What did you do to your GT350 today?

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
How ya diggin the new R Jim?
Definitely could tell the difference in the 2 cars at The Firm. R much more "track worthy".

Heading to VIR in April for some fun.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Definitely could tell the difference in the 2 cars at The Firm. R much more "track worthy".

Heading to VIR in April for some fun.
I wish I had your free time.....

It's almost the weekend. Guess what I'm doing, lol

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
By the way @Tomster, this is the swing you offered to ship. Still grateful for the offer...
You and I have a similar background. I realize what it's like to be overseas serving. Anything, anytime. It's a standing offer.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I wish I had your free time.....

It's almost the weekend. Guess what I'm doing, lol
I have the weekends and "some vacation time".

I know in time your situation will get better. We need a few adult beverages. Can you get together during the week after 6 or so PM?

Maybe we could meet in Deland or something?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have the weekends and "some vacation time".

I know in time your situation will get better. We need a few adult beverages. Can you get together during the week after 6 or so PM?

Maybe we could meet in Deland or something?
I have a few days off starting Monday. Tuesday night I'm busy and back on an airplane Wednesday night.

Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Ordered a custom leather steering wheel from Beith Performance. Can't stand the alcantara.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
I ordered mine Presidents’ Day weekend and they said up to a 12 week wait for the swing I ordered thru lethal and verified the wait time with ac. I also ordered the gurney flap. I am also surprised no 3m tape and not precise underneath. My eBay one looks better underneath and came with tape
Do you have anymore pics ?
Any idea if you already have the swing, if the gurney flap will fit (assuming the swing is after market)? Can you buy just a flap?

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Ordered a custom leather steering wheel from Beith Performance. Can't stand the alcantara.
Right with you. Much prefer leather.

make sure they know 15-17 steering wheels are different than 18-19. They are not interchangeable.

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
Any idea if you already have the swing, if the gurney flap will fit (assuming the swing is after market)? Can you buy just a flap?
anderson composite was the only swing that I have found that has the holes drilled and ready to mount the gurney flap
I have a cheap eBay one now and I guess if I ordered just the gurney flap I could drill into the swing to mount it

Jobsi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350
Don't want to overstate the "imprecision." It's only the case with the slot, which I have no clue until I take off the OEM swing what the slot is for. Other than that it's extremely well made. Not disappointed at all.

I had a CF spoiler on my previous GT350. Got it from MAD Industry and it was perfect in every way. Unfortunately, they are no longer around.

What other pics would you like?[/

if you don’t mind can I see the rear of it where the gurney flap can be mounted would like to see how they drilled out the holes and definitely post up some pics when you have it mounted thanks

Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
if you don’t mind can I see the rear of it where the gurney flap can be mounted would like to see how they drilled out the holes and definitely post up some pics when you have it mounted thanks
Will be at least a month before I mount it, but here's a start...

DSC_0050.jpg

If you zoom you'll be able to see the holes. They included screws, just like on the OEM version. On the OEM there are short screws (for when the gurney flap is not mounted) and long screws (for when the Gurney flap is mounted). The screws also protect the holes.

DSC_0053.jpg

Didn't mount the OEM Gurney flap, but aligned it to confirm the holes are properly placed. They are.

DSC_0055.jpg

Although it didn't come with 3M tape, I found this attached. It's soft-sided tape, which I assume is to prevent the swing from scuffing the rear deck lid. I'll dig a bit more through the packaging and may find 3M tape as well...discovery learning...

Edit: Tape may also be for the Gurney flap to keep it from scratching the swing.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dealing with AC was great--dealing with Vivid Racing not so much, as in won't order from them again.
I'm considering going ahead with a CF hood and decklid for the GT500 from Anderson Composites. They recommended to me Vivid Racing. I see you were not happy with Vivid. Should I not order through them?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm considering going ahead with a CF hood and decklid for the GT500 from Anderson Composites. They recommended to me Vivid Racing. I see you were not happy with Vivid. Should I not order through them?
I am just disappointed with them because they lost track of my order and then lied. The lying is what blew it. Mistakes happen--own them. If you look at their bbb rating, it shows that this is a trend. However, frustration aside, it ultimately worked out. They got the Ops Director involved and Anderson stepped up as well. So, if you use them, I would make the point up front that you have concerns. It would be good for then and Anderson both to know that they are on report, so they clean up their act. With that, I think you'll be safe. Prices are good.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Additional note: they tried to play the blame game: "It's because it's an APO address, so that threw us off." "It's the manufacture's fault (as in AC's fault)." Neither excuse passed the sniff test: they assured me they could ship to an APO with no problem back in Nov when I told you I found a solution; any issues between them and AC are between them and AC and have nothing to do with me. So, again, chances are everything will go well, but if not, watch out for excuses.

Sorry for the long winded response, but I believe it's important for business that serve our "community" to know that word travels fast and their service (good or bad) has consequences. Good luck with your order.