Sponsored

Clutch burned out questions.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
As a side note OP, even though you have the extended warranty you should be careful. If you blow your motor, not only will they go through cars computer to check for any modifications, Ford will also ask them to pull the oil pan and look for signs of abuse.
I’d be surprised if the OP comes back...

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
Pretty sure your other post containing the following:

Your saga with this car is turning into an absolute dumpster fire. You purchase the cheapest GT350 you can find, hoon on it when you don't know what you're doing, and wanting to tune and mod it for more power when you barely just got the car.

Your extended warranty does not cover clutches, that's the premium care maintenance plan. Assuming you can still get it, people are paying anywhere between $2000-4000 for these plans.

IIRC, new clutch is going to cost you around what it costs for a set of tires, $1500~.
I purchased the cheapest GT350 I can find wtf are you talking about buddy, I dont know what I'm doing? man your a real asshole!!

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
^ That's probably what happened. OP had the audacity to say he "only had the freakin car for three weeks literally drove it home approx. 300"

The car can handle being driven hard. It can't handle misuse and abuse.

If you could be so kind OP as to mention your VIN so we can start getting a blacklist going of which GT350s to avoid like the plague on the used market.
man your a real keyboard tuff guy jackass!

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Probably busy checking if he's got some of that melted aluminum in his oil pan..
I don't get it. Car forums used to be about helping people. I've been contributing to them for 20+ years. Why are even the current good ones turning into shit shows? Didn't the OP even admit in that other thread he likely messed up? Why crucify the guy? Your posts remind me why I quit posting on any firearm forums - because of gun snobs who spend more time taking pictures of their guns than shooting them - then look down on new posters who want to get their first firearm. You look down on the OP because he bought a car he could afford, a GT350 that had more miles than probably 20 of them from this website combined? (Not counting owners who actually track them).

Does it make you feel better about yourself? I don't normally post on the GT350 side - because I don't own one. But when you hit new posts - these threads come up. It reminds me of the questions I got from a friend who bought a GT350 used - and proceeded to drive it a TON. He showed up at a Cars and Coffee - mainly to see other cars and bring his son and several other Shelby owners started giving him shit because his car had miles on it. He couldn't believe he got so much shit because he DROVE a car that's built to be driven.

Must be nice to never have made any mistakes.

ReapSow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 and 1996 Cobra
I replaced my clutch
Has anyone replaced or repaired their clutch on the GT350 yet, I have only had the freakin car for three weeks literally drove it home approx. 300 miles car has 36,900 on it, took it to my local dealer last week for oil change went to take it out for a sunday afternoon ride and the clutch is burnt up can smell it as well as feel the slippage drove the car normally. Anyone else with the same issue, what can I expect as far as warranty? I did purchase an extended warranty plan when I bought the car. Hopefuly the car will be ok with this clutch issue corrected?
I replaced my factory clutch on my two post lift back in July, did an MGW shifter at the same time. It is a fairly simple process with some patience, a tranny jack and a jack post. If you have a track pack car with the cooler lines it is a little more intensive but I would recommend tackling it yourself if you don't feel like spending your money. Take pictures, bag bolts and pay attention to alignment and torque specs. I went with a Mcleod RXT because I procharged and its held up well thus far. Do yourself a favor and install it yourself and buy a one piece driveshaft with the money you saved. Also, when you get it put back together, the clutch will be on the floor due to the car having a hydraulic tb, so you will need to apply vacuum to the brake reservoir to restore pedal (use search function on here to find a write up). Good luck

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I've warned him in his other thread to not tune and mod his car because he will very likely void his remaining power train warranty. He's the only one I've noticed on this forum because he's talking about tuning his car, and praying his engine doesn't let go. That tells me he's not thinking all this through. Now you've got him roasting his clutch, and trying to blame it on the car/manufacturer by saying he only drove it 300miles. You can roast your clutch going 0 miles. Just look at that Corvette video.

Like I said, his saga is a rolling dumpster fire, and although it's fucking harsh, I rather him wake up to what he's getting himself into before he financially ruins himself. If I didn't give a damn, Id just shit on him without any advice.

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
I replaced my clutch

I replaced my factory clutch on my two post lift back in July, did an MGW shifter at the same time. It is a fairly simple process with some patience, a tranny jack and a jack post. If you have a track pack car with the cooler lines it is a little more intensive but I would recommend tackling it yourself if you don't feel like spending your money. Take pictures, bag bolts and pay attention to alignment and torque specs. I went with a Mcleod RXT because I procharged and its held up well thus far. Do yourself a favor and install it yourself and buy a one piece driveshaft with the money you saved. Also, when you get it put back together, the clutch will be on the floor due to the car having a hydraulic tb, so you will need to apply vacuum to the brake reservoir to restore pedal (use search function on here to find a write up). Good luck
Sounds good brother, yes will probably change out myself with the help of a friend who knows more of what to do here, found an OEM new clutch with fly wheel on e-bay for a great price so going that way of doing it myself, thanks for the info.

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
I've warned him in his other thread to not tune and mod his car because he will very likely void his remaining power train warranty. He's the only one I've noticed on this forum because he's talking about tuning his car, and praying his engine doesn't let go. That tells me he's not thinking all this through. Now you've got him roasting his clutch, and trying to blame it on the car/manufacturer by saying he only drove it 300miles. You can roast your clutch going 0 miles. Just look at that Corvette video.

Like I said, his saga is a rolling dumpster fire, and although it's fucking harsh, I rather him wake up to what he's getting himself into before he financially ruins himself. If I didn't give a damn, Id just shit on him without any advice.
your an asshole!!!!!!!!!!! go "F" yourself!

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So you bought a GT350 with 37,000 miles on it. You are lucky all that is wrong is the clutch. And you want to tune it? Once you do, you own it. Warranty void.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Let it go man. He wanted to get a rise out of you and succeeded.
That's false.

To OP, I don't want to see you or anyone else stuck with a $30k motor replacement bill because you were being careless. I'm not going to repeat any of the advice I gave you. You do you.

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
Let it go man. He wanted to get a rise out of you and succeeded.
Your right, just cant beleive some people have to be jerkoff's when this is just all about our passions for this car, or any hot rods I do truly appreciate the great advise from guys like youself & others that are genuine good people. Thanks brother.

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
I replaced my clutch

Does the Mcleod RXT clutch feel any stiffer than stock. I need to replace mine and although I am not using force induction figured I would go with an upgraded clutch in case things change in the future.
Sponsored