Mustang GT reliability. Best year?

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
For what it's worth, I just picked up a 2018 Mustang GT Premium 400A package with 3,100 miles. Paid $31,300 for the car. Topped off with a CPO 7yr/100k warranty. This was at Autonation Ford in Fort worth, TX on Christmas Eve. Best price I found anywhere. For you saying your not worried about a warranty, you never know when something is going to crap out. Might as well have Ford pay for it, instead of yourself. Just my $0.02.
Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
For what it's worth, I just picked up a 2018 Mustang GT Premium 400A package with 3,100 miles. Paid $31,300 for the car. Topped off with a CPO 7yr/100k warranty. This was at Autonation Ford in Fort worth, TX on Christmas Eve. Best price I found anywhere. For you saying your not worried about a warranty, you never know when something is going to crap out. Might as well have Ford pay for it, instead of yourself. Just my $0.02.
Except you paid for that warranty...they are making money off it in the long run. With the cost of these warranties those funds could have repaired a lot...

irmoviper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Except you paid for that warranty...they are making money off it in the long run. With the cost of these warranties those funds could have repaired a lot...
Curious as to how you came up with that conclusion.

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
If you can believe Consumer Reports, 2018 was the most reliable Mustang made. Every area was rated excellent with virtually no trouble spots.

Deleted member 35786

If you can believe Consumer Reports, 2018 was the most reliable Mustang made. Every area was rated excellent with virtually no trouble spots.
Take it with a grain of salt. CR receives its data from car owners with surveys. That is skewed big time by people who are unhappy for a multitude of reasons.
Bottom line: do not beat on car daily, perform the proper maintenance and she will last a long time. Yes there are cases of folks having issues shortly after purchase, that can and does happen with any mass produced item.

Sponsored

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
One blown motor transmission etc is enough to pay for it. I’m pretty sure a new coyote is close to 10k and that’s without all the fluids they have to put in to the car and all the hours of labor

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Curious as to how you came up with that conclusion.
Uh because they don't offer that out of the goodness of their heart. You paid for that warranty when you paid for the car.

Personally I don't see the value in it. Latent defects will show up within the factory included warranty. Unless it's a notoriously unreliable vehicle (looking at you Land Rover and Alpha) the extended warranty is a cash grab. Failure rates on the coyotes are quite low.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Uh because they don't offer that out of the goodness of their heart. You paid for that warranty when you paid for the car.

Personally I don't see the value in it. Latent defects will show up within the factory included warranty. Unless it's a notoriously unreliable vehicle (looking at you Land Rover and Alpha) the extended warranty is a cash grab. Failure rates on the coyotes are quite low.
How Ford does in the aggregrate on extended warranties is not my concern, it's how I feel the one specimen that I own is gonna do. We both can be winners.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You do realize that most new car models have all greens in Consumer Reports? Give it 3 years then see if it still has the same ratings.

Sponsored

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
z420.jpg
Here's the reliability rating from Consumer reports. And yes I agree they come from owners. My experience it is that most ratings are from the disgruntled owners. Here's the latest CR ratings.
Mustang Reliable ratings from CR.jpg

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for the duplicate. Problem uploading the file,

bullitt2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Guard Green
2017 or 2019 IMO. Never first year of a new model.
Unless you get a later build date of the first year (and use caution when buying!). Mine is a 2015 but it was built closer to when the production for the 2016 ones began.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Take it with a grain of salt. CR receives its data from car owners with surveys. That is skewed big time by people who are unhappy for a multitude of reasons.
Bottom line: do not beat on car daily, perform the proper maintenance and she will last a long time. Yes there are cases of folks having issues shortly after purchase, that can and does happen with any mass produced item.
Best post on the thread.......

Take care of your car.
Treat it like shit and it will give probs.............
Sponsored