18+ GT Auto

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I tried to simulate a stoplight drag (deserted road) with a 2k rpm footbrake (drag mode all nannies off) and I just spun the tires for about 20 feet. My 0-60 was about 30 secs. Didn't help that it was 55 degrees but still. Stick with one of those cute awd drives or equally cute C8's
Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Great, just we need. Another Youtube video of someone wrecking their Mustang at a stoplight drag. Maybe do us all a favor and buy a Q60. :facepalm::computerrage:
My favorite is when my radar detector is going crazy and somebody tries to race me at a stoplight.
I tried to simulate a stoplight drag (deserted road) with a 2k rpm footbrake (drag mode all nannies off) and I just spun the tires for about 20 feet. My 0-60 was about 30 secs. Didn't help that it was 55 degrees but still. Stick with one of those cute awd drives or equally cute C8's
stock power levels and good summer tires and launching on most streets is fine. your problem is you probably have 200hp+ more than stock and still street tires

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
My favorite is when my radar detector is going crazy and somebody tries to race me at a stoplight.

stock power levels and good summer tires and launching on most streets is fine. your problem is you probably have 200hp+ more than stock and still street tires
that but the tires are toyos. It’s just too cold for them to stick. They dead hook in the summer.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
leave the nannies on and it’ll barely chirp

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Because around 60 is what you need at most red/stop lights.

Dn1984 is right though. After 60, q60 trans has lagging/shifting issues and stang will easily beat it.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will think about which one I should go for.
If - as it appears is the case - your whole decision point is based on the 0 - 60mph, don't get either, go get a Tesla Model 3 Performance.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If - as it appears is the case - your whole decision point is based on the 0 - 60mph, don't get either, go get a Tesla Model 3 Performance.
So he can do one or two quick 0-60 runs on a full charge? Any given Tesla driving around, even the P100D, is likely much slower than a A10 GT (and many other cars) because the battery will not likely be at full charge necessary for the uber quick acceleration. Did you see the Car and Driver test of the Tesla vs. the Porsche Taycan "turbo s"? Two good 1/4 mile runs, then the Tesla was a 14-15 second 1/4 mile car.

Justin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Grabber Lime GT Premium
You might like Track Day on youtube. He does a lot of testing with different mph times but doesn't really focus on the 0-60 as much as you'd hope. He's reviewed both of the cars you're considering. A manual GT was much faster than the Q60 40-100. I think the mustang would be the quicker car on most days with a decent tire.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So he can do one or two quick 0-60 runs on a full charge? Any given Tesla driving around, even the P100D, is likely much slower than a A10 GT (and many other cars) because the battery will not likely be at full charge necessary for the uber quick acceleration. Did you see the Car and Driver test of the Tesla vs. the Porsche Taycan "turbo s"? Two good 1/4 mile runs, then the Tesla was a 14-15 second 1/4 mile car.
I'm not a fan of Tesla, however, I'm very informed about their capabilities (having been in/around the cars and owners since the original roadster). The point was focusing on one performance metric, and using the Tesla as a one-trick-pony example.

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have looked at the Red Sport and driven G3x models. When i was at an Infiniti Dealer looking at something with a friend the salesman said I should buy the Red Sport. I told him I just bought a GT350, he smiled and never said another word. Nuff said !!!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
My last car was a 2018 Q50 Redsport 400 AWD + ALL options. (100lbs lighter than the Q60)

Fucking hated that car. It's the only car I've ever hated owning. I place my 2014 Altima above it in terms of which cars I'd rather own again. Ironic as many of the interior pieces in the Q50 were directly out of my Altima.

It was boring for 400HP, even with a few PSI more of boost from Burger Tuning. It wasn't a great handling car, and the local Inifiniti dealer was utter shit quality service. It was very much a great engine in a platform from 2010 that wanted to pretend it was a sport car but was more of a luxury car. I felt dead inside every time I got in it and realized I could have gotten a much better car for the money spent.

On day # 364 of having it I traded it on my Bullitt. I have no regrets at all. The VR30DDTT is a GREAT engine. The car around that engine is NOT. A friend of mine has his at almost 700WHP, but to do so hes also sunk atleast 2x' the cars value in having the engine and transmission out and rebuilt. Meanwhile for a Mustang GT that's just a supercharger + e85 tune.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
My last car was a 2018 Q50 Redsport 400 AWD + ALL options. (100lbs lighter than the Q60)

Fucking hated that car. It's the only car I've ever hated owning. I place my 2014 Altima above it in terms of which cars I'd rather own again. Ironic as many of the interior pieces in the Q50 were directly out of my Altima.

