Sponsored

Dear Mustang Tire Snobs.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Hi Mike, we are way past this. We are now on to adult beverages. Beer, tequila, bourbon or whiskey (funny no wine drinkers yet). So tell us your poison and lets move on. :)
Gotcha covered...
20200120_201119.jpg
Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I like the local wines here, and when I say local, I mean in the same county.
I'm sure the wine snobs will look down their noses at me but I don't give a schitt. I don't have to drive far, and they're good.

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
I hate it when I go to a bring-your-own wine tasting and the elitists look down on me simply because I unscrew my bottle. That really puffs my cheetos!

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
I'm partial to the Stella Rosa series.. Fruity, and about 11 bucks a bottle.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Bugs,
I can still remember the good old days :party:

boones_farm_.jpg

Sponsored

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sounds like a Michelin buyer. Miss the part where I can do the same as you in my tires? I hold .7 to .9 Gs all the time. So how's that cheap? Just cause you spent the most does not mean you bought the best. Higher price does not equate to better. Pirelli nero tires are on just about every super car so not sure where you are getting Im cheaping out. This is the elities attitude im talking about.
I don't have time to read this whole thread but I assume it's mostly flames. Those Neros are junk. You would know it if you put a better tire on your car. Not saying it needs to be a PS4S but almost any decent summer performance tire will show a noticeable difference. I have 285/35r19 PS4S on my car now and I really like them but I'm not sure Ill get them again. I guess it depends on how they wear. They were expensive, but not THAT expensive. My car is summer/fun only so I'll probably get two or three years out of them. They were about $1350. A really marginal performance tire would have been about $850. $500 over a couple few years really isn't much.

And no, you can't do in your care with your tires what I can do in my car with my tires. I'm not being shitty, it's just a fact.

Also, none of those cars you mention are running the Nero. They are all on P zeros or proprietary versions of that series. https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/car-light-truck/prestige/mclaren

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't have time to read this whole thread but I assume it's mostly flames. Those Neros are junk. You would know it if you put a better tire on your car. Not saying it needs to be a PS4S but almost any decent summer performance tire will show a noticeable difference. I have 285/35r19 PS4S on my car now and I really like them but I'm not sure Ill get them again. I guess it depends on how they wear. They were expensive, but not THAT expensive. My car is summer/fun only so I'll probably get two or three years out of them. They were about $1350. A really marginal performance tire would have been about $850. $500 over a couple few years really isn't much.

And no, you can't do in your care with your tires what I can do in my car with my tires. I'm not being shitty, it's just a fact.

Also, none of those cars you mention are running the Nero. They are all on P zeros or proprietary versions of that series. https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/car-light-truck/prestige/mclaren
Move on UM. :) Beer, wine, bourbon, whiskey or tequila. Show us what you're made of. :like:

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I saw the title and how many pages it was and thought "this should be fun". Wasn't disappointed.

Sponsored

hws52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I do agree to a point that there are many choices that are less money the PS4S for 80% of performance but you are comparing apples to oranges. The Pzero Nero is a all season tire, the PS4S is a summer tire, and the Michelin Cup tire is actually a track tire that can be street driven. When I bought my '18 GT I stayed with the 18" oem because I was going to put winter and summer tires on, I live in northern Ohio and drive year round. The Pzero Nero tires is not up to par in the rain for a performance tire, it reminded me on my '03 GT with the standard Goodyear gaterbacks which were terrible in the rain but great in the dry. I put my winter tires,(Pirelli Sottozero3), on the oem 18" wheels and have PS4S on 19" wheels for the summer. The PS4S is a big improvement over the Pirelli but not just because its more expensive but because it is a summer vs all season tire. Truth be told considering the hp and weight of the Mustang any tire can be overwhelmed with a stupid right foot but to call us tire snobs because we are willing to spend more money for a better tire is just wrong.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... The PS4S is a big improvement over the Pirelli but not just because its more expensive but because it is a summer vs all season tire. Truth be told considering the hp and weight of the Mustang any tire can be overwhelmed with a stupid right foot but to call us tire snobs because we are willing to spend more money for a better tire is just wrong.
Agreed, though to be fair I don't think he was calling most of us here on the forum who buy Michelins or other top-shelf tires out as snobs. Just his show car acquaintances who do, and go on to put him down because he didn't. He probably could have worded his complaint a bit more clearly and aimed it more specifically, though.

These days, I'm strictly a beer man. Not stuck on just one brew, either, and I hardly ever drink the same thing two bottles in a row unless I'm at a restaurant/tavern. I think my little beer fridge has six bottle in it at the moment, no two being the same. Drank a bottle of something called 'Arrogant Bastard' the other night . . . honest.

Norm