Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Things to know
Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before. Me, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Got lucky cause I notice the X pipe has a top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on happened.

5.5" rear cut is exact, space is tight, jocking the tail pipe into the rear of the X pipe. Not impossible just be prepared, for it to fight you some.

Use a torque wrench, makes a big difference in the way the clamps draw everything together.

Last: Advisable that it be done on a lift, I doubt this install is possible laying on ones back under the Mustang.
B4.jpg

AFter.jpg
Sponsored

Bryantbjb12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryant
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT CS, 2021 F350 Tremor
Things to know
Paper work said hour, reality 3. proly an hour if done once before. Me, 1 hour wrenching 2 hour familiarization course

Got lucky cause I notice the X pipe has a top side and bottom side, before the bolts right on happened.

5.5" rear cut is exact, space is tight, jocking the tail pipe into the rear of the X pipe. Not impossible just be prepared, for it to fight you some.

Use a torque wrench, makes a big difference in the way the clamps draw everything together.

Last: Advisable that it be done on a lift, I doubt this install is possible laying on ones back under the Mustang.
B4.jpg

AFter.jpg
Looks awesome.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Good Job! I've done it on ramps and jack stands a few times. Once putting a Corsa Extreme cat-back on my 15' GT then putting the stock exhaust back on to trade the car.

I saved the whole Corsa Cat-back and used the double "X" pipe on my 18' GT with the active exhaust. Of course it would be easier with a lift but no problem with ramps and jack stands. Just be careful cutting the resonator (suit case) out. Measure twice and cut once! lol.

Also for those with active exhaust use caution. I've read where some people have pinched or grounded some of the active exhaust wires for the actuators which causes an active exhaust error messages.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
What he said. Passenger side wires, I know cause mine rubbed through and I had to fix em. Shorted out n blew fuse under hood. Oops

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Very possible without a lift and not that bad at all. I stair stepped some 2x12 boards and backed on to them to raise the car. People always look for a reason to skip a step or not remove a part when it can make a huge difference. Loosen the clamps at the front of the resonator and drop the whole system. Cut, clamp, and reinstall with x or h.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ecoboosted, & sabtaj1

10-4 on the ps wire, knocked mine loose, unplugged. If I were to do one again I'd remove it....

FruityJudy

I found installing and sunging the front clamps of the X, held it in position, easing the tail pipe installs.

Take my word for it I tried to leave all points loose, and fineness the assembly together.
That made things worse, took about 5 sec to realize that was not happening.

A little more on the 5.5in cutoff could ease assembly, would not take much.

Mikthehun1 LOL

Pretty sure I know the answer .....:-) If the lift fell thru plan B & C were jack stands or put it up on my trailer it's open on the bottom.

Not my lift, am lucky enough to have access to it.

Last edited:

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
I did mine on my back and all I used were ramps on the rear. Just remove the from the resonator on back which makes it to measure and cut. Dealing with s550 exhaust is a lot easier than my 14. Installing the mufflers are easy since they will be separated. Just don't tighten any of the clamps down until you get the tips aligned.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
Let's see your tips. 80 percent of mid pipe installations leave their tips cockeyed or misaligned.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ecoboosted, & sabtaj1

10-4 on the ps wire, knocked mine loose, unplugged. If I were to do one again I'd remove it....

FruityJudy

I found installing and sunging the front clamps of the X, held it in position, easing the tail pipe installs.

Take my word for it I tried to leave all points loose, and fineness the assembly together.
That made things worse, took about 5 sec to realize that was not happening.

A little more on the 5.5in cutoff could solve the problem, would not take much.

Not my lift, am lucky enough to have access to it.
Let's see your tips. 80 percent of mid pipe installations leave their tips cockeyed or misaligned.

You are correct grasshopper, grade my work
DSC_0046.jpeg

@ Coosawjack,
do with the OEM resonator ....?... not sure, take it back to Ford, for a refund ?:beer:

Sponsored

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
Let me know if ya wanna dispose of it.....I can make it disappear!!:like::like:

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Only if you take him to dinner....or in the spirit of Mardi Gras, at least throw some beads his direction! Sorry...couldn't help it. :)

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride