Sponsored

2021 Mach 1 Mustang Prototype Spied on The Prowl?!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
1) Where is there any indication that this could be or is a MACH1 prototype? Don’t all V8 Mustangs have a “v8 sound”?

2) Why is MG6 putting water marks over top of Glenn Paulina’s copyrighted photos and his watermarks? https://kgpphotography.smugmug.com/

3) Based on the images and due to the camo, it does not appear the gas fuel door is present on that rear 1/4 panel where it’s normally located.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
1) Where is there any indication that this could be or is a MACH1 prototype? Don’t all V8 Mustangs have a “v8 sound”?

2) Why is MG6 putting water marks over top of Glenn Paulina’s copyrighted photos and his watermarks? https://kgpphotography.smugmug.com/

3) Based on the images and due to the camo, it does not appear the gas fuel door is present on that rear 1/4 panel where it’s normally located.
Fuel door is ther...just gotta look real close

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
While a facelifted GT350 looks nice, it has nothing to do with what we can see in the spyshots, so don't expect the car look anything like that. .

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Looks like maybe the pony is in a corral.

Sponsored

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
Please, please have tranny and diffy cooling!!
Look closely at the front bumper, massive holes cut in where the GT350's coolers would be positioned.

M6G thinks they are above copyright infringement, nothing new.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The photos were licensed for us to use and watermark, directly from Glenn. Same as the countless times we've done so in the past to share with the community. Without sites to buy them, these photos wouldn't exist.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m not sure why people jump the bandwagon on photos, I’m on a few forums and man, if there’s no watermark and it gets shared people have a mental breakdown.

I just look at them and enjoy the photo and concern myself less. I think the Mach 1 maybe a hybrid.?

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
So far it's shaping up nicely
  • Unique front fascia to enable coolers
  • GT350/GT500 Engine Oil Cooler
  • GT350 Transmission Cooler
  • Bullitt brake calipers and rotors
  • TREMEC TR3160
  • GT350/GT500 spoiler-wing
  • GT500 rear diffuser
  • GT350/GT500 differential cooler
  • Unique exhaust tips
Sounds like the Mustang PP2 that should've been...

My feeling is along with your thought process: this will be a mash-up of Mustang GT PP2, Bullitt and GT500/GT350. Knowing how Ford likes to straight-up parts bin/cheap-out, this is my revision:

• Mustang GT fascia with revised turn signal/aero side curtain
  • Mustang Bullitt Gen 3 Coyote
  • Mustang GT PP1/PP2 engine oil cooler
  • Painted GT PP1/PP2 brake system
  • Updated ABS/TC/SC based from 2019 GT350 dev.
  • Getrag MT82
  • GT350/GT500 s-wing
  • GT500 rear diffuser
  • GT500 rear differential cooler*
  • Unique exhaust mufflers with unique tips
I do not see Ford investing into the S550 platform the time in testing, validation and certification bringing the 5.2L Predator in NA to the Mustang GT. The Bullitt version, that has more power, is already validated and certified and allows the GT another easy step up in general performance before the S650. Using the Voodoo is just not going to happen... If Ford didn't switch from the Getrag to the Tremec in 2015 or 2018, they wont do it now (which means no transmission cooler outside of a scoop). Addition of GT350/GT500 type of coolers requires a lot of packaging space which would require a much more significant rework of the base front fascia than the photos suggest. *The largest complaint on the Mustang for track performance is the differential being cooked too easily/quickly. Also, the photos certainly suggest this with the GT500 rear diffuser and that you can see the full diverter panel in the photos from that setup (why would they have that panel there unless it served a function?). Using the GT500 rear diffuser requires large diameter tips to cover the opening - if you are using this piece you need to use the GT500 mufflers or have a new muffler part. The PP1/PP2 brakes are great and it only makes sense for them to carry over some learnings from the 2019 GT350 and 2020 GT500 ABS/TC/SC to tweak the systems a bit more. Lastly, the GT350/GT500 s-wing is a no brainer. The only thing I find odd is the lack of the PP2 type front splitter.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Look closely at the front bumper, massive holes cut in where the GT350's coolers would be positioned.
I hope you are right...I don't know if those massive holes which have a ton of camo on it mean there will be coolers. This was a huge mistake on the PP2 cars.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I hope you are right...I don't know if those massive holes which have a ton of camo on it mean there will be coolers. This was a huge mistake on the PP2 cars.
The PP2 was designed as a quasi track car under the GT350. I agree that package should have had coolers. The Mach 1 is more of a 1320 car so not sure if coolers are needed. Too much extra weight.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I get the added coolers, but if its just the BULLITT + PPL2 otherwise with some Shelby Aero that just feels like BS.

