Sponsored

Just got a call back regarding a GT500 inquiry months ago.... ADM dropped from 15k to 5k.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Also talk to a good service writer. Not just the service tech. The service writer is the one that has to communicate your issues to the tech. But in the end, its still a Ford dealership......so yes...they will service your 100K car....in the same bays they service a beater Festiva or Focus. No way to get around that and I'll agree, its a bit verve wracking.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
If Ford limits allocations to dealers then the dealers will almost always charge ADM because they have no incentive to move the metal quickly. If Ford said, “ as soon as you sell one, we will send you another” the dealers would have incentive to sell as many as they could and would not charge ADM.

I believe that Ford does this on their “limited” vehicles in order to allow the dealers to make a bit of profit to cover all the volume sales that occur under MSRP.

The GT500 sounds like a really amazing car, so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully ADMs will be easier to work around than they were with the GT350, since the price of the car alone already puts it into Porsche and Vette territory.

-T
Wouldn't the dealership still be paying interest? That seems like some incentive.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Regarding servicing at Ford, remember your 100k poor mans supercar might be on the lift after a Ford GT.

Think of how the Ford GT owners feel lol.

But honestly, I like the way Nissan handled the GTR (I’m not sure if it’s the same now)

1) only the Sales manager or owner could sell you the car. Deal only with the dealerships main brass

2) dedicated service writer. Only person that would take your service concerns who was specifically trained on the cars workings

3) only a specific GTR tech was allowed to work on the car, even minor oil changes. No apprentices touching your car.

4) dedicated service loaner of your choice. I’d always get a manual 370Z to boot around

5) they didn’t want a GTR customer to feel like they bought a Sentra.

At ford dealerships the entire workforce is trained in SVT, and now FP line of products. So yes, an apprentice could be working on your CFTP car.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
D: Based on my abysmal experience with Ford maintenance over the years, they would dramatically improve the quality of service on their Halo cars by taking an example from Nissan. That is impressive.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
D: Based on my abysmal experience with Ford maintenance over the years, they would dramatically improve the quality of service on their Halo cars by taking an example from Nissan. That is impressive.
I’d be curious to know if Ford does anything special for their GT owners. I would assume they have specifically trained techs for that car above and beyond ford performance trained techs.

I know when I moved to another city I wanted an oil change on my GT350. The dealer here isn’t FP trained for that car, but does sell focus RS and ST products. They said oh yeah we do Shelby’s all the time.

Good thing I walked the shop with the service writer, we inspected the lifts and ramps for the oil changes, none were suitable for my car, couldn’t clear.

so I just said screw it, bought the XT Race Ramps and do all work myself now. I’d never trust them to properly torque my oil filter anyway.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I have been around long enough to know it pretty much doesn’t matter what brand car I have, there is ALWAYS someone there I wouldn’t approve of working on or driving my car. Do your homework, find the most acceptable dealership you feel comfortable enough with and only send it there for non PM activities. Do those yourself. Log your mileage and even install a dash cam with battery backup if your that worried.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
I wonder if Santa Dodge releasing Hellcats and Demons doing snow burnouts from his bag toting big rebates on TV EVERY FREAKING NIGHT has something to do with softening ADM's on GT500?

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Regarding servicing at Ford, remember your 100k poor mans supercar might be on the lift after a Ford GT.

Think of how the Ford GT owners feel lol.

But honestly, I like the way Nissan handled the GTR (I’m not sure if it’s the same now)

1) only the Sales manager or owner could sell you the car. Deal only with the dealerships main brass

2) dedicated service writer. Only person that would take your service concerns who was specifically trained on the cars workings

3) only a specific GTR tech was allowed to work on the car, even minor oil changes. No apprentices touching your car.

4) dedicated service loaner of your choice. I’d always get a manual 370Z to boot around

5) they didn’t want a GTR customer to feel like they bought a Sentra.

At ford dealerships the entire workforce is trained in SVT, and now FP line of products. So yes, an apprentice could be working on your CFTP car.
That is why I have always taken mine to a performance center that specializes is performance cars, mods and maintenance one of my requirements is they have to have a dyno and I prefer them to have an engine dyno as well. I ha e always had a special tune on my mustangs so once a year I get it tuned with the chassis dyno. I’m still not sure I will do any of that to this baby might just let the engineering Ford did do it. I have followed the GT500 from first inception and believe they have tested and engineered this one better then any befor ( that’s just my opinion so take that for what it’s worth which probably is not much). But I still plan on having my same performance shop do all the maintenance on her

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
..on TV EVERY FREAKING NIGHT
WM: I have to assume that there is a DVR somewhere in your home, yes? I couldn't live without ours (4) and we never, ever watch live TV. When the music going to commercial starts, FF until you see the program again, hit Play. That's TV life around Casa KB. :-)

As for the Dodge Marketing...sadly, they've always been WAY better at it than Ford. Whoever is running that ad shop is one smart cookie.

Anyway, I do remember feeling your pain over commercials, especially DODGE commercials, <grin> but I highly recommend the procedure above. <smile>
Sponsored