Sponsored

Is a 2019GT350R worth the extra vs the 2019GT350

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
LOL - on any given track day any car can be slower or faster. However, if a car manufacture can’t keep improving their cars then they are in for a real problem, so safe bet is it is at least newer
Wow, what a great point that you made and sure happy that you brought that to all of our attention!!:crackup:

Having said that why do you think Ford keeps on using the same driver at the same track and track conditions that are similar in order to benchmark what progress they are making on any given model whether it be automobile, SUV or truck?

Do you really think that Ford built their various proving grounds including the Arizona Proving Grounds back in 1985 for no reason? Obviously it was because they wanted consistency along with having the same test track drivers on their payroll in order to gauge their progress for each individual model.

Obviously Billy struck a nerve with some of you that own 2019 cars which certainly was not his intent and he made it very clear that the 2019 R was faster on the track than the previous 2015 to 2018 R models but that the 2020 R model was the outright fastest, best handling, best feeling, best balanced, and the best steering of any GT350 which includes the 2019 R.

As an owner of a 2018 Base R model I am very happy to hear that the 2020 R model is the fastest and best R model to date especially when that information is coming from such a reputable source as Billy Johnson!

:like::like:
Sponsored

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Should just rename this thread- "The GT350 buyer's remorse thread". Gonna sell my slow, lame-ass 2017 as they continue their crash and burn.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You
Wow, what a great point that you made and sure happy that you brought that to all of our attention!!:crackup:

Having said that why do you think Ford keeps on using the same driver at the same track and track conditions that are similar in order to benchmark what progress they are making on any given model whether it be automobile, SUV or truck?

Do you really think that Ford built their various proving grounds including the Arizona Proving Grounds back in 1985 for no reason? Obviously it was because they wanted consistency along with having the same test track drivers on their payroll in order to gauge their progress for each individual model.

Obviously Billy struck a nerve with some of you that own 2019 cars which certainly was not his intent and he made it very clear that the 2019 R was faster on the track than the previous 2015 to 2018 R models but that the 2020 R model was the outright fastest, best handling, best feeling, best balanced, and the best steering of any GT350 which includes the 2019 R.

As an owner of a 2018 Base R model I am very happy to hear that the 2020 R model is the fastest and best R model to date especially when that information is coming from such a reputable source as Billy Johnson!

:like::like:
LOL drivers have bad days, weather effects cars just like it does a good shooter. Yes I stated the obvious (previously and now) but when a car has “improvements” and it is a newer model you can most likely say - it’s better. But until you have the test results you are just guessing. That was what I was commenting on. FYI no buyers remorse here, I got mine for 1,790 under invoice. One final comment from a earlier post of mine. Since I’m no longer tracking my cars the 2019 GT350 is a better car (for me) because I now have heated and cooled seats.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
You
LOL drivers have bad days, weather effects cars just like it does a good shooter. Yes I stated the obvious (previously and now) but when a car has “improvements” and it is a newer model you can most likely say - it’s better. But until you have the test results you are just guessing. That was what I was commenting on. FYI no buyers remorse here, I got mine for 1,790 under invoice. One final comment from a earlier post of mine. Since I’m no longer tracking my cars the 2019 GT350 is a better car (for me) because I now have heated and cooled seats.
I'm not guessing at anything with respect to the performance of the 2020 R model and merely trusting a well respected world class driver that is on Ford's payroll who has thousands of miles of seat time under his belt in both the base 4 seat GT350's and GT500's and also the 2 seat GT350R and CFTP cars.

For Billy to come out and state without any hesitation that the 2020 R model is the fastest and best GT350 to date that is good enough for me based on his extensive world class driving experience.

Having said that there is no doubt that the 2019 GT350's are a better car than my 2015 Track Pack car and as you mentioned so it should be with the evolution and continual improvements that continue to take place with the Ford engineers over the 4 previous years.

With respect to your 2019 GT350 what mods and boost do you plan to add to your already fast car?

:sunglasses:

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I'm not guessing at anything with respect to the performance of the 2020 R model and merely trusting a well respected world class driver that is on Ford's payroll who has thousands of miles of seat time under his belt in both the base 4 seat GT350's and GT500's and also the 2 seat GT350R and CFTP cars.

For Billy to come out and state without any hesitation that the 2020 R model is the fastest and best GT350 to date that is good enough for me based on his extensive world class driving experience.

