Sponsored

Almost hit a pedestrian

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
When I was young I hit a kid walking home from school. Same situation as the OP, except the kid stopped and stared at my car out of fear. I guess he had an "oh sh**" moment when he realized I had a green light. He was fine, just scared a bit. Fortunately I was paying attention and got the car stopped fast, so literally just ended up hitting him hard enough to knock him over. His grandpa showed up raising hell at me and the cop on the scene told him to shut up. They measured skid marks and it was shown I was not speeding. The boy and grandpa walked home, *hopefully* knowing how lucky all of us were!
Sponsored

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Pedestrians always have the right of way. Slow down. If you’d hit him you could have killed him.

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Pedestrians always have the right of way. Slow down. If you’d hit him you could have killed him.
Here in Copenhagen (5600'ish miles from LA), pedestrians don't have any right of way, when they have a red light. Not sure about the rest of the world, but that would make the red light obsolete for pedestrians right?

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Here in Copenhagen (5600'ish miles from LA), pedestrians don't have any right of way, when they have a red light. Not sure about the rest of the world, but that would make the red light obsolete for pedestrians right?
Not my point. Regardless of the red light or not if somebody wanders into the street the onus is always on you to stop. They’re going to scratch your paint if you hit them but you’re going to kill them. I’d prefer a drunk or someone stoned to be on foot making bad choices than to be behind the wheel making bad choices. Especially in built up areas with lots of pedestrians like you were driving in. You’ve got to drive very carefully in areas like that. I walk around the city a lot and I can’t tell you how many times some asshole has blown through my cross signal without even pausing. In fact it happened yesterday I was almost hit crossing the street.

You’re the first person I’ve encountered with the temerity to complain about a pedestrian causing you to have to stop.

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Not my point. Regardless of the red light or not if somebody wanders into the street the onus is always on you to stop. They’re going to scratch your paint if you hit them but you’re going to kill them. I’d prefer a drunk or someone stoned to be on foot making bad choices than to be behind the wheel making bad choices. Especially in built up areas with lots of pedestrians like you were driving in. You’ve got to drive very carefully in areas like that. I walk around the city a lot and I can’t tell you how many times some asshole has blown through my cross signal without even pausing. In fact it happened yesterday I was almost hit crossing the street.

You’re the first person I’ve encountered with the temerity to complain about a pedestrian causing you to have to stop.
Let me guess your from California! lol he’s not complaining he had to stop! He is complaining that the guy walk out in front of him almost causing an accident! OP was NOT in the wrong the guy disobeying the do not cross the street sign because it is unsafe is WRONG!

FordBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack Roush Supercharged Phase 2/ 1975 F100 4X4 #90FE Torqstorm supercharged
Wrong, other countries laws do not give pedestrian the right of way. Many in fact give vehicles the right of way because they know people stop faster than moving vehicles.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wrong, other countries laws do not give pedestrian the right of way. Many in fact give vehicles the right of way because they know people stop faster than moving vehicles.
Go mow down a Pedestrian and see how you feel about it after. You can claim you had right of way.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Go mow down a Pedestrian and see how you feel about it after. You can claim you had right of way.
Wow no one said they would purposely run them over! What’s wrong with you? You are aware that 4000lb with momentum just can’t stop instantly right?

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wow no one said they would purposely run them over! What’s wrong with you? You are aware that 4000lb with momentum just can’t stop instantly right?
That's why you drive slower when there are pedestrians around. Not the speed limit simply because you have the right of way.

I plan on going my entire life without killing anyone. It'd be little comfort to me that I was legally not at fault.

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
That's why you drive slower when there are pedestrians around. Not the speed limit simply because you have the right of way.

I plan on going my entire life without killing anyone. It'd be little comfort to me that I was legally not at fault.
Exactly it would suck if you killed someone! But if they’re an idiot and walkout into moving traffic. You can’t stop in time it would suck yes, but at least you wouldn’t be thrown in prison for their idiotic decision! What ever happened to look both ways before crossing the street?

OP
OP
LarsenGrind

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Some of these posts man :facepalm: Makes me wish I hadn’t posted my vid.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
This happened a few years ago. I worked downtown and went out to lunch with a few guys I worked with. We were near a corner, waiting for the walk light when a car making a right turn hit a pedestrian crossing the other street. The car driver did not hit the pedestrian very hard, maybe hard enough to cause a bruise. But the guy's leg just folded sideways. The driver was freaking out, while the pedestrian seemed totally fine. Turns out he just got his prosthetic leg knocked loose.
Sponsored