Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
My bad,
The problem I see with that is the 7 litres of displacement in is a small block causes the cylinder walls to become way too thin like they were in the C6 Z06 engine. Everything becomes extremely fragile and brittle with the block. It's basically a small block at its limits of safety.
That C6 Z06 427 engine was a failure, an unreliable motor by chevrolet from the factory because was plagued with issues from the block to the cylinder heads. Anyways, I don't wanna get into that and cause another argument here, lol... but I agree that saves space but in a small block they probably learned that their 427 cid was not a successful move. They should've stay around 6.6 L , 400 cubic inches for more reliability in that expecific scenario but failed miserably.
BS - the LS7 was so "unsucessful" and a "failure" that Chevy used it from 2006-2013 in the C6 and also on the Z28. I had an LS7 that was run hard and never gave me a hint of problems, as have thousands of other ZO6 owners.

And your small block theory is crap too - I had a Vette with an LSX454 (uhh, small block in case you don't understand that and of greater displacement than an LS7 - 454 > 427 last I checked) that ran on E85 and put down 630-640 rwhp all motor without a hiccup - used a bit of oil but it was basically a hc race motor with a huge cam - no surprises there. More importantly that motor/block can handle 2000 hp. So, no, I don't buy your inherent weakness of big cube LS motors contention.
Sponsored

Tiago G.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
BS - the LS7 was so "unsucessful" and a "failure" that Chevy used it from 2006-2013 in the C6 and also on the Z28. I had an LS7 that was run hard and never gave me a hint of problems, as have thousands of other ZO6 owners.

And your small block theory is crap too - I had a Vette with an LSX454 (uhh, small block in case you don't understand that and of greater displacement than an LS7 - 454 > 427 last I checked) that ran on E85 and put down 630-640 rwhp all motor without a hiccup - used a bit of oil but it was basically a hc race motor with a huge cam - no surprises there. More importantly that motor/block can handle 2000 hp. So, no, I don't buy your inherent weakness of big cube LS motors contention.

Keep dreaming that the LS7 was or still is a reliable platform. You were one of the lucky ones that didn't have any issues (if that's true at all) because so many people were plagued with so many problems. It is one of the top 5 junkiest engines ever built by Chevrolet. A COMPLETE failure.
I could fill out dozens of pages here with people's videos ( youtube is your best friend) or complains in forums because of failures related to this engine and POOR design. There were so many guys in my area that blew that crap up that we named that thing "THE GLASS ENGINE" in my area.
A motor that you must have the cylinder heads removed and done properly because the factory couldn't do that in the first place, otherwise it's just a matter of when your engine will blow up as driving that stock is just the same as rolling the dice.

Most Recent video of the non ending Garbage LS7 bible of failures:

The issues WILL never stop until the very last engine is fixed up properly. That's just how it is, the reality of this matter, you can cry as much as you want and be emotional about the subject or close your eyes and pretend it's was a great product by chevy and extremely reliable but we all know it sucked so, so bad.

The LSX454 can only handle big power because of one simple thing that you fail to mention. It's an iron block!!!!!! So you are comparing apples to oranges, my friend. 454 It's just way too many Cubes for a stock aluminum LS7, lS3 block and that's another reason we don't see anything above that on a regular LS block. People tried to reinvent the wheel with the LS engines and strokers but it's way more simple and effective to go and get a 9.8"deck or even a 10.2, 10.4"" tall deck +632 cubic inch engine and just spend your money once. The big block chevrolet always ruled and always will for the chevy world, Ls is just cheaper to build to make big power, but it will COME with many limitations either you accept it or not. I love chevy and have a 555ci Big block Musi waiting to go in my 69 camaro and would never settle for anything less than that when the plan in the future is to boost the car or add nitrous too it.

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
BS - the LS7 was so "unsucessful" and a "failure" that Chevy used it from 2006-2013 in the C6 and also on the Z28.

I had an LS7 that was run hard and never gave me a hint of problems, as have thousands of other ZO6 owners.

I have an LS7 for years, zero issues.

