Sponsored

850whp on 91 octane?

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
I am also in CA and have the hellion TT 62's. tuned by lund and alex maxed me off at around 8.5 lbs of boost when I was logging on 91 octane PLUS meth,made 600 wheel. The 91 here is junk and had false knock until I switched to E85. Now pushing 10-14 lbs of boost, my boost controller gives me the option to pick. 700 750 and 800 wheel all on stock block but did buy a fore return style fuel system. i have a 15 so maybe an 18 will get a bit more boost but i highly doubt 91 will get you near 850 wheel, especially here in CA.
Sponsored

Beano

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phillip
Vehicle(s)
FGX XR8 and 2016 Mustang GT, Both supercharged
As said, you're already at the limit of 91. Going turbo will not gain you much more.

You need to switch to E85 (preferably) or a methanol injection setup to make that power no matter what type of FI it is.
I would say with turbos having a higher adiabatic efficiency, plus the fact that it is not mechanically driven, will actually allow for a decent increase in power at the same manifold pressure and fuel, vs a mechanical driven supercharger.

Simply from a theoretical perspective, not advising one over the other, but since he is octane-limited, thought it worth a mention. All Superchargers are indeed not equal...

Cheers,
Beano

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I would say with turbos having a higher adiabatic efficiency, plus the fact that it is not mechanically driven, will actually allow for a decent increase in power at the same manifold pressure and fuel, vs a mechanical driven supercharger.

Simply from a theoretical perspective, not advising one over the other, but since he is octane-limited, thought it worth a mention. All Superchargers are indeed not equal...

Cheers,
Beano
This is true, but it will not be a very large gain. Certainly not worth the time and money swapping out the whole system.

OP
OP

Arzane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Mustang
I am also in CA and have the hellion TT 62's. tuned by lund and alex maxed me off at around 8.5 lbs of boost when I was logging on 91 octane PLUS meth,made 600 wheel. The 91 here is junk and had false knock until I switched to E85. Now pushing 10-14 lbs of boost, my boost controller gives me the option to pick. 700 750 and 800 wheel all on stock block but did buy a fore return style fuel system. i have a 15 so maybe an 18 will get a bit more boost but i highly doubt 91 will get you near 850 wheel, especially here in CA.
Naw stock fuel system runs 12 pound rn at around 720-750
Sponsored