Sponsored

Cobra driver charged with stunt driving in Hamilton ON.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what the "stunt driving" part means? Speeding is obvious, but certainly all speeding is not a stunt. What stunts was he performing?
Canadian version of "reckless driving" perhaps? Just a guess...
Sponsored

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Canadian version of "reckless driving" perhaps? Just a guess...
Oh you guys are going to love this.
Stunt driving is defined in the "Highway Traffic Act" by any of the following:
  • Burn outs, drifting, or donuts.
  • Popping wheelies or doing stoppies on a motorcycle (or car if possible).
  • Occupying a passing line for longer than is reasonably required to overtake.
  • Driving with a person in the trunk of motor vehicle, or driving while not in the driver’s seat.
  • Exceeding 50km/h of the speed limit (the most commonly known, and the most commonly charged offence).
  • Driving without due care and consideration of others on the road, or in a way that might endanger someone by: intentionally preventing another person from passing, stopping, cutting someone off, or slowing down.
  • Driving as close as possible to another vehicle, person, or cyclist.
  • Jumping ahead and turning left before traffic commences through an intersection.
So this guy was nabbed with the most common charge of stunt driving doing 50km over the limit. You can be driving in a straight line and it's "stunt" driving. Even though he wasn't doing barrel rolls, somersaults, catching air, or jumping through hoops of fire like you would expect "stunt" driving to be defined as.

The thing is, 80% of the drivers on the road, if caught, could be charged with stunt driving in Ontario Canada as most people do at least one of these things on the regular.

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Why did Ford stop using the name Cobra though? I remember that was the GOAT car when I was a kid. Why not just call the GT350 the Cobra?

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I did have a waitress guess my car was a Challenger a couple months ago lol.
Someone guessed that my car was a Trans Am a couple weeks ago. My 2019 Mustang is a Trans Am. Maybe.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
88 in a 35 is stupid. They should take his license. I would rather someone be doing 140 in a 65
That's 75 over and in Canada called "Felony Le Mans driving".

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
Anyone notice he was busted driving on Nicolas Tesla Blvd?
Tesla was a scientist who discovered alternating current, so there are probably many roads named after him. He was a brilliant scientist while he was young, but then he became bonkers in his old age and claimed to be working on a death ray, and to be able to communicate with aliens.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Speeding is no joke here. Just need to know the time and place where to do it and this is not it. Endless backroads in Ontario.

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Why did Ford stop using the name Cobra though? I remember that was the GOAT car when I was a kid. Why not just call the GT350 the Cobra?
Shelby had his name on it first with the cobra emblem. He and Ford had a falling out and when the need for a sportier GT came, Ford kept the snake emblem and called them Cobras. Basically they're like Go Bots, still cool and enjoyable but no Optimus Prime. Would have been a bad move to keep the cobra name imo and glad they didn't.

When a drivers/builders name gets attached to a car, us enthusiasts go crazy for it like the Mini Cooper JCW (John Cooper Works). If it goes away, it sucks but then if it comes back, we NEED it!!!!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Speeding is no joke here. Just need to know the time and place where to do it and this is not it. Endless backroads in Ontario.
Yes, and in the farm house down the lane, is a little old lady or man with nothing better to do after the cows are fed than to use their binoculars to look for those getting on the throttle. They call the OPP and the next morning they are out patrolling with their rolling radar traps. Don't ask me how I know this. :bandit:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes, and in the farm house down the lane, is a little old lady or man with nothing better to do after the cows are fed than to use their binoculars to look for those getting on the throttle. They call the OPP and the next morning they are out patrolling with their rolling radar traps. Don't ask me how I know this. :bandit:
Can't be worse than Utah Highway patrol. Was on a 14 state (and Canada) road-trip in '85 on a VF1000. Many miles at triple digit MPHs. But in Utah, being nice, I was stopped by highway patrol. Officer said he received CB (remember those) reports of me going 5 MPH over the limit. Said since he didn't see it, he would have to let me go. It's a travesty when law enforcement isn't allowed to keep the highways safe. LoL. Anyway, he asks where I'm going and he tells me I missed the turn about 5 miles behind me and I need to go 5 more miles to where I can turn around. I knew he was wrong, so just went about my way and watched in my mirror as he whipped into the median and set up to catch anyone speeding going south. I wonder if I had been stupid enough to believe him, could I have claimed entrapment?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Same. I got one of those last year... best part about those areas the locals they are the ones who speed most!

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Stunt driving huh.

Those boys in Hazzard County may not agree with that designation.
Sponsored