Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Off topic, so...

I'm not arguing against anything you say, just saying one of the benefits is it helps with octane. All the things you mention are definitely true as well.

I put 110 in my shifter kart, and it has no ethanol (that I'm aware of), but it also costs $12/gal.
Lol.... nice... getting impatient waiting for my first mustang.....aaaaarrrggghh!
Sponsored

nutte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT convertible
I think they did you a favor on that one...it sounds hideous

LOL; I guess I kind of expected responses like that :D

But guys, you need to upgrade your color preference and include more happy colors! :p

Would love to drive around in a car that resembles Mr McDonald's car or a toy car. I do hope to put on some colorful wheels like the FlowForm FF01. Probably green, yellow, or orange:

Sponsored

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Important question - will the Redline wheel color actually match the Redline interior? :D

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
In the spirit of using Brian's time wisely, can we keep the posts purely to questions and answers? I think we are expecting a bit much for him to sort through all of the offhand comments and we should respect his time.

To avoid being hypocritical, Brian there have been questions on the exhaust system. Images that we have seen have shown it to be welded instead of clamped which makes easy replacement difficult. Is the exhaust system in the 2015 welded in final production?

Also what is Ford's position on warrantee violation with modifications, many members are concerned/confused which modifications would cause concern for violating acceptable use and voiding the warrantee.
We know that Ford produces the Mustang into a huge set of aftermarket modifications, but for responsible owners who want to do a little here and there what is the risk?

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
In the spirit of using Brian's time wisely, can we keep the posts purely to questions and answers? I think we are expecting a bit much for him to sort through all of the offhand comments and we should respect his time.

To avoid being hypocritical, Brian there have been questions on the exhaust system. Images that we have seen have shown it to be welded instead of clamped which makes easy replacement difficult. Is the exhaust system in the 2015 welded in final production?
In that same spirit, you've looked at the photos from today's production launch thread, correct? :) You can see they are welded in the 4th photo from the top.

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
That's why questions are in bold (which was a great idea BTW). Makes it very easy for him to scroll through and pick out the questions.

That being said, I agree, the less clutter the better. We want to make it as easy as possible for him to assist us. :thumbsup:

EDIT: along the same vein, in order to avoid wasting Brian's time, I highly recommend that everyone...

REVIEW THE ORDER GUIDE AND DEALER SOURCE BOOK BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

ORDER GUIDE: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015-ford-mustang-1747.html

DEALER PRODUCT GUIDE:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=54676&postcount=55

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Dang....lol.... ethanol doesn't add to the octane level... it's almost like adding alcohol to gas derived from corn/wheat or whatever stock they are using

I did not say it adds to the octane level like a booster. I said it basically increases it, albeit minimally at such low levels with e10 that it probably wouldn't even register. Ya know like how running E85 is equivalent to running 100 octane. That is what I was implying.

That's why questions are in bold (which was a great idea BTW). Makes it very easy for him to scroll through and pick out the questions.

That being said, I agree, the less clutter the better. We want to make it as easy as possible for him to assist us. :thumbsup:
Thank you, thank you :hail: and your welcome haha :D

And yes I do agree the less clutter the better, it's just that what seabee is saying about ethanol is nonsense, at least in reference to it's octane level. It does however have a horrible effect on mpgs

Sponsored

Johnnybear

Future Mustang owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Passat Wagon, Jeep Wrangler, 1979 Mustang
same deal

Brian I have no question for you. I just want to thank you very much for being a "questions" punching bag. It's a selfless undertaking and I for one appreciate you taking this on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same deal. Thanks. I can't wait for the reviews on the car-but I am already sold on this car and think it will be a huge success.

qwkcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non-mustang
Howdy friend,

Thank you so much for being here.

What solution for the Base GT solves the Performance Pack being crippled and rendered partially useless in the absence of Drive Modes 4th toggle switches? I.e. will performance pack supply drive modes either as: 4th toggle switch, or by pressing a unique sequence of other buttons on the dash or steering wheel? Premium trim is not desirable due extra weight of Non-performance options and leather seating surfaces.

Thank you,

Brian

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Why are you ruining the looks of the export variants, with all these silly things that stick out like an eyesore? It took you so long to perfect the shape and looks of the new car with all the Mustang DNA .. and it seems to be thrown overboard by tacking on all these last minute and not very well thought out 'legal requirement tad-bits' e.g.: Big mirrors, Taillights that effectively remove the tri-bar look, Non-flush towing hook plugs in a very obvious place etc.
There, I just had to ask, because I am not happy seeing the pictures on this forum of it. It makes the car look badly designed and feels like a slap in the face to the 'global community'. One Mustang for the world .. not really, it seems.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Why are you ruining the looks of the export variants, with all these silly things that stick out like an eyesore? It took you so long to perfect the shape and looks of the new car with all the Mustang DNA .. and it seems to be thrown overboard by tacking on all these last minute and not very well thought out 'legal requirement tad-bits' e.g.: Big mirrors, Taillights that effectively remove the tri-bar look, Non-flush towing hook plugs in a very obvious place etc.
There, I just had to ask, because I am not happy seeing the pictures on this forum of it. It makes the car look badly designed and feels like a slap in the face to the 'global community'. One Mustang for the world .. not really, it seems.
Its not Ford's fault. Don't pass laws in Europe that require the implementation of these eyesores.
Sponsored