Although I'm thinking about having the Valves done so I can sleep at night.

I think it's about $2,500.00

https://gwatneyperformance.com/ls7-valve-drop-issue-what-you-need-to-know/

I beat the hell out of my C6Z, zero issues.

I've also had LS engines, amazing. Zero issues except they drank more oil than I'd like.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Exactly why the 5.2 Voodoo engine is considered gigantic by FPC standards.

800hp NA impresses me FAR more than some 5.2 Supercharged DOHC Predator GT500 engine that makes 760hp LOL just sayin ...
The reason the 500 or the current ZR1 etc. make "only" 755 or 760" HP is due to emissions.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
The reason the 500 or the current ZR1 etc. make "only" 755 or 760" HP is due to emissions.

huh? then how does a redeye make 797? How does your comment about emissions make amd difference? Or is it only Ford amd GM that cant get over 760/755 for emissions LOL.

I doubt emissions has anything to do with the jo number. If they wanted to make more hp they could.

Also I 1st commented on the 800hp NA engine simply because its possible. And I dont give a damn if it passes emissions or not. Its an aftermarket built engine. I dont expect the OEMs to make an 800hp NA engine.

The post about the 800hp NA engine was simply to point out what has and can be done.

Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
huh? then how does a redeye make 797? How does your comment about emissions make amd difference? Or is it only Ford amd GM that cant get over 760/755 for emissions LOL.

I doubt emissions has anything to do with the jo number. If they wanted to make more hp they could.

Also I 1st commented on the 800hp NA engine simply because its possible. And I dont give a damn if it passes emissions or not. Its an aftermarket built engine. I dont expect the OEMs to make an 800hp NA engine.

The post about the 800hp NA engine was simply to point out what has and can be done.

Efficiency due to size and design. It's not that hard to figure out. There is of course the matter of reliability, wiggle room for modding, etc. Besides, Shelby sold a Mustang with 1000 hp already, so there's that.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Efficiency due to size and design. It's not that hard to figure out. There is of course the matter of reliability, wiggle room for modding, etc. Besides, Shelby sold a Mustang with 1000 hp already, so there's that.

Again huh? Effeciency? Im talking an engine NOT built by the OEMs like the Katech 800hp NA. Or how about you go look at the 500hp NA K Series Honda 4piston racing builds.

You mean SHELBY AMERICA sold a 1000hp Mustang. Thats for damn sure not how it left the assembly line at Ford therefor its Aftermarket IMO. Same with Hennessey, and also the Lebanon and Beechmont 40k 700hp Mustang packages too.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Again huh? Effeciency? Im talking an engine NOT built by the OEMs like the Katech 800hp NA. Or how about you go look at the 500hp NA K Series Honda 4piston racing builds.

You mean SHELBY AMERICA sold a 1000hp Mustang. Thats for damn sure not how it left the assembly line at Ford therefor its Aftermarket IMO. Same with Hennessey, and also the Lebanon and Beechmont 40k 700hp Mustang packages too.
Well you were comparing it to OEM engines and acting like the OEM engines were somehow inferior as you were so much more impressed by something with no limitations versus something with strict limitations. So please forgive my confusion.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are thats why the aftermarket exists. Same goes for suspension, and ecu tuning for example.

Everything can be improved.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They are thats why the aftermarket exists. Same goes for suspension, and ecu tuning for example.

Everything can be improved.
That wasn’t the point of your post I originally replied to. You used a modified aftermarket engine so you could brag about it while comparing it to an OEM stock engine in order to cast it in an unfavorable light. Let’s not move the goalposts.

In hindsight you probably realize that wasn’t the best comparison. But the idea of a modded NA high horsepower is cool. Fair enough.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That wasn’t the point of your post I originally replied to. You used a modified aftermarket engine so you could brag about it while comparing it to an OEM stock engine in order to cast it in an unfavorable light. Let’s not move the goalposts.

In hindsight you probably realize that wasn’t the best comparison. But the idea of a modded NA high horsepower is cool. Fair enough.
You still dont get why I even brought up the Katech engine.

