OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I’m an hpde guy and it’s also the reason I choose the 2.66 first gear and optional overdrive ratios and I’m on 3:73. I did see the pics and it’s too close to tell. A lot of work to ‘test’ the bell housing fit. Maybe the manufacturer of his turbo kit would know.
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I’m an hpde guy and it’s also the reason I choose the 2.66 first gear and optional overdrive ratios and I’m on 3:73. I did see the pics and it’s too close to tell. A lot of work to ‘test’ the bell housing fit. Maybe the manufacturer of his turbo kit would know.
Turbos are going on my car starting tomorrow so while the car is down, I’ll let him come take some dimensions. Might be all that he needs

Maybe he can even get an idea of fitment since it’s a bottom mount as well

Good to hear the gearing is working out for you. He’ll be glad to hear that. Thanks again

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was going to suggest just getting the bellhousing from Quicktime and test fitting once the MT82 is out. It may still work with some minor modification, only way to know for sure.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
Turbos are going on my car starting tomorrow so while the car is down, I’ll let him come take some dimensions. Might be all that he needs

Maybe he can even get an idea of fitment since it’s a bottom mount as well

Good to hear the gearing is working out for you. He’ll be glad to hear that. Thanks again
Who are you going with for the turbo setup?

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Sponsored

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
@aleccolin

Looking for an update on your Tilton clutch. Start off habits, drive ability in traffic, holding power, noise, etc, etc.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I haven't read through this whole thread, but have some questions for those who have completed this swap.

Did you index the bellhousing?
Is there a wiring diagram that shows how to wire in the Bowler all in one harness?

Thanks in advance.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I haven't read through this whole thread, but have some questions for those who have completed this swap.

Did you index the bellhousing?
Is there a wiring diagram that shows how to wire in the Bowler all in one harness?

Thanks in advance.
I was finally able to read through the entire thread. Saw the diagrams posted... awesome!
I'm still wondering if you guys indexed your bellhousings. I've read it can be difficult due to the cutouts. Any input on this will be appreciated.

Sponsored

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Quick update for those that might be more visual guys... This is a simple sketch up of how I ran my wiring for this module. It follows the instructions posted above by @db252 but gives you a little cheat sheet. Please note: I chose not to use the VBPWR from the ECM because I thought it was a bad idea to supply the reverse lockout solenoid power through the ECM. Others may disagree, and I am ok with that. It is obviously a lot easier to use the power that is already down there, but I would rather be safe than sorry when it comes to the factory computer. I used a Bussman Add-a-Fuse to a switched 12VDC source (Fuse F38 in the engine compartment), and ran a new power wire to the RED wire on the Bowler. I then inserted the 3A fuse provided with the Bowler unit into my Add-a-Fuse opening. Please review and comment if anyone sees anything wrong. Also, I did this for my TR6060, but it applies to both transmissions.

Bowler Wiring.jpg
Is there a reason why you connected the return wire to ground?

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I did not index my bell housing and neither did others I know that did their install. Is it the best thing to do?..........of course. It hasn’t caused a single issue that I’m aware of and I’ve been running it since the beginning of this post.
As far as the wiring is concerned, all my connections were done at the transmission with the stock wiring from the harness. Again, not a single issue to date.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
I did not index my bell housing and neither did others I know that did their install. Is it the best thing to do?..........of course. It hasn’t caused a single issue that I’m aware of and I’ve been running it since the beginning of this post.
As far as the wiring is concerned, all my connections were done at the transmission with the stock wiring from the harness. Again, not a single issue to date.

Don’t hesitate to ask if you have more questions.
Thank you for the reply! I took a look at the Tremec instructions and it actually states to only index the bellhousing if the engine is not factory. So, I guess that answers that lol. I also looked at my Bowler all in one and now looks pretty simple.
I'm also going with the Ram 9000 series pro street clutch, except with metallic discs, for the drag strip. Ram is literally no more than 15 minutes from my house, so that was a no brainer.
Anyway, I have to install my long tubes before the trans, so it'll be a bit before mine is in. I do have the MT82 pulled already, so hopefully it won't be too long.

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Yes exactly. Ford doesn’t index during all their installs and QuickTime bell housings are made to specific tolerances. If I were building a car from the ground up with an older block I’m sure I would do it.
The only thing I did measure for shits and giggles was slave cylinder measurements and using the stock slave was spot on with my Ram setup which most clutches are built to stock height with some minor variations.
It’s nice having the trans out for installing long tubes just for head room clearance when using a lift; the only way I do it luckily.
Everything is straight forward with the install of everything and having the separate bell housing is awesome. DEFINITELY make room in the body for the reverse solenoid.

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
Yes exactly. Ford doesn’t index during all their installs and QuickTime bell housings are made to specific tolerances. If I were building a car from the ground up with an older block I’m sure I would do it.
The only thing I did measure for shits and giggles was slave cylinder measurements and using the stock slave was spot on with my Ram setup which most clutches are built to stock height with some minor variations.
It’s nice having the trans out for installing long tubes just for head room clearance when using a lift; the only way I do it luckily.
Everything is straight forward with the install of everything and having the separate bell housing is awesome. DEFINITELY make room in the body for the reverse solenoid.
Yep, I'm definitely gonna check everything to ensure the slave cylinder is correct in relation to the clutch, even though I'm sure it'll be fine. Btw, I'm doing all this on jack stands because I haven't bought a lift yet ‍♂
I will make necessary clearance for the solenoid way in advance.
Sponsored