GT 350 just got crushed by the C8

Status
Not open for further replies.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I think martinjlm was just joking but I doubt anyone can argue that the C8 won't be better than the GT350 when it comes to performance. Facts are facts. And although there is no performance data for the C8 just yet, smart money would say that the GT350 doesn't stand a chance. It takes nothing away from the GT350. But it is not going to be able to compete against the C8.

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
You mean McLarens........ LMFAO.

Those are NOT C8s
If these are in fact Mclarens being mistaken for C8s I would say that is quite the compliment for the vette.

Sponsored

OP
OP
16mach1

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
It takes nothing away from the GT350. But it is not going to be able to compete against the C8.
The 350 is a great car. At times I think some go a little overboard in it's praises. The C7 can out perform the 350 so I think it is safe to say so will the C8. Just because there are newer and better performing cars coming out it does not mean the 350 is not a good car. Back in 02 my C5 Z06 was the shit it rivaled just about anything else at the time. And today even though it has been surpassed by many it is still an awesome car. I'm pretty sure even at 17 years old it could hold it's own against a 350 today.

This thread has taught me two lessons.

1. We all have different reasons why we like and buy what we have and it really does not matter what those reasons are as long as they work for you.

2. Post can be hard to understand because they lack context a lot of times and that can lead to misjudging the meaning of the post. Offending some one when no offense was intended. I know this has happened to me

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Offending some one when no offense was intended.
Rubbish. You don't agree with me. QED you're offensive. :)
Isn't this how public discourse is supposed to work? Oh wait...

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
C5 and C6 vettes are dirt cheap Ive considered selling my 18 a few times and buying a C5 Z06 for under 20k. Payment would be 1/3rd. Take the rest and lease a brand new F150 for winter. Haha. I coach hockey and I daily my Mustang year round.

A brand new F150 and a C5Z would put me at tue same monthly dent to the wallet. Not including insursnce. Problem is until I get a lift in my garage I cant put 2 vehicles in mine plus my wifes in a 2 car. Thats exactly why my new garage has 14' ceilings and scissor trusses. Sooner or later Ill have room for 2 on my side.

Ill be damned if any of my vehicles sit outside in North Dakota winters!

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Well you do what works best for you. But when you compare the Vette to the GT350, is that the R you're talking about? And what specifically on the Vette makes it junk compared to the Shelby? And if it is junk to you then why not buy 5 GT350s instead of junk Corvettes? Even if it is junk and even if you get a used one with low miles you still arepaying over $70,000 for the vehicle. And judging by the amount of cars you claim to have bought in such a short period of time you still are losing money on them. If the Shelby is that superior then I'm not sure what reason you have for wanting a Z06. Nobody pays $70,000 for a car that they consider junk compared to a different car that is cheaper that they could buy unless there is something that they favor. Perhaps the performance? I'm just finding it a bit difficult to take your story seriously.

https://www.bomninchevrolet.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Corvette&sort=savings|desc&transmission=Manual&trim=Coupe Z06 1LZ
It's gonna drop out. It already has on new ones. Click the link. When I find a used one under $60 and a thousand miles or so, I am all in. And that's not really a short period of time. About a car a year or so.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Show me proof its not blind brand fanboy...........
You need to sell your stang and buy a Prius.. then go complain on Facebook.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be damned if any of my vehicles sit outside in North Dakota winters!
why not? Chipping ice and snow off your car is just like unwrapping a new and exciting present. Just imagine the anticipation and joy of discovery every morning at o-dark thirty at 20 below!

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
why not? Chipping ice and snow off your car is just like unwrapping a new and exciting present. Just imagine the anticipation and joy of discovery every morning at o-dark thirty at 20 below!
Hell no. Id leave my wifes junk malibu outside but my Ford deserves better LOL! Garage is heated too. You wouldnt leave your baby outside would you? LOL.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.