Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
lotta salt in this thread. Everyone crying over a name..

Doesn't Lambo make an SUV? The Urinas? Or something? Right... Urus.. Who cares? A lambo is whatever they make...

Sorry this new electric crossover isn't a mustang to the masses.. Fuck it, if a name is what kills ford, then who cares?
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Oh yeah... I'm buying one just to piss the interweb's off.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
So why do they need the Mustang name for that? Those who want performance will know to look for it, and I'm sure that you know Ford would be pitching the performance stats no matter what the SUV's name was. Do they even advertise the Mustang at all (other than on the Ford website and on dealership sales brochures)?

Norm
This SUV needs to succeed in a way something with any other badge from Ford simply won't. That's the biggest reason. There's a lot banking on BEVs and the SUV segment is the most lucrative one, so no matter how great they make this SUV, with a name that doesn't attract people to the showrooms it would be a greater financial risk not to use the Mustang name on it. People will own a Mustang in a form that is arguably more desirable. The most important thing in all this is they've instilled a good deal of Mustang DNA in Mach E, which is what these prospective buyers expect. It's true to the name. If I were a betting man I would say this will actually be a sales hit and therefore allow the core Mustang a greater future budget.

That's why I've been trying to say "tall-ish" rather than "tall". With its 63" height, it's at least 4" too tall to suit me.

For the record, I'm not in favor of having all sorts of little tasks automated for me. I'm fully capable of adjusting the HVAC to suit my comfort and needs of the moment, which does not always mean maintaining constant temperature or the same vents. Actually, it's a bit insulting when somebody else thinks they know what I want under any given circumstances better than I do.

Norm
You're making it sound like Mach is replacing Mustang.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I blame John Clor. He is supposed to be the liaison between the enthusiast and FoMoCo. Either FoMoCo doesn't listen when he speaks, or he failed to do his job. Either way he should resign.
Agreed. As clearly as he made the case against misappropriating even just the Mach 1 name, I have to think that they made a fool out of him.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Why would they want to win over people that are already buying from them?

They're wanting to win over those that want an SUV that has enough performance to give anything else a black eye and a bloody nose.
But it doesn't. It doesn't remotely. Most of them are no faster than an Ecoboost Mustang and the "hot" GT will likely be slower than the fastest Tesla Model 3 while costing almost twice as much.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OK, 1138 posts regarding a vehicle that we don’t like, with a touchscreen and power plant no one wants and a name we hate.

Any chance we can kill this thread and just go back to talking about our “S550” Mustang’s?

Last edited:

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
OK, 1138 posts regarding a vehicle that we don’t like, with a touchscreen and power plant no one wants and a name we hate.

Any chance we can kill this thread and just go back to talking about our Mustang’s?
Wait, I thought we were talking about Mustangs. ;)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Someone tell me WTF “vegan leather” is????

Supposedly the ME will have vegan leather....

Does that mean it’s veather?

It is made from Cabbage Patch Kids?

Is it made from Burger King Impossible Burgers or Dunkin’ Donuts Beyond Sausages?

It is cow hides that only come from cows who are fed grass?

Is that a nickname to it because the people on the upholstery team are only vegans?

I mean..... where are people coming up with this marketing shit??

What happened to Pleather? Did it get kicked to the wayside by veather?

Oh my, my, my.....

Reactions: nrc

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/20/ford-mustang-mach-e-production/

So let me get this straight.... Ford designs an SUV and slaps the mustang name on it to be a mass market competitor because the coupe usually doesn’t sell more than a 100k units a year, yet you only plan to make 50k of this SUV in its first year? Add to that it’s not a manufacturing bottleneck or soft production cap but rather a battery supply issue.... So now you have a mass market vehicle with a name it doesn’t deserve that you can’t make or sell large quantities of??? Tell me again why this exists? Why couldn’t it have been a traditional Mustang coupe :question::explode::computerrage:

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr

Is it made from Burger King Impossible Burgers or Dunkin’ Donuts Beyond Sausages?

Is that a nickname to it because the people on the upholstery team are only vegans?

Oh my, my, my.....
21st century term for vinyl...... High quality vinyl mind you but still vinyl.

Tesla has “not leather” or vegan leather as its referred to. I actually quite like it and it doesn’t get hard or wear like leather. But it’s just quality vinyl, nothing more.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Any chance we can kill this thread and just go back to talking about our “S550” Mustang’s?
Your S550 will forever be the one that ruined the pony car. Mine goes bye bye Saturday.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Oh my, my, my.....
Calm down CJ. :) No different than Alcantara or the Miko suede in my GT/CS. Fake leather is fake leather regardless of what they call it.

I gotta tell you though Cabbage Patch Kids is really funny :cwl::crackup:

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP

"Vegan leather" is like "Mustang SUV" - marketing double speak trying to convince you that something phony and half-assed is good.

Seriously, read through some of their marketing pap on this thing if you want to re-experience your dinner in reverse.
Sponsored