Snoopy49

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
So after a call to FP, Noah saying we’re waiting on shipping for “ The Ability to Purchase Process” to open ? and they need more completed units to ship in groups? Noah’s info was next week or 2 ?
The only problem with this theory is something everyone is forgetting. Ford produces a lot of Mustangs everyday, I read that they are capable of producing 1 Mustang a minute, if this is the case, they have plenty of cars waiting for shipment. I don't think they have dedicated railcars or trucks just for GT500's.
Remember, the GT500 is the only model that is being delayed for shipment.

Total number of Produced Dealer and Customer ordered cars is 166+. None of these have been shipped. Does that sound like there are not enough cars to ship?
Something else is delaying the shipping. I hope Noah is correct on estimated ship date.
Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
The only problem with this theory is something everyone is forgetting. Ford produces a lot of Mustangs everyday, I read that they are capable of producing 1 Mustang a minute, if this is the case, they have plenty of cars waiting for shipment. I don't think they have dedicated railcars or trucks just for GT500's.
Remember, the GT500 is the only model that is being delayed for shipment.

Total number of Produced Dealer and Customer ordered cars is 166+. None of these have been shipped. Does that sound like there are not enough cars to ship?
Something else is delaying the shipping. I hope Noah is correct on estimated ship date.
I believe they just have not got the final paperwork through to release for sale remember it’s a huge company and getting paperwork done is almost always the hold up. If I had 1000 dollars for every day that paperwork slowed down processes in my line of work I would probably be worth over 100 million...lol

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Maybe the epa/cat issue is real...
The delay would be months while Ford engineers and certifies a fix with the EPA/CARB.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Can’t be an EPA thing. Ford would not have been that careless, corporations don’t mess with that anymore. Diesel gate fixed has spoken.

It could be a catalytic issue, as long as the current cats passed the EPA cert process ford is covered, even if they last 2 weeks. It’s ford’s legal duty to keep replacing them for the customer to be legal in the road.

I’m thinking it’s something to do with software being developed for said issue, or another unrelated reliability issue. Trans software or something. Who really knows.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The delay would be months while Ford engineers and certifies a fix with the EPA/CARB.
Can’t be an EPA thing. Ford would not have been that careless, corporations don’t mess with that anymore. Diesel gate fixed has spoken.

It could be a catalytic issue, as long as the current cats passed the EPA cert process ford is covered, even if they last 2 weeks. It’s ford’s legal duty to keep replacing them for the customer to be legal in the road.

I’m thinking it’s something to do with software being developed for said issue, or another unrelated reliability issue. Trans software or something. Who really knows.
I recall digging into this many months ago, and called the head guy. He assumed Ford would have had the certificate in hand way prior, but its not always the case.

I really dont think its an engine or trans issue.. the cat thing would make the most sense..

Oh well. Let them all sit until mines built and everyone gets them at the same time, so i dont feel so bad anymore :)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Regarding the EPA and the "suggested" issue...

http://www.versuslaw.com/cfr/40cfr/[email protected]

Of note, the following snippet from within the above link...

No report shall be filed under this paragraph for any emission-related defect corrected prior to the sale of the affected vehicles or engines to an ultimate purchaser.
And CARB, regarding durability demonstration procedures...

If it is determined pursuant to title 13 CCR, Division 3, Chapter 2, Article 5, sections 2166 through 2174 that any emission control component or device experiences a systemic failure because valid failures for that component or device meet or exceed four percent or 50 vehicles (whichever is greater) in a California-certified engine family or test group, it constitutes a violation of the foregoing test procedures and the Executive Officer of the Air Resources Board may require that the vehicles or engines be recalled or subjected to corrective action as set forth in title 13 CCR, Division 3, Chapter 2, Article 5, sections 2166 through 2174. Certification applications may not be denied based on the foregoing information provided that the manufacturer commits to correct the violation.

Last edited:

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Don't know how accurate it is but as of an hour or so ago the tracking website says my car will be delivered in just a little over a couple weeks!

Last edited:

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Don't know how accurate it is but as of an hour or so ago the tracking website says my car will be delivered in just a little over a couple weeks!
mine says 12/1. I hope it is accurate.

Sponsored

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
My tracking says estimated delivery 26 days. It doesn’t show completed yet that just happened Friday.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
According to the “dump site” mine shows produced, Ford tracking shows as still in production. Neither show a delivery date yet.
im guessing there’s some kid locked in a back room re-writing some code to fix a software issue. It won’t be long and these cars will be loaded up and heading out!!
Could be as simple as a problem shared with the Explorer, where the thing at times just wont go into park.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Ok update as of a refresh on site!! I’m only taking this as “it is what it is”
243E3022-8731-4B14-AF00-CDD503917390.jpeg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
HOT DAMN, JW....NINE DAYS! If that holds true, me thinks you'll be the first.

BTW, the dump site does show the "end date" for delivery which I presume is a window. Mine shows 11/27 but the dealer said delivery would be anywhere from 11/21 to 11/27. I don't know where they got the 11/21.

The data dump gives this near the top as the "etaEndDate:" which in your case should be around 11/19.
Sponsored