Sponsored

What trailer w/ Raptor to tow gt350

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
anyone here have a 2nd gen Raptor and tows there GT350 with it? If so what trailer and setup do you have?
Sponsored

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Pretty obvious, the lightest and widest open trailer that you can buy.

Contact your local trailer dealer and see what they have.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Interested for next year as well. I saw a guy use a rented uhaul car trailer for his Porsche race car and that’s a damn cheap alternative and easy to use for a few occasions a year. Sure you could protect the front from chips with little effort

I like driving my R to events, but might do cota or road Atlanta and that is too much risk if something brakes at the track so far away.

OP
OP
FLETCshooter

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Interested for next year as well. I saw a guy use a rented uhaul car trailer for his Porsche race car and that’s a damn cheap alternative and easy to use for a few occasions a year. Sure you could protect the front from chips with little effort

I like driving my R to events, but might do cota or road Atlanta and that is too much risk if something brakes at the track so far away.
Never thought of renting. I have a tendency to buy and use once, so great idea.

Sponsored

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
Ya but some of these trailers are half the price of the car. Takes a lot of rentals, but depends if you have to have an enclosed on. Trailers do hold their value well but also need maintenance
Yeah I agree. I believe I'd rather find the lightest used trailer possible and just do the work myself. It sounds like fun, but I'm also overconfident and under-qualified lol

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

5.2 liters of democracy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Man those are some nice trailers..

Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
MAXXD TRAILERS FOR ME NEXT YEAR
They are nice! Got to see one at a local trailer dealer near me. Even pulled the GT350 on to it...perfect! The one I looked at has the stone guard on it and the winch mount. I'll prolly not get the winch however.

Tim

SHELBY-R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shelby
Vehicle(s)
19GT350R
They are nice! Got to see one at a local trailer dealer near me. Even pulled the GT350 on to it...perfect! The one I looked at has the stone guard on it and the winch mount. I'll prolly not get the winch however.

Tim
GET THE WINCH, ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO HAVE IN CASE OF CAR FAILURE (NO START, ETC....)
MINE WILL BE FULLY LOADED LIKE THE ONE THEY BUILT FOR RYAN MARTIN AND HIS FIREBALL CAMARO

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just an FYI - I have over 20K miles on the Raptor towing my trailer. Comes in right at the 8K lbs mark. It's towed the trailer all over WA state, to the major CA tracks, Texas and even to the East Coast tracks like Road Atlanta and VIR. Been solid so far....truck has 40k miles on it with nothing but oil changes and plenty of gas :)

Here it is with 8K lbs for the trailer and 1 set of wheels + 1 extra set of tires in the bed.

towing-jpg.jpg

Not advocating an enclosed trailer - just wanted to point out that the Raptor hauls heavier loads just fine in case you start to wonder about trailers outside of the ultralight AL ones.

iamevan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just an FYI - I have over 20K miles on the Raptor towing my trailer. Comes in right at the 8K lbs mark. It's towed the trailer all over WA state, to the major CA tracks, Texas and even to the East Coast tracks like Road Atlanta and VIR. Been solid so far....truck has 40k miles on it with nothing but oil changes and plenty of gas :)
What's the average MPG of the Raptor while towing/hauling all that?
Sponsored