Sponsored

Petition to Rename Mustang Mach-E

pdac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT, 2011 GT/CS, 2013 Jeep Wranger, 2014 GT/CS - All SOLD! Current - 2012 Corvette Grand Sport
This thread cracks me up.
Sponsored

Allegro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2018 RC GT Premium
Because it’s only 3.3% of overall sales. Hardly a cash cow. It also doesn’t really share anything with any other Ford vehicles which is critical to profits. I’ve said this before, my belief is that the Mustang’s tenure would be short lived if not for Ford using the name for other vehicles.
I agree. In years past it might have been a cash cow, but not today. They sell as many F Series trucks in one month in the U.S. as they do Mustangs in a year. Most companies today would not continue a product that's only 3.3% of overall sales. We should be glad the Mach E introduction didn't include an announcement that the regular Mustang was to be phased out over the next few years. GM pretty well did that this year indicating there were no current plans to support the Camaro past 2023. The Mustang Mach E is here to stay and is only the beginning of changes we probably won't like very much.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I agree. In years past it might have been a cash cow, but not today. They sell as many F Series trucks in one month in the U.S. as they do Mustangs in a year. Most companies today would not continue a product that's only 3.3% of overall sales. We should be glad the Mach E introduction didn't include an announcement that the regular Mustang was to be phased out over the next few years. GM pretty well did that this year indicating there were no current plans to support the Camaro past 2023. The Mustang Mach E is here to stay and is only the beginning of changes we probably won't like very much.
There may be another Mustang after the S550, but it will not use a unique floorpan like the current one.

How long Ford will keep making the V8 is also open to question - it will be virtually impossible to sell in Europe for much longer and it isn't impossible there will be a complete ban on all new petrol and diesel vehicles in Europe by 2030 or not long after.

I think the Mustang name on the Mach-e is a mistake, but as a vehicle it is the future and makes the new Aston Martin DBX look a bit lumpen

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Should not be called a Mustang. HOWSABOUT.......Ford "Lightning"??

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I have your Muscle car right here LOL
1500004288531.png
You might want to look up the sales figures for the Mustang II before making derogatory remarks about it. The first year sales rank 5th all time, following model years 65-68. Its five year production run produced sales that eclipsed the last five years of the first generation, i.e., 69-73, and the first five years of the Fox body. I know all this because I looked it up today to respond to a local auto writer’s story on the Mach E in which he quoted someone who said, “That’s as bad as the Mustang II. What were they thinking? Call it the Mach-E but don’t ruin the Mustang name again.”. It was this notion that the Mustang II ruined the Mustang name, which seems a far cry given the sales success that it apparently was, that I objected to.

Of course, what do I know, I drive a lowly Ecoboost (he said, sarcastically).

Sponsored

Tjking30

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thomasjking.com
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The remark was not meant to be derogatory. It was a tongue in cheek response to someone who said Mustang will always be identified as a high performance muscle car. I owned a 74 and 77 Mustang II.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders Hansen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition
Save 55 years of Mustang Heritage.
The Mach-E looks to be a great product! BUT naming any SUV a Mustang is wrong.

“Putting the name Mustang on an all-wheel-drive, four-door crossover is insulting to the Mustang clubs and Mustang enthusiasts who’ve supported this product for more than five decades. I’m imploring Ford to hear our voices and respect Mustang heritage and not bastardize it this way.”

Sign this petition! Save Mustang Heritage!!