• I don't see them putting Shelby aero on a non-Shelby unless both the Shelby's are going away. Do we have reason to think the GT500 is a 1 year run?
  • The coolers would be nice for a revised PPL2, but I see them also raising the price, and not doing that unless their will be no GT350 for 2021.
  • If its just a 20HP power bump thats really like 5-10 on a dyno that's almost pointless for a change unless they are doing more than just that. We already know that there isn't much difference in the 18 and 350 IM until you hit top end.
  • If they are adding power over teh Bullitt's 480 and cooler to the PPL2, that going to make it a harder case for the GT350 unless its gone for 2021 also
It feels SUPER parts bin. Even more so than the last mach1. Unless this has a 5.2L CPC and or the Tremec 6spd there is NO reason I can see for people to really want it over a PPL2 or a Bullitt. Even if it does have a CPC, it had better be more than the GT350's output because the next 5.0 tweaks will easily put it near or at 500. No one wants a 500HP 50-60K Mach1 that is a driver race to a 36K GT with just a $600 93oct tune in a drag race. With how high the GT500 is they could easily put out a 530-600HP engine and not step on GT500 toes, but it may piss off recent GT350 buyers if it can also hang in corners.

That's what confusing about this for me. Under Shelby the 350 was the knife and the 500 was the hammer. Under Ford the BOSS was the knife and the Mach1 was the hammer. This feels more like its going to more like a Mach/Boss mix, and if its going to have coolers for road racing the BOSS name makes more sense on this.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I get the added coolers, but if its just the BULLITT + PPL2 otherwise with some Shelby Aero that just feels like BS.

• I don't see them putting Shelby aero on a non-Shelby unless both the Shelby's are going away. Do we have reason to think the GT500 is a 1 year run?
  • The coolers would be nice for a revised PPL2, but I see them also raising the price, and not doing that unless their will be no GT350 for 2021.
  • If its just a 20HP power bump thats really like 5-10 on a dyno that's almost pointless for a change unless they are doing more than just that. We already know that there isn't much difference in the 18 and 350 IM until you hit top end.
  • If they are adding power over teh Bullitt's 480 and cooler to the PPL2, that going to make it a harder case for the GT350 unless its gone for 2021 also
It feels SUPER parts bin. Even more so than the last mach1. Unless this has a 5.2L CPC and or the Tremec 6spd there is NO reason I can see for people to really want it over a PPL2 or a Bullitt. Even if it does have a CPC, it had better be more than the GT350's output because the next 5.0 tweaks will easily put it near or at 500. No one wants a 500HP 50-60K Mach1 that is a driver race to a 36K GT with just a $600 93oct tune in a drag race. With how high the GT500 is they could easily put out a 530-600HP engine and not step on GT500 toes, but it may piss off recent GT350 buyers if it can also hang in corners.

That's what confusing about this for me. Under Shelby the 350 was the knife and the 500 was the hammer. Under Ford the BOSS was the knife and the Mach1 was the hammer. This feels more like its going to more like a Mach/Boss mix, and if its going to have coolers for road racing the BOSS name makes more sense on this.
Unfortunately you're putting too much stock in the heritage of the different badges. Far more than Ford is, anyway. See the Mach-E for an example of this.

Deleted member

Why I'm thinking this won't be a corners car. I think Ford might be going after the challenger 1320 R/T. Why not give us a N/A drag car?

Bullit-ultimate street mustang
350-road course weapon
Mach 1- straight line car?
500-king of all 3

Just a thought
Sponsored