15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tom: While I appreciate the notion of an apology from Ford, it certainly doesn't do much for one's patience although your situation is way worse and you have my condolences.
Thanks. I deleted the post you were referring to because it came across like a whiney cry baby. Simply put, Ford screwed the pooch in many ways with this car. Don't get me wrong, it is going to be an amazing car when everyone eventually gets it, however for all of the following reasons, it has been a disappointment so far. First the program development delays, then the "Golden ticket" crap and a complete lack of transparency of the allocation system, then the ADMs and pure dealer greed as well as the control and manipulation of production numbers, then the social media ass kissing and a serious lack of attention to real enthusiasts, then the circus side show out in Vegas, and now a problem with produced vehicles that have inhibited the cars to be shipped.

Frustration doesn't even begin to describe how I feel, and especially how you poor folks must feel who have built cars and watch them trickle out of flat rock. My story is a little more compounded on top of all the stuff above. I have other reasons to be angry and frustrated. My order was "clean" back in July. It was supposed to be in the first build cycle. It was confirmed through my regional rep. For some reason, Ford flushed that one right down the toilet. And there is more. More that I cant get into that is confidential. And furthermore, if there is any truth to what I have heard about that punk YouTube kid out in California getting his car first, that would add the ultimate insult to the long list of injury.

I have had it with Ford. As I have mentioned in some PMs, This may be my last Ford vehicle. And that's coming from a life long Ford guy.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
@Snoopy49
Any visibility on 0515 ? Another friends car and was told to expect delivery next week

I dont see it on the list..
Hes sorta VIP and curious if it was ordered as a dealer car for priority reasons

DonMTV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra, 1988 Mustang GT
Shouldn't Ford be upfront about the issues to their purchasers of this "Halo" Mustang? Why should all of you be chasing tidbits of info that Snoopy can gleam from the data dump, or the confidential info that members are getting from their sources within Ford? Shouldn't all of this be above board, what is with all of the secrecy? It is shady on all fronts. All of you have put hard earned money down for deposits, have invested all of this time dreaming of getting this car, and everyone is being road blocked from purchaser, to dealerships, and maybe regional managers. The secrecy of information that is being bandied about is suspect. Looks bad all around. Fuck it if the information is associated with confidential sources, start outing this issue so that people can get their damn cars. Make it a big stink. As someone mentioned above there is possibly $16 million dollars in inventory just sitting there, and Ford should be letting anyone who purchased a car know what exactly is going on.

OP
OP
Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@Snoopy49
Any visibility on 0515 ? Another friends car and was told to expect delivery next week

I dont see it on the list..
Hes sorta VIP and curious if it was ordered as a dealer car for priority reasons
It is not on the list. It is a customer ordered (Retail) car and it's current status is Sent to Plant.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Why? Whats to gain?
Tesla tell everyone about their delays?
How about iPhones and android's?

Product runs into issues before shipping to customers is 1 thing, issues after delivery is another case.

Do you want a "perfect " product delivered, or a perfectly delivered product?

Just Plain Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Teddy
Vehicle(s)
Sold - 2015 GT 50 th Anniversary
Dumb question... but, does anybody know how many allocations were allotted the dealers? All 5,000 they plan on producing?

Sponsored

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Shouldn't Ford be upfront about the issues to their purchasers of this "Halo" Mustang? Why should all of you be chasing tidbits of info that Snoopy can gleam from the data dump, or the confidential info that members are getting from their sources within Ford? Shouldn't all of this be above board, what is with all of the secrecy? It is shady on all fronts. All of you have put hard earned money down for deposits, have invested all of this time dreaming of getting this car, and everyone is being road blocked from purchaser, to dealerships, and maybe regional managers. The secrecy of information that is being bandied about is suspect. Looks bad all around. Fuck it if the information is associated with confidential sources, start outing this issue so that people can get their damn cars. Make it a big stink. As someone mentioned above there is possibly $16 million dollars in inventory just sitting there, and Ford should be letting anyone who purchased a car know what exactly is going on.
I to am frustrated, not with the delay in production, but with others jumping the order. To think $16M in inventory is going to keep Ford Execs. awake at night, isn't realistic. Just think for a minute of the inventory they have in North America. I won't hazard a guess but i'm sure the $ value is mind blowing, and likely available through their various securities filings. I'm sure the GT 500 stalled roll out and issues are on the agenda of every senior level meeting, looking for progress updates and solutions to get us behind the wheel of our cars asap.

With that said, we all have different level of patience, but more patience is what we could all use. I for one do not want a 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 that will be plagued with serviceability and recall issues once I get it. I simply want the best Mustang ever produced, in my specs, when Ford deems it ready to meet the expectations they have set for me.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Do you want a "perfect " product delivered, or a perfectly delivered product?
V: What a GREAT sentence! And I agree a thousand percent as the less I have to deal with the store, the better. Plus, there are probably no better techs than at the plant so if our cars need something, so be it and I'd MUCH rather have them duit than locally.

does anybody know how many allocations were allotted the dealers? All 5,000 they plan on producing?
Bill: I'd be willing to bet a fair chunk of change that not even half of the allocations have been distributed. No doubt the program is designed to run for a model year or at least that would again, be my guess.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
I to am frustrated, not with the delay in production, but with others jumping the order. To think $16M in inventory is going to keep Ford Execs. awake at night, isn't realistic. Just think for a minute of the inventory they have in North America. I won't hazard a guess but i'm sure the $ value is mind blowing, and likely available through their various securities filings. I'm sure the GT 500 stalled roll out and issues are on the agenda of every senior level meeting, looking for progress updates and solutions to get us behind the wheel of our cars asap.

With that said, we all have different level of patience, but more patience is what we could all use. I for one do not want a 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 that will be plagued with serviceability and recall issues once I get it. I simply want the best Mustang ever produced, in my specs, when Ford deems it ready to meet the expectations they have set for me.
I agree 100%, I have much respect that Ford is trying to work out the bugs before distributing what is essentially a Halo car to loyal customers. It wouldn't look good if it came as a bucket of problems, and I have waited years for this car so another month is a spit in the bucket as far as I am concerned. Maybe I am wrong but I still feel Ford learned a lot about the GT500 at Las Vegas as having that many people beat on it over and over again was some good real world R&D that more than likely helped us all in the long run.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
^^^
I agree, im sure something was learned or an occurrence happened that they saw they could /needed to address
Sponsored