Sponsored

Who Will Be One Of The First To Receive A Mass Produced GT500 Through A Dealership!

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Sorry about that, Jeff, I obviously missed your entry but I have since corrected the original post. Good catch! :-)

Edit: How did you find out what form of transportation is to be used?
It’s on window sticker if it says convey is goes over road if said rail it’s shipped via train
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It’s on window sticker if it says convey is goes over road if said rail it’s shipped via train
Unfortunately when "Convoy" is indicated on the Window Sticker that does not always guarantee that our cars will move Over The Road only when in many cases our cars will start out moving via Rail and of course the final leg delivery will be OTR even though the WS indicates Convoy.

A good example is the attached Window Sticker indicating that this vehicle moved via Convoy (supposedly only OTR) when in fact it moved via Rail from the FRAP to the Columbia, S.C. rail yard and then OTR to the Ford dealership in Hilton Head.

:wink:
DSCF2433.JPG

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Harry: Since you knew the route/type that was used from A to B to C, I will assume this sticker represents one of your vehicles. Then I thought, maybe he can decipher those codes at the bottom to glean this information. :-)

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Harry: Since you knew the route/type that was used from A to B to C, I will assume this sticker represents one of your vehicles. Then I thought, maybe he can decipher those codes at the bottom to glean this information. :-)
The attached WS does represent one of my vehicles but that aside I have ordered other Mustangs over the last ~10 years that have shown "Convoy" with many of those vehicles also initiating transportation from FR via Rail.

BTW, if you are interested in purchasing this cool Shelby I think that we could work out a pretty good deal as I need to get rid of another car or two!!!:wink:

This 2015 is still on the MSO and never been titled and only 42 miles on the odometer.:rockon:

:)

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You are quite something, Harry! <I have a big smile on my face as I imagine those words coming from your mouth.> <big grin, too!>

Obviously, you have WAY more experience in this game than I which I find MOST impressive.

And as much as I would LOVE to buy one of your lovely vehicles, my garage is limited to three and of course, the OH has to have her own and I prefer to daily drive a pickup.

So, I'm afraid to say, I'm not in the potential buyer's market and I know I will regret selling my '14 just so my truck can have a spot in the Gair-rage as my British friends say. :-)

But that's the plan as of now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You are quite something, Harry! <I have a big smile on my face as I imagine those words coming from your mouth.> <big grin, too!>

Obviously, you have WAY more experience in this game than I which I find MOST impressive.

And as much as I would LOVE to buy one of your lovely vehicles, my garage is limited to three and of course, the OH has to have her own and I prefer to daily drive a pickup.

So, I'm afraid to say, I'm not in the potential buyer's market and I know I will regret selling my '14 just so my truck can have a spot in the Gair-rage as my British friends say. :-)

But that's the plan as of now.
No worries KB as I have no time line to sell this 1 of 1 2015 GT350 that is still in the wrapper but want to make sure that it goes to a good home.:like::like:

If you change your mind down the road please reach back out to me and in the mean time I will continue to slowly try to find a good home for it.

:sunglasses:

shelbykr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2009 Shelby GT500KR 2008 Shelby GT-C
The attached WS does represent one of my vehicles but that aside I have ordered other Mustangs over the last ~10 years that have shown "Convoy" with many of those vehicles also initiating transportation from FR via Rail.

BTW, if you are interested in purchasing this cool Shelby I think that we could work out a pretty good deal as I need to get rid of another car or two!!!:wink:

This 2015 is still on the MSO and never been titled and only 42 miles on the odometer.:rockon:

:)
Hello PP0001

I do not live in the USA.
Can you explain how a person can buy a vehicle on an MSO?. Is an MSO of use to export the vehicle as I have normally had to show a 'Title" to my shipping company, whom then show to the USA customs for clearance to export. This shows the sales tax has been paid.
I believe I can not export a brand new vehicle as the USA govt want there sales tax.
So buying used has no problems.
Buying new and paying sales tax and title is an additional cost for me.

Great to hear your thoughts.

OP
OP
RapidResponder

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
My estimated date of delivery has not reset as of yet, although I fear what may come tomorrow. That said, the excitement continues... :fingerscrossed:

Capture 8 Days.JPG

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hello PP0001

I do not live in the USA.
Can you explain how a person can buy a vehicle on an MSO?. Is an MSO of use to export the vehicle as I have normally had to show a 'Title" to my shipping company, whom then show to the USA customs for clearance to export. This shows the sales tax has been paid.
I believe I can not export a brand new vehicle as the USA govt want there sales tax.
So buying used has no problems.
Buying new and paying sales tax and title is an additional cost for me.

Great to hear your thoughts.
Even though many of us enthusiasts refer to the terminology of "MSO" the proper name for the Ford document is actually the "Certificate Of Origin For A Vehicle" that originates with Ford Finance/Credit in Dearborn, Michigan and on not very many occasions will you ever see a brand new vehicle being sold out of a Ford dealership based on the above scenario.

When I originally purchased this vehicle I was not sure if I wanted this car titled in my name, a family members name or titled in a good friends name down the road therefore I made the request and with some further discussions it all took place.

I can assure you that when I purchased this vehicle the local State taxes in the S.E. region of the U.S. were paid and after discussions with the local DMV here in Arizona this vehicle can be sold to another individual/party based on the original and notarized bill of sale along with back of the MSO being properly documented.

The key elements of this document reside on the reverse side of the MSO, along with a notarized bill of sale signed by the President of the dealership and a State affidavit & notification of sale of motor vehicle.

From my standpoint this may or may not be considered a used vehicle in your country even the taxes were paid and since it has not been titled in any State in the U.S. and I cannot comment as to whether you could legally import a vehicle such as this into NZ and then title in your name?

:sunglasses:

Attachments

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yea, I got one of those too. All I had to do was ask. It wasn't a big deal. I still have a copy of it for my records.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yea, I got one of those too. All I had to do was ask. It wasn't a big deal. I still have a copy of it for my records.
Understood but there is a big difference between having the original document from Ford in Dearborn in your possession versus a copy from a Ford dealership.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Understood but there is a big difference between having the original document from Ford in Dearborn in your possession versus a copy from a Ford dealership.
I had the original document... JR357