Sponsored

I am going to test drive a Infiniti Q60 Red Sport 400 this Saturday

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I did not even know this car existed until a few days ago, but you have to admit its a sexy car. I am still 90% sure I will be custom ordering a 2020 MY Mustang GT, but I have to at least rule this Q60 out by test driving it.

Based on my preliminary research the major major downsides to the Q60 are:

• Base price is equiv to absolutely full loaded Mustang GT
  • No LSD (need that acid)
  • Absolutely horrible center stack
  • shit-tastic 7-speed auto trans
Pros:
  • Looks professional and adult (I recently got my first real adult corporate job (I did so to afford a mustang))
  • Nice interior?
  • Rare (I have not seen one before in my city)
Any thoughts on the 400 HP twin turbo V6 that started in 2017 from someone that has test drove one?
Sponsored

Jm22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S90
I'm in a similar position as you. I'm looking at the C43, C63, S5, RS3, and a Mustang.

I just rented a Q50 3.0T AWD and put about 700 miles on it this past weekend. It's the same motor, 100hp less. I believe the Q50 and Q60 share the same chassis.

While a regular Q50 is not a direct comparison to what you're looking for I noticed the following:

Pros:
  • Looks great
  • The 300hp version was quick (0-60 in 5), I'm sure the Red Sport will be even better
  • Lots of highway passing power
  • Front seats are comfortable and interior looks pretty good
Cons:
  • Steering feels numb. There were a number of times I took a turn on a country road and undercalculated how much I needed to turn the wheel. Seemed inconsistent.
  • Transmission lags.
  • Media console sucks and is a fingerprint magnet
  • Really stiff, but not in an AMG/Audi S/BMW M type of stiff. Less sound deadening.

For the steering, transmission, and media system alone, I'd never buy one. They really look awesome though, it's a shame the steering and transmission don't match the aesthetic.

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ah yes, I forgot to mention the steering as a con. I heard the steer by wire is in its 2nd generation, but it is still too “video gamish.” I will see for myself this weekend.

OP
OP
Dory

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I drove it this afternoon.

Pros:
  • Interior build quality
  • sounds nice when you step on it
  • speedy enough
  • comfortable chairs
  • looks very nice on the outside
  • I did not find the steering to be that bad and the center stack seemed responsive enough, but I have been driving a 2012 impala whose center stack consists of 1 or two rows of LCD lettering.
Cons:
  • I just got a haircut and my head is still rubbing on roof. The only way to stop this was to have a nice motown lean going which I do not like when driving. I like to sit upright and be close to the wheel.
  • The sound of the engine is too quiet during normal driving and when you step on it you are not really hearing any exhaust, but instead some induction noise and what I imagine is a healthy amount of computer sound.
  • Engine braking with this engine/transmission is not satisying
  • The car just felt way too small. I felt very confined and the trunk was very small.
  • The price for what you are getting is too high.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I did not even know this car existed until a few days ago, but you have to admit its a sexy car. I am still 90% sure I will be custom ordering a 2020 MY Mustang GT, but I have to at least rule this Q60 out by test driving it.

Based on my preliminary research the major major downsides to the Q60 are:

• Base price is equiv to absolutely full loaded Mustang GT
  • No LSD (need that acid)
  • Absolutely horrible center stack
  • shit-tastic 7-speed auto trans
Pros:
  • Looks professional and adult (I recently got my first real adult corporate job (I did so to afford a mustang))
  • Nice interior?
  • Rare (I have not seen one before in my city)
Any thoughts on the 400 HP twin turbo V6 that started in 2017 from someone that has test drove one?
I test drove one of these when they first arrived at the dealership near me in Sept of 16 I believe (MY17). Had to wait as the red 400 were last to come in, plenty of q60. I found it very underwhelming and sluggish for 400hp. Its bulky exterior was less desirable than that of the g37. It looked much better online and in anticipation waiting for it than in person.

As a comparison the same week I test drove a BMW M240 and despite being rated lower hp it felt a good deal faster.

Couple years later and am very happy I waited for the release of the MY18 GT (owned almost a year now).

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
wait for the G70.
The Q60 is a uch better looking car overall in my opinion. Could just be the sedan vs coupe though, can't wait to see what Genesis comes up with for a coupe in the future.

I almost considered leasing a Q60 instead of buying my stang, the financials were about the same.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
The Q60 is a uch better looking car overall in my opinion. Could just be the sedan vs coupe though, can't wait to see what Genesis comes up with for a coupe in the future.

I almost considered leasing a Q60 instead of buying my stang, the financials were about the same.
You buy cars based solely on looks? Hmm.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You buy cars based solely on looks? Hmm.
Same power as my car, better interior, looks good too. Since it would have been a lease, long term reliability wouldn't have mattered, I don't see any issue with the comparison. Unlike some people, I'm not locked in to a specific type of car, everything in the affordability range gets a fair shot.

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I had an Infiniti Q50 Red Sport. What I should’ve done is bought a used 2018 luxe trim level with the same 3.0 twin turbo for $26,000 and got it tuned. It’s the same engine and will leap to 400RWHP and 460+RWTQ.

Check out Gilbert Bernal’s channel on you tube. He has an FBO base Q50 3.0tt and beats Z06s, etc with it.
Sponsored