Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
If Ford wants to expand a brand name it the Edsel E. The term "electric Mustang" is an oxymoron and also an insult to muscle cars.
Sponsored

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Hell I'd be worried about any repairs. They can't even figure out why the battery in my stang keeps dis-charging.
Wonder if it will be sold at certain dealerships that get special equipment and training?

First5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 cadillac ATS 2.0, '95 wrangler, '11 5.0 Mustang
By Ford calling this new CUV a "Mustang" they are only diluting the Mustang brand.

If Ford would of called a new all Electric Mustang the "Mustang Mach-E" that would of been cool!

But calling a CUV a Mustang is the WRONG decision.

Electric CUV...AWESOME. Just don't dilute the image of the Mustang brand with a CUV. Call it anything else.

I'm so disappointed in this decision. Will make me seriously think twice about buying another Mustang. If Ford doesn't respect the Mustang Heritage, Image & Brand...why should I?
Agree on each and every statement.

Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
It's disrespectful of the Mustang brand and everyone that has stood by it.
I agree Ford use this as a sellout move.. I get it they're trying to sell vehicles and this is a desperate attempt how to use a iconic Mustang emblem. throw it all over their products to help sell their vehicles... I can just see the Ford ranger not doing very good. next year is going to be a little Mustang truck.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
Bastardize an icon......plain and simple. Stupid move Ford. Mustang “inspired” vs a Mustang. Pandering to non Mustang customers to bring them to the brand? Not an SUV Ford, that was never the intention of the model.....Lee Iacocca is rolling in the grave.

So what’s next, Mustang Minivan?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I'll bite.....just who is that market?
All other forums that are car oriented show this decision in a very negative light.
I'm being polite by not quoting the feed back.
because “car oriented” forums are usually enthusiasts. The market for this is someone like my parents. The ones that buy SUV’s and CUV’s that get better fuel mileage then his 18 RAM Limited daily or to replace his commuter car the 19 Optima Hybrid. Replace my moms 18 Santa Fe. That’s who they market to. Neither are on a forum, but both would love a SUV/CUV that could do 250+ miles and could be charged using their solar but in the price of their Optima.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I am perfectly fine with ford making electric cars if they are good... Tesla needs some competition. I just wish it looked more like

ford-mustang-inspired-suv-concept.jpg

If you dont like it you dont have to buy it... lmao who could legitimately be mad about another option? Dumb.

They should call it a lightning like some other people have suggested though, and also offer a 4 door coupe.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The last “people’s car” came from WWII Germany.....the Volkswagen. I get that Ford wants to compete with Tesla....just don’t use the Mustang name. Why does ever car need to turn into an SUV? People hauling around more crap than they need to.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Now soccer moms can say "I drive a Mustang"
And brag that they’re saving the planet, being green, and promoting social justice....while sipping a pumpkin spice latte and glaring at you.....you oil addicted heathen.....

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
Red one looks a freaking rectal prolapse. But I couldn't give a crap about it cause I'm not its target demographic. However to take a legendary name synonymous with enthusiasts and absolutely wreck it overnight is beyond stupid marketing I don't give a damn how well it performs. Sorry Ford..you missed on the name.
Sponsored