How does it FEEL with a Procharger???

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Having both a turbo car will rape a sc car pound for pound and lag is useless to bring up in a conversation about racing because your gonna stay in boost the entire time
Whoever has the most power under the racing rpm curve wins. I like both but for different reasons. I agree though lag is a non issue unless turbo is ridiculously oversized like those dyno queen Supras lol.
Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Haven't been able to really make good pulls on mine yet, but it doesn't feel like its whiplashing you. Like others have said it just feels like it keeps pulling.

On another note, hate to thread jack, but does anyone know who can tune with the hptuners ngauge without having to do the whole reprogram thing?

turbo50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whoever has the most power under the racing rpm curve wins. I like both but for different reasons. I agree though lag is a non issue unless turbo is ridiculously oversized like those dyno queen Supras lol.
Lol but them supras do move

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I have had many turbo cars, and I assure you, even with ball bearing high dollar units, then spending high $$$ on top of the line boost controllers.

Unless you are talking "mini" sized factory turbos, there will always, and is always "LAG".... Take it with a grain of salt, but I guess I just got over it...Unless it's my truck (diesel) pulling a load down the road, I want my throttle INSTANT.

It's way more fun doing burnouts, power slides, and things like that.... when your throttle is exactly like you think it is. Move throttle, make more power, moving it further instantly make more power. Makes these 5.0L cars drive like a monster big block.

Anyways, thats just my.02.....(obviously a touch biased,lol)

However, I did take our 2017 for a quick spin yesterday afternoon.
I have already logged thousands of hours in these S550 cars, but it's one of the first cars that doesn't get "boring" to me.

So yesterday it was brisk here temp wise, and anything below 60 mph = total tire annihilation.... however kicking it down on the highway from 65 mph = Millennium Falcon mode. :) ....so whoever said that "Thank you"... because I said it out loud when I hit the gas pedal, and literally laughed out loud. Cause thats exactly what it felt like.

:cheers::ford::headbang:

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
IK know this is an old post, but I need some help with a Pro Charger Stage 2. I have the same car as listed in the video link below.

It's a 2016 Performance Pack GT and after having the TVS supercharger on the '13 Roush, I really don't like this thing. I had a stock '17 GT with 3.55 gears and it pulled really good at low RPMs. This '16 with the pro charger doesn't have any low end torque. I found it actually dangerous. I tried passing someone last week doing about 30mph. I gave the car gas and it didn't launch like a stock GT so I downshifted. The car started to pull away, then about 3800 rpm, the tires broke loose and the car went sideways.

There is no "linear" to this car. Is it the pro charger tune? I've even had issues with just normal driving if I allow the RPMs to get close to 3800, the car will launch just as you shift causing all kinds of mayhem.

What do you experts say? Is it my tune? I like the TVS so much better because I had linear power and acceleration that was controllable. Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
I daily drive on drag radials ..have never broke loose above 30 mph but I take my beater when it rains

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Good tune is important no matter the setup. If your tune sucks, the car sucks. If you’re trying to pass someone in 4 or 5th at 30 mph then you’re just an idiot. Downshift!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Also big centris with big pulleys make for mostly crappy combos unless you have the ability to run big timing. Otherwise, small blowers with small pulleys will make plenty of jam.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I haven't driven a procharged coyote but with my new Edelbrock TVS kit is super fun and very easy to control. Part throttle I see about 5psi and it drives like stock, wide open at 11psi it pins you in the seat hard. I also like it making 500lb of torque from 2500 all the way to redline. I'm making 600rwhp on 93 and my iats never go above 110 even in traffic. I'm sure the procharger is a ton of fun too and I was considering it before I got a smoking deal on this kit.

My only gripe is it sounds stock, no whine at all really. The centri probably sounds like a jet which is pretty cool. I'd say go for it boost is fun on these cars and with a good time it should last.

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
if you’re trying to pass someone in 4 or 5th at 30 mph then you’re just an idiot. Downshift!
Stupid comment since I never said what gear I was in. Regardless of the gear, let's say 4th, and I did downshift to 3rd, the car starts accelerating to pass, but then 3800 rpm is hit and the tires brake loose and the car goes sideways! Or, let's say I'm in 3rd and start to pass a slower car, I'm passing just fine until 3800 rpm and the SC boost builds and launches the car sideways. Get the idea here? There is no linear on my car. It has no low end torque, then it just launches.

Like I said, the Roush, with 600 whp was more manageable due to the power being there at all times. This car is very sluggish with no low end, then it launches with full power at 3800. Just casual driving, if the RPMs get near 3800, the boost takes over. Shifting a car at 4k rpm is not out of the ordinary and I'm being forced to shift at 3k rpm to prevent a squirrly situation.

BTW, I'm also running 305s on the rear and they lose traction very easily. I won't be running drag radials for daily driving.

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
After owning a Paxton set up in my last car, Pro charger D1x feels real good. The car is nasty and I'm still on pump and the standard pulley stage 2...750 whp 3.55's and a 3200 stall speed, and zero heat soak. The power comes on quick and strong.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I’ve never once lost control/traction when I didn’t want to. Sounds like a personal problem with your car. Get out of that canned tune.

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Which is exactly what I'm asking. I have the stock build from 707 Performance which I think is using the "canned" Pro Charger tune. I think I actually asked if it was my tune that makes the car act like this.

Is Lund the best option for the Pro Charger? I need to do something as there is absolutely no power below 3800 rpm. The tires won't break loose at all until we hot that rpm range. It feels like I'm driving a 4 cylinder below 3800.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get a real tune from a real tuner. Also if your an auto get a stall speed converter. centrifugal sc’s spin up quickly to lockup with a stall speed, and away you go.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Get a real tune from a real tuner. Also if your an auto get a stall speed converter. centrifugal sc’s spin up quickly to lockup with a stall speed, and away you go.
Converter was the best money spent on my car no doubt!
Sponsored