Sponsored

Who Will Be One Of The First To Receive A Mass Produced GT500 Through A Dealership!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I need to determine how to identify and track the specific rail car. Any help?
The information on the railcar will show up on the VVR. Contact your dealer and ask for a Full History. I think you will find that the car is still sitting at the plant.
Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
The information on the railcar will show up on the VVR. Contact your dealer and ask for a Full History. I think you will find that the car is still sitting at the plant.
@RapidResponder After talking to Noah, I’m sure it’s still sitting in FRAP,

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Full VVR History shows "In-Transit" with an estimated delivery of 11/13/2019, with a secondary confirmation from the local Delivery Yard. Hence the weekly update from the dealership.

I personally met with the Regional Sales Operations Manager today who does not believe any GT500s have yet shipped, even though the VVR and Customer Order Tracking indicates otherwise. He will confirm and get back to me with an update.

Just goes to show, all vehicle tracking is suspect once produced. True delivery confirmation is when it is parked in your garage. :computerrage:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Full VVR History shows "In-Transit" with an estimated delivery of 11/13/2019, with a secondary confirmation from the local Delivery Yard. Hence the weekly update from the dealership.

I personally met with the Regional Sales Operations Manager today who does not believe any GT500s have yet shipped, even though the VVR and Customer Order Tracking indicates otherwise. He will confirm and get back to me with an update.

Just goes to show, all vehicle tracking is suspect once produced. True delivery confirmation is when it is parked in your garage. :computerrage:
Did the VVR show a railcar number?

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
I am at work today. Will get a hard copy tomorrow.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Will get a hard copy tomorrow.
Ron: Selfishly, I would love to see a copy of yours. I just had mine run today and the only thing it shows that the data dump site doesn't is the delivery "window." No mention of Mod Shop or Body Company and I'll be very curious to learn if yours shows those two steps.

And BTW, congrats, looks like you may be the first amongst us nutjobs. :-)

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
Looking forward to a review from "one of us". Real world, real people, real unvarnished feedback. The Vegas feedback sets a high bar - can't wait for mine.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
OH3: I am champing at the bit for delivery and I believe I'm more stressed than I was at the age of ten, the night before Christmas. <chuckling>

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
I am wondering if we will be lucky enough to see one in the wild at the Coffee and Cars on December 7 in Houston. Ford has not be friendly in having any GT500s near Houston thus far. I've been waiting to see one and have realized it will have to be one in the wild in private hands.

The C&C here does get some pretty awesome cars.

Hell at the last one there was a brand new Destroyer Grey Charger Hellcat. :)

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
This wait is honestly harder than the wait for my order to be processed, or in production! My car is just sitting there, it’s been “received” by shipping! Just waiting for this “ok to Buy” thing to go through. Not sure they’re going to make the 5 days they estimate for delivery!

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
@RapidResponder , we’re you able to confirm where your car is at?? I really hope it’s on it’s way to you.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That's me. 527
If your not trading something in, nor towing it home with your dually, and you could use a ride there, let me know and I'll drive you to the dealer. I work in Lancaster and Lebanon counties all the time. Out there a lot!

edmd007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 20 GT500 Iconic CFTP
Anyone venture a guess at how many model years the 500 will be produced?

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
@RapidResponder , we’re you able to confirm where your car is at?? I really hope it’s on it’s way to you.
I just returned from the dealership. Sure enough, the GSM was out at an event and the sales staff did not have access to the VVR. I also asked about a Certificate of Origin and was also directed to the GSM. Luckily I have a great business relationship with both the dealership and the GSM and have high confidence that I can receive them when he returns.

Met with the Regional Sales Operations Manager yesterday and he offered to call FR directly and determine the status of my car. He e-mailed last night and stated that he asked for my car to be "prioritized", which indicates it is still on the lot. I am not sure that "prioritized" actually means anything as once released and loaded, a train full of cars can only go so fast. As this is a non-allocation vehicle, I do not believe any Mass Production GT500s have been released, including Executive/VIP cars.

To next week we go... :frown:
Sponsored