It was boring for 400HP, even with a few PSI more of boost from Burger Tuning. It wasn't a great handling car, and the local Inifiniti dealer was utter shit quality service. It was very much a great engine in a platform from 2010 that wanted to pretend it was a sport car but was more of a luxury car. I felt dead inside every time I got in it and realized I could have gotten a much better car for the money spent.

On day # 364 of having it I traded it on my Bullitt. I have no regrets at all. The VR30DDTT is a GREAT engine. The car around that engine is NOT. A friend of mine has his at almost 700WHP, but to do so hes also sunk atleast 2x' the cars value in having the engine and transmission out and rebuilt. Meanwhile for a Mustang GT that's just a supercharger + e85 tune.
Reminds me of some who enjoy the less powered Fusion Sport 2.7 TT more over the Lincoln MKZ 3 TT version. seems to drive much sportier vs the Lincoln on the same frame even less HP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Reminds me of some who enjoy the less powered Fusion Sport 2.7 TT more over the Lincoln MKZ 3 TT version. seems to drive much sportier vs the Lincoln on the same frame even less HP
I still say the Fusion Sport should have been called SHO. I wanted one till I saw it was auto only. Also would have been easy to make a Ford Performance version with the 3.0TT and a better suspension. Kind of a modern cousin to the Contour SVT.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I still say the Fusion Sport should have been called SHO. I wanted one till I saw it was auto only. Also would have been easy to make a Ford Performance version with the 3.0TT and a better suspension. Kind of a modern cousin to the Contour SVT.
2019 was the last year and I was kinda hoping they would plop in a 3.0TT or at least upgrade the transmission to an 8+ speed or something akin the Edge ST.. I would have considered it that way even with an Auto but a newer transmission and maybe some boost updates. Livernois makes some good tune packages for the 2.7 TT for like around $499 with tune device and can run on stock set up.

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
Having driven both I can answer the below questions to the best of my memory.

1. Which car is faster in a straight line from stop/red light?

0-60mph is what matters the most. 1/4 miles doesn't matter.

I'm asking this question here because real world 0-60mph differs from what C&D or MotorTrend has posted on the site.
2. Has anyone drag raced above 2 cars in exact same trims and upgrades? If yes, which was faster? Anybody recorded videos of the drag race?
This is a very open ended questions because track setting, tire settings, environment settings various things can play a factor even the optional equipment differences.
3. The above specific Mustang has 4 different modes. Which one will be the best mode for drag racing? There are different opinions circulating online about this. Some claiming drag mode is better while others claiming sport+ mode.
Drag Strip Mode on a drag strip (prepped surface) . Sport + mode for the streets.

4. I have same question about RS400 driving modes as to which one will be the best mode but I don't expect anyone to answer that here. I'd probably ask that question at Infiniti forum.
Infiniti Q60 only comes with Sport and Sport + stay in Sport + always to have fun.

5. Mustang launch control by default is set to 3000 rpm. Again some people have stated that it's better to launch at 2500 rpm. Which one is best or do you recommend?
You can configure it up or down to whatever you feel best for the most comfort for your personal driving experience and what your more comfortable with. That's a plus for the Mustang, with the adjustable launch control [manual only].

Last edited:

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
You might find this interesting.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...initi-q60-red-sport-400-this-saturday.109219/

I had two G37’s between 09’ & 15’. They were excellent fast cars. I test drove a Q50 and hated the electric steering. Also drove a regular Q60 recently and was not impressed. The 2nd gen steering was better but still disconnected. The 7 speed auto wasn’t anywhere as smooth as it was back in my G37’s. There is no doubt that Infiniti’s build quality is far better than Fords but once you start the Coyote you don’t care about anything else.
This is good to hear for me. I just traded my third G37x, a 2011 for a 2018 Roush RS2. I didn't actually drive a 400 Red Sport, but it was fully on the radar as I was making my decision. What I loved about the 37's was the balance of the car. Pushing it into a hard corner was totally predictable. Not to mention the VQ engine and large exhausts sounded like a Ferrari when screaming at 7K RPM. Then came the Q60. I poured over reviews and the same things kept popping up. The qualities that made the G37 legendary, were gone in the new version. Did it look sweet? Heck yes it does. But the numb steering, digital nannies and total lack of sound other than the fake pumped in sound was utterly depressing. I looked at the RC-F, but a car payment, plus another car payment in brake jobs and tires, made me lean away. I'm just learning the Roush, but it does feel very capable in the twisties so far and the sound of the Coyote V-8 at 7K RPM's flowing through the performance exhaust gives me all I want in the sound department. Very happy with my decision thus far. Having AWD would have been ideal for bad weather times, but... I'll live lol.
Sponsored