It wasnt to compare it to ANY stock engine. It was to show what a stock engine CAN do with aftermarket support.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
You still dont get why I even brought up the Katech engine.

It wasnt to compare it to ANY stock engine. It was to show what a stock engine CAN do with aftermarket support.
Nope. You made your point by comparing it to OEM engines - using it as a point to detract from the 500.

This is literally what you said:

800hp NA impresses me FAR more than some 5.2 Supercharged DOHC Predator GT500 engine that makes 760hp LOL just sayin
You can try to clean it up now because it sounds ridiculous (and it is), but it is making you look disingenuous. Better to just own it, learn, and move forward.

Your username is “notagain.” So apply that to your future trolling posts. Instead of pressing the submit button, just remember to repeat “not again” to yourself.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope. You made your point by comparing it to OEM engines - using it as a point to detract from the 500.

This is literally what you said:

You can try to clean it up now because it sounds ridiculous (and it is), but it is making you look disingenuous. Better to just own it, learn, and move forward.

Your username is “notagain.” So apply that to your future trolling posts. Instead of pressing the submit button, just remember to repeat “not again” to yourself.

They are 2 vastly different engines. And I STILL stand by my comment.

800hp with aftermarket support is more impressive than a supercharged 5.2 from an oem manufacturer.

learn from what? the ignorance come from people like you that clearly dont understand what it takes to make 800hp NA.

By comparison 760hp from a supercharged factory engine looks easy doesnt it!??

Do you have any clue what kind of R&D it takes to make 800hp NA or even 500hp NA from a 4 cylinder like the 4piston racing K series?

What I cant get past is most people now days are just like durrr boost it bro but dont have a flying clue why how or why a little 5.0 makes 460hp NA or let alone anything the aftermarkets got their hands on.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
They are 2 vastly different engines. And I STILL stand by my comment.

800hp with aftermarket support is more impressive than a supercharged 5.2 from an oem manufacturer.

learn from what? the ignorance come from people like you that clearly dont understand what it takes to make 800hp NA.

By comparison 760hp from a supercharged factory engine looks easy doesnt it!??

Do you have any clue what kind of R&D it takes to make 800hp NA or even 500hp NA from a 4 cylinder like the 4piston racing K series?

What I cant get past is most people now days are just like durrr boost it bro but dont have a flying clue why how or why a little 5.0 makes 460hp NA or let alone anything the aftermarkets got their hands on.
So now you’ve changed course twice. And you’ve put it out there that you sincerely compare automaker oem and aftermarket engines as if they are on the same playing field, regardless of the severe restrictions and standards placed on an automaker. I know plenty of what goes into building an engine in the aftermarket. Everyone knows it does not compare at all to what it takes to makes, pass, and certify a warrantied OEM that complies with national and state laws and that doesn’t financially burden the automaker with warranty claims or brand tarnish.

The fact that you tried to pretend you thought otherwise at first, then owned up only when there was nowhere to hide, followed by a dogmatic approach just shows how disingenuous you are. And the bit about aftermarket vs. OEM is comedy. You started it and I didn’t have to finish. You did it yourself. Congrats.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I dont think you get its an apples to oranges comparison and the whole NA thing is merely an opinion.

You havnt proved a damn thing other than gone round and round in circles.

Again from day 1 the 1st time I posted anything about the 800hp NA engine was to point out where the C8 platform COULD go with with aftermarket help. Without blower without turbos the LT1 and LT2 are closely related and Im willing to bet alot is interchangeable.

That being said itll be interesting to see where the GT500 predator engine goes with aftermarket help aswell. I could give a damn less how either come stock.

Never once did I say the 800hp NA engine should come factrory like that from the OEMs.

Ive never once even said that is reasonable.

I think your assumptions have attempted to steer this in a direction I never intended or steer my comments to try twist them around based on what you think you read.

I suggest you start at page 1 and reread the entire thread.

Before your 1st post in this thread there was ZERO talk about emissions.
Sponsored

Last edited: