2015 CO GT

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What the hell is going on? NA car with axle backs gapping forced induction cars? Converting a gen 2 to a gen 3 with a fuel system?? 600+ hp gen 2 na car???

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
When boosted guys are stuck in the 11s and blame the tuner :facepalm:
What the hell is going on? NA car with axle backs gapping forced induction cars? Converting a gen 2 to a gen 3 with a fuel system?? 600+ hp gen 2 na car???
This thread is full of nonsense lol readers beware.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Only a few people are paying attention. The OP said he doesn't want boost. He also has a Gen 2 Coyote S550, BUT he blew the motor and bought a used built up short block that he never specified was a Gen 2. He asked what he can do now while the engine is apart waiting to be rebuilt. I suggested going to Gen 3 w/ the port + DI, stage 3 ported Gen 3 heads (stock for stock Gen 3 heads flow more than Gen 2), and 12:1 compression ratio, and comp cams. Sure, that fuel system switch likely requires the Gen 3 controller - Ford sells it.

Even though he clearly stated he doesn't want boost, everyone hard for boost ignores that and simply tells him to add boooooooost.

My suggestions still stand based on his original request. The best way to make lots of NA power: high compression ratio, great flowing heads, and aggressive cams, with FBOs (free flowing intake and exhaust). People have been doing that for decades and going fast.

Sponsored

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Only a few people are paying attention. The OP said he doesn't want boost. He also has a Gen 2 Coyote S550, BUT he blew the motor and bought a used built up short block that he never specified was a Gen 2. He asked what he can do now while the engine is apart waiting to be rebuilt. I suggested going to Gen 3 w/ the port + DI, stage 3 ported Gen 3 heads (stock for stock Gen 3 heads flow more than Gen 2), and 12:1 compression ratio, and comp cams. Sure, that fuel system switch likely requires the Gen 3 controller - Ford sells it.

Even though he clearly stated he doesn't want boost, everyone hard for boost ignores that and simply tells him to add boooooooost.

My suggestions still stand based on his original request. The best way to make lots of NA power: high compression ratio, great flowing heads, and aggressive cams, with FBOs (free flowing intake and exhaust). People have been doing that for decades and going fast.
Nice try, he stated he was putting the motor back to 11:1 (gen 2) and you obviously understood it was a gen2. Also your little speech on a NA car is just a fast from a dig or 20 roll is bs. My car was an E85 build before going boost and my Whipple is faster everywhere. My right foot actually ungulates between fully up or fully down, very useful when driving. oh here is something to jog your memory;
Switch to the 2018 Gen 3 fuel system with port and direct injection, so you can go to 12:1 compression ratio like the Gen 3 Coyote engine.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Nice try, he stated he was putting the motor back to 11:1 (gen 2) and you obviously understood it was a gen2. Also your little speech on a NA car is just a fast from a dig or 20 roll is bs. My car was an E85 build before going boost and my Whipple is faster everywhere. My right foot actually ungulates between fully up or fully down, very useful when driving. oh here is something to jog your memory;
Switch to the 2018 Gen 3 fuel system with port and direct injection, so you can go to 12:1 compression ratio like the Gen 3 Coyote engine.
He asked what he can do for more NA power. I suggested the switch to Gen 3 components since that engine flows more air, has higher compression, and offers better fuel control. My comment regarding the Gen 2 not specified was in regard to people saying a Gen 2 heads/cams engine can't make more than 500 rwhp. That's irrelevant because he can build it better starting with the improved Gen 3 components as I suggested (Port plus DI + 12:1 + better flowing heads). Whether or not he chooses to do that to yield more power with his NA build is up to him.

Of course your E85 tuned NA car will be slower than a whipple car. Did you have a full NA build with stage 3 ported heads and cams? Probably not. There's a guy here that trapped 135+ mph NA w/ stock Gen 3 heads and comp cams (and lots of lightening mods) and other bolt ons (not sure of all the car details). It takes gobs of power to get to that trap speed, even if the car was 3,400-3,500 lbs (I'm not sure how much it actually weighs - but he says it's very light).

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
That's my point I was trying to convey.. some of us like the sweet sound of NA in full send!
500 hp NA 3700 lb car VS 600hp Boosted 4100 lb car.. I'd know who'd I place my money on.

hunter0415

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2012 GMC Sierra, 2019 Mustang GT
That's my point I was trying to convey.. some of us like the sweet sound of NA in full send!
500 hp NA 3700 lb car VS 600hp Boosted 4100 lb car.. I'd know who'd I place my money on.
Where does an extra 400 lbs come from on a boosted setup?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
On a related note is the fuel pump (not the HPFP under the hood for direct injection, but the in tank fuel pump) for the Gen 2 Coyote the same as the Gen 3 Coyote?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
On a related note is the fuel pump (not the HPFP under the hood for direct injection, but the in tank fuel pump) for the Gen 2 Coyote the same as the Gen 3 Coyote?
I'm guessing not, cause the port injectors on the 18+ are smaller than the 15-17's.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
These threads always crack me up, since they always turn into a pissing match....

As a former engine builder on the side, I get the OP's plight. Back in the early '90s, well before the plethora of cheap boost and the new wave of performance cars, my buddies and I lived at the strip running '60s muscle since it was cheap yet. A buddy and I built a single-carb, tunnel-rammed, roller-cammed 289 for his '68 Mustang GT that turned 9,000 RPM spinning a 4-speed. I forget what it ran now, but it was damn quick (streetability was less than great, however). Sweet stuff.

Since retiring myself from such side gigs (and racing), I'd love to put together my own version of an Aluminator 5.2 XS, dialed in to the Nth degree, for shits and grins. I doubt I'd get bored with it....

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)