Having said that there is no doubt that the 2019 GT350's are a better car than my 2015 Track Pack car and as you mentioned so it should be with the evolution and continual improvements that continue to take place with the Ford engineers over the 4 previous years.

With respect to your 2019 GT350 what mods and boost do you plan to add to your already fast car?

Like I said, I'll wait for Billy to chime in. A second faster on most tracks is huge. I would love to hear how much faster the 2020 is from the 19. I just dont see it being a big deal and there is where the driver makes a difference. Hell, even a second faster in the wrong hands makes no difference. So, yea, lets not sell off those 2015-2017 R models just yet. :)

Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Wow - didn’t know Bill had those credentials. But again, and hopefully for the last time,

I am currently looking at the ShelbyGT350 line up and I am aware of the differences between the R and the GT350...my question is the R really worth the price increase. I am looking at 2019 models and the dealers that I have spoken with are either asking well above MRSP or not will to deal at all. There is actually a dealer local to me that has 2 2018GT350 on the lot with a 2019GT350 asking MRSP on all 3....

I have read that the 2020 will be available the GT350R for 2020 will be priced higher than the GT500 and produced at a lower volume.

Any advice would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance
I’m responding to the OP and their inquiry. I find it laughable that anyone asking the question wouldn’t ascertain the obvious. But I guess this is still passing you by.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Based on some of your posts there is a lot that you don't seem to know and BTW his correct name is not "Bill".:crackup:

Lastly, if he didn't have the approval and authority from his employer namely Ford in order to confirm his findings and experience with the 2020 R model he would not be on here providing us with all of his extensive seat time and feedback for each of these vehicles.

Good luck with modifying and boosting your new 2019 GT350!

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Based on some of your posts there is a lot that you don't seem to know and BTW his correct name is not "Bill".:crackup:

Lastly, if he didn't have the approval and authority from his employer namely Ford in order to confirm his findings and experience with the 2020 R model he would not be on here providing us with all of his extensive seat time and feedback for each of these vehicles.

Good luck with modifying and boosting your new 2019 GT350!

So I’m 54 and I still play video games to keep in touch with my nephew (who is 12) and some old friends. One thing I noticed is that about the age of 25 kids seem to get a handle on logic based arguments. Don’t get me wrong there are some smart 12 year olds out there that would give the older kids a good run. However, it’s mainly the 25 year olds and above that demonstrate empathy and combined with logic allows them to understand (maybe not except) another’s point of view. If I were to take this small sample of my experience with these kids, I would estimate your age is well below 25. This is not meant to be an insult to you, you are just young at heart ❤.

Last edited:

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
The tram lining in the 16-19Rs with the PSC2 is pretty significant. It's more of a function on the quality of roads; high quality - zero tramlining, poor quality esp in urban areas - a lot of tramlining. The alignment plays a small role, but various alignment settings never materially changed the tramlining I've experienced, which makes sense as those front tires are gigantic! However given they are changing some suspension components on the 2020R in addition to the steering and damper maps, wouldn't surprise me that the tram lining is significantly reduced. On a smooth track, that really won't matter much.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The tram lining in the 16-19Rs with the PSC2 is pretty significant. It's more of a function on the quality of roads; high quality - zero tramlining, poor quality esp in urban areas - a lot of tramlining. The alignment plays a small role, but various alignment settings never materially changed the tramlining I've experienced, which makes sense as those front tires are gigantic! However given they are changing some suspension components on the 2020R in addition to the steering and damper maps, wouldn't surprise me that the tram lining is significantly reduced. On a smooth track, that really won't matter much.
My 3000 miles 2016 GT350R has almost zero tramlining compared to my previous car, 2016 GT350 track pack... both stock. can't say why... on the track pack, I added a Steeda front brace too, in order to reduce tramlining; no good, same difference

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Again, no tramline in my 19R

awildpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Obviously I can't speak to tramlining on your 2019 R but can tell you that I have had a 2016, 2017 and 2018 R model and based on my experience each of my R models varies significantly with respect to the tramlining issue.
I'm just very very curious, why did you have a 2016, 2017 and 2018 R? Do you buy one every year??

Last edited:

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
On a track it matters zero. On rutted roads it reminds me this is a precise track weapon, not a daily cruising s class.

awildpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Obviously I can't speak to tramlining on your 2019 R but can tell you that I have had a 2016, 2017 and 2018 R model and based on my experience each of my R models varies significantly with respect to the tramlining issue.
Yea sorry i meant to quote PP0001 lol. Not quite used to the forums yet.
Sponsored