yourself with the seatbelt on? I can't check myself, because Mustangs are hard to find in our showrooms; my dealer has none at the moment.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The seat on Mustangs are higher than that... AND I think the anchor points lower than your car, but not sure. It's a great point. However, you should state your inseam too, for a more relevant comparison. As an example, if you're 6' tall with a 33" inseam, and another 6' tall guy with a 30" inseam sends you a picture, it'd be totally misleading, since your torso would be about 3" higher. A much better picture would be somebody 5'10" and 31", since the torsos would be about the same (2" less height, but 2" less legs, so a much more similar torso -depends on the neck and head too, but at least you're closer that way. Ha ha). Hope that makes sense. The best solution is to find a forum member who would let you sit on his Gen6 Mustang, and snap a picture, for an apples to apples comparison. Give it a try :D.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The closest member to me is a few hundred miles away, in Bulgaria, so that's not an option. :D
Come to think of it, are these seatbelt guides really necessary in the coupé? I understand their role in the convertible, which has no B-pillar and the seatbelt must come all the way from the rear of the car. But in the coupé isn't the seatbelt attached to the B-pillar like in any other car? Can't you wear it directly over your shoulder without using that guide?
I can't remember how it was in the car I test drove. It's been a while. I wish I had taken some pictures back then. I can't remember having any problems with the seatbelt, which means it must be OK in practice, but I'm still curious as to how it works, because it doesn't seem to make sense to me. I know, I do tend to overthink everything. :blush:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just checked my car, and to my dismay, the freaking seat belts are not even adjustable. Ha ha. But at least they seem to be located where the high adjustment would be. They fit me perfectly fine. As far as using them without that strap, of course. It has a magnet, so you just release it. In fact, you need to release the seat belt to access the rear. But to reach the damn seat belt without it requires contortionist skills. To be honest, it doesn't seem to affect seat belt position. At least not for me, and we should be similar, since I'm 5'10" but of long torso. I wouldn't worry about that, to be honest.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, just traded in my 16 for a 20.
Foolishly thought that the drivers side guide have from post #1 would transfer over.
Not the case. The 2020 headrest has wider spread legs. I don't want wobbly oval holes.

Anyone within 1 hour of NYC, I will meet up and it's yours for free. Will only fit 15-17
I like Vodka.......

Will consider shipping if no one local steps up.

John
Sponsored