Mustang Expert Launches Petition To Change Mach-E Name
https://www.motor1.com/news/383490/mustang-expert-petition-change-mach-e/
DAMN RIGHT , I HAVE SIGNED WHEN I SAW THE POSSIBILITY, BEING THE PROUD OWNER OF NO. 1029 50 YR EDT, AND THEN THIS TECH CAR, WELL I DONT LIKE THE SPEED GAUGES ANYMORE IN MUSTANG I LIKE ANALOGUE, SO MIGHT BE MY LAST FIRST AND MUSTANG , I AM SHOCKED WHEN THEY DID THIS, IT LOOKS LIKE A CHINA VERSION OF A SUV, AND THE COLOURS, AND THEY HAVE TO BUY IDRIS ELBA TO SIT AND READ A TELEPROMPT WITH BILL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anders Hansen
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 50 Year Limited Edition
A petition was started here on the site last Sunday after the Mach E announcement. Frankly, it's a waste of time. Several articles state that Ford locked in the Mustang name for the Mach E a year ago. It's not going to change and as of yesterday at the LA Auto Show, Ford announced there will be a Shelby Mach E.
SO SHELBY SOLD THEM SELF OUT TOO, I AM SURE OLD SHELBY IS ROTATING IN HIS GRAVE LIKE A DYNAMO
NO RESPECT FOR FORD OR SHELBY ANYMORE

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
interesting, ford just made a 600+ lb-ft torque car that has a ton of tech and looks beautiful, will gap everybody, is as fast as a Ferrari.

But we also have those 4 cylinder turbo pirce of crap that looks like shit with 300hp.... That, is damaging the brand.

This eletric Mustang is great, and is not damaging the brand at all, it is actually doing the opposite.

You guys are to sensitive.

edit: cant wait for them to put shelby on those cars to see everybody going crazy. lol

Sponsored

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
interesting, ford just made a 600+ lb-ft torque car that has a ton of tech and looks beautiful, will gap everybody, is as fast as a Ferrari.

But we also have those 4 cylinder turbo pirce of crap that looks like shit with 300hp.... That, is damaging the brand.

This eletric Mustang is great, and is not damaging the brand at all, it is actually doing the opposite.

You guys are to sensitive.

edit: cant wait for them to put shelby on those cars to see everybody going crazy. lol
It's not the electric nor the performance that bothers most people, it's the fact that it's a CUV. It's a Honda CRV clone with an electric engine and a huge gaudy iPad for an interior. It's a vehicle for old women who MIGHT trade in their CRVs or RAV4s, and the few Millennials who actually can and MIGHT be willing to spend $42-60k on a vehicle.

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Erm, well...shit-stirring is never a good look, is it?

There is no chance IMO that Ford will drop the "Mustang" badge from their new electric CRV, certainly not in its first generation. So, we'll see what we'll see over the next few years...but the fact that I loathe the Cayenne* would never affect what I think of the 911 or the Boxster, nor does it seem likely that its existence has "diluted the brand" a great deal.

*Maybe what I really loathe is the unwillingness of parking lot owners to sacrifice a few spaces and repaint the lines on their lots to accommodate the ever-accelerating obesity of modern automobiles.:wink:

SLED550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 3
FWIW, attempting to grab some more petition signers on fakebook today, with below message.

Then to browse for a 2015-2018 GT base PP1 in the Toronto area this weekend, wish me luck.

--
Sign the petition!
As a sports/GT car aficionado since childhood, I hereby express my absolute disgust at Ford for lifting the iconic Mustang name and logo, belonging to the defined, iconic GT heritage of the Ford Mustang, and applying it to their new SUV, the Mach-E - an utterly desperate and unimaginative marketing move that has angered tens of thousands of Mustang and sport/GT car fans. By definition, a Mustang is a wild horse (racy, sports/GT car), not a trained horse (grocery-getting, family SUV). Ford, you are not furthering a brand, you are diluting it, and diluting the regard of your company's integrity and products. By way of your marketing department, please begin a campaign of removing the Mustang name and logo from the Mach-E SUV - do it now.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I would rather see the Mustang end on a high note as the coupe it is then see it on a cuv...full stop. I don’t even want to see it go electric as a coupe. That is not a mustang. Sound is such a big part of it...and not fake ass stereo bullshit. A faster horse spent a good 15 min talking about the importance of the engine note. When ICE sunsets for good...the mustang needs to as well. Electric cars have no personality-I don’t care how fast they are. You are just one over the air update from getting that removed too. Might as well own a Leaf. Still hope the Mach E tanks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
):

FD90BC08-199A-4205-9F7E-F7EDF47AD8CB.jpeg
Sponsored

Reactions: DRB