Sponsored

What options that you got on your Mustang were worth the money and which were not?

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I got a 2016 GT PP Manual with 401A package.

It was exactly the car i wanted with the options i wanted. I researched the s550 for 8 months before buying it brand new.

These cars come very well equipped even in base trim, but still Certain things were non negotiable. It had to be manual, V8, leather interior, sync 3.

I wanted the brakes and torsen diff so for me those 2 parts alone made the PP non negotiable, and from experience i knew these parts alone were super expensive, so when I factored the cost,time and labor to add them after the PP was a no brainer... plus i liked the PP wheels the most. The one thing i wish ford did was include the transmission and diff coolers from the gt350 on the PP cars. I would have GLADLY spent an extra 1000. To get those included in the PP... I really dont get why ford left those off.

I wanted leather seats, and sync 3 so 401a had to happen. The only thing my car lacks that i wanted was the built in navigation. I thought the factory subwoofer wasnt much of an improvement over the shaker my car had and neglecting that option knocked a 1000 off the price lol

But yeah i use every option daily so I'm very happy with my purchase decisions it was well worth the money.

Right now 3 years later I'm only doing cosmetic mods and restoration and I'm debating headers. I love the way my car is right now and how versatile and reliable it is that I'm,hessitant about doing anything that requires a tune...
Sponsored

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Didn't want it, but ended up getting all the RTR aero accessories for "free". Including lit doorsills and front grille.
Came from an 18 Corvette and I do miss the HUD. Would've been nice.

CORNYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Active exhaust.....I'm very disappointed by it. It works exactly as designed and does that very well. It is just way too quiet for me. I added a Roush x-pipe to give it some volume. I put it into track mode every time I start the car. My 17 had a Roush x-pipe & AWE touring axle backs, I thought the 17 sounded amazing. I've looked for aftermarket options and they are a stupid amount of money.
Long tubes and an X-pipe make the active exhaust perfect. If you're still disappointed, I HIGHLY suggest some long tubes.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Interesting thread.

In my case, the list goes like this:

Love:

- A10 Transmission
- California Special Package
- Butt Coolers (though they don't work as well as they should)
- 3.55 Gears
- Big Screen (absolute, positive must)

Avoided:

- LCD Cluster (not a fan)
- Performance Packs (not a track car)
- MT-82 (because its $%^& and ruined my Boss 302 experience)

Regret Not Getting:

- Active Exhaust (apartment living....my neighbors love me)
- Orange Fury or Need For Green (I like loud colors)

All in all, happy with the car. Not so much with the payment, but it is what it is.

Sponsored

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
IM curious as to why some don't like the or don't want the digital dash? For me it was a must have as my last few cars had digital dashes and the idea of going back to analog needles just seemed to make the car appear older then it was. Is it just a old school thing always had analog want to keep analog? The other options i understand the different needs or wants for each and the not wanting. But haven't heard any reasons against the digital. Just curious.
I feel like it's a bit gimmicky. My wife has a Volvo XC90 with a fairly well done digital dash/gauge cluster, and when I get back in my car, I don't feel like I'm stepping back in time. Two big round analog (digitally controlled, I'm sure) gauges in my car suit me fine. I don't see a major benefit in having to look at a screen for a digital image of a gauge instead of actual gauges. It's like looking at a representation or the real thing. The actual gauges are the real thing. The screen is a simulation of the real thing.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Yes, this is an interesting thread. I'm looking at 3 right now. They go from Base GT PP2 with active exhaust, to Base GT PP2 with active exhaust, navigation, safe and smart, enhanced security, and over the top stripe, to a Premium GT PP2 with active exhaust, and B&O sound. Probably should get the base GT and spend the left over money on my own options. Damned options

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
Love:
Active exhaust, 10 speed, 5.0, VB color, nickel wheels, magma (magna) ride, dig cluster.

Like:
Heated steering wheel and seats, leather seats, B&O in surround mode.

Meh:
Cooled seats, security package.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
Everything my car came with I would get again, I would add nav and the rear park sensors if I had to do it again. My car is such a rare combination, when I found it, i bought it. I had to take what I could get. I wanted a 6 speed GT with the PP1 in grabber blue and a convertible and got extremely lucky to find one.

2017 GT convertible premium 6 speed mt (all GT verts are premiums)
401A
PP1
grabber blue (the only thing I would lose if I had to replace it)

and that is all my car came with.

BTW in 17 the PP1 was only $2995 for the whole package and the cheapest set of aftermarket six piston 15" front brakes were around 4K for the wilwood kit
I have a 17 GT Conv PP1 but W/ an Auto.

Sponsored

LarryBinSJC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 Need for Green
Vehicle Showcase
IM curious as to why some don't like the or don't want the digital dash? For me it was a must have as my last few cars had digital dashes and the idea of going back to analog needles just seemed to make the car appear older then it was. Is it just a old school thing always had analog want to keep analog? The other options i understand the different needs or wants for each and the not wanting. But haven't heard any reasons against the digital. Just curious.
Combination of things for me. First aesthetics. That flat panel feels out of place. I'm old so yes that most likely plays into your "old school" idea. I also didn't think the display itself (not the physical panel but what it's showing) looked that good. To me there's an artificial quality to it. The "old school" thing again. It can also get pretty busy when you start adding guages to it. Second, having the analog gauges strikes a nice balance against the other tech in the car. I'm not technophobe though. In fact I've spent my entire career in tech, telecommunications, and IT. But too much tech in a car like this feels a little gimmicky. I'm not saying it is, I fully recognize that there is real functionality in the digital display. It just feels like a step too far for me for what the Mustang is/represents. That said, if I had bought the car with the intention of tracking it, I would have gotten digital dash. The sport and track displays look to be very functional for the track, especially the way the tach is shown.

Short version: I like the old school nature of the analog guages. :)

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
6spd, PP1 with Premium package are worth it to me. Though I could've lived with the cloth seats.

don't care for memory seats, blind spot monitoring, or the subwoofer

jpogi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Black Accent pkg
All I wanted is a m/t base GT magnetic gray, cheapest price possible.

The only car with that color in base trim m/t in a 100 mile area is an outgoing 2019 model, with $3000 factory rebate. But with $1000 Black Accent Package.

Of course I took it!

$1000 maybe a little expensive for just black trimings and black painted roof, but slightly bigger unique wheels (black 7-spoke, almost the same design as the the incomming 2020 Shelby GT500 carbon fiber wheels) makes it a little worth the price bump, plus it goes well with the dark gray color.

And there's almost no change for the base trim GT, in the incomming 2020 model.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
All I wanted is a m/t base GT magnetic gray, cheapest price possible.

The only car with that color in base trim m/t in a 100 mile area is an outgoing 2019 model, with $3000 factory rebate. But with $1000 Black Accent Package.

Of course I took it!

$1000 maybe a little expensive for just black trimings and black painted roof, but slightly bigger unique wheels (black 7-spoke, almost the same design as the the incomming 2020 Shelby GT500 carbon fiber wheels) makes it a little worth the price bump, plus it goes well with the dark gray color.

And there's almost no change for the base trim GT, in the incomming 2020 model.
post pics please