Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

BJD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5 M-Sport 50i, Audi S4 Cabriolet 4.2
So you joined this Mustang forum just to tell us you canceled you GT500 order. Troll
Troll??? Not at all. I've said nothing but positive things - love the GT500. Been reading the forum for about a year and thought I would offer my allocation (for free) to someone who didn't have one as I've read about a lot of those folks on here. Couldn't post unless I joined. Make sense? Wow.
Sponsored

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
So you joined this Mustang forum just to tell us you canceled you GT500 order. Troll
That was a bit harsh Eco...Iā€™m sure his heart is in the right place. I came close to pulling the trigger on a C8 myself over the last couple days...I figured I could afford the Vette and the GT500, why not? Then, when I was driving around the PA mountains where I live today I realized that the rednecks and bikers that inhabit this corner of the world would want to kick my ass if I was in that C8...too flashy. Iā€™m sure the C8 fits in places like Miami and LA and some other metropolitan areas, but it would get shot down here. Now the GT500 is a Muscle car with pure power that is gonna get me a ā€œthumbs upā€ from those same guys...Gonna have to pass on that C8... Kinda like a fat girl...a lot of fun to ride ā€˜til your friends see ya!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Someone joins a Mustang forum and there 1st post is I canceled my GT500 order and ordered a c8, I call them as I see them it hurts to be called out.

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Sadly, it's a "no" to the GT500 for me. No manual trans and its expected weight were already reasons enough for me to stick with my GT350. The price of the Track Pack carbon package (which is what I'd want) plus expected dealer markups, just puts it at a price to where there are other cars that I'd rather own for the money.

Add the C8 Corvette to mix and the GT500 makes even less sense for my wants in a performance car. Frankly, just the base C8 Stingray is a very compelling car to me, but I don't expect that I'd be buying one anytime soon, if ever.

Sponsored

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
I am standing firm with my GT500 order. It is a modern muscle car and was not designed to compete in the market of exotic sports car buyers. The people who are switching their orders are just looking for the hottest thing out at the time. The C8 will be very hot for a while but then they will be very common. Granted the C8 is a great car but not what I am looking for. Complete performance numbers are not available on either car. There is more to car performance than 0 to 60 time.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I am standing firm with my GT500 order. It is a modern muscle car and was not designed to compete in the market of exotic sports car buyers. The people who are switching their orders are just looking for the hottest thing out at the time. The C8 will be very hot for a while but then they will be very common. Granted the C8 is a great car but not what I am looking for. Complete performance numbers are not available on either car. There is more to car performance than 0 to 60 time.
I had a mid engine muscle car years ago. I didn't like the incredible decibals the engine threw off which sat just about 18" from my head and ears. I wonder if the C8 buyers have ever driven a high end mid engine muscle car????? They might be in for a rude awakening.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I had a mid engine muscle car years ago. I didn't like the incredible decibals the engine threw off which sat just about 18" from my head and ears. I wonder if the C8 buyers have ever driven a high end mid engine muscle car????? They might be in for a rude awakening.
There is no such thing as a mid engine muscle car.
I get the point your making though.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Someone joins a Mustang forum and there 1st post is I canceled my GT500 order and ordered a c8, I call them as I see them it hurts to be called out.
Well maybe, if the there was something to be called out on. But I just don't see it in this case. You act as if this is the Wild West and you are in the dirt street calling out a guy from the saloon to come outside. Laughable.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
There is no such thing as a mid engine muscle car.
I get the point your making though.
I agree, it is not a "muscle car'. It is a finesse' kinda car.

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Cars with motors in the front, the motor is very close and the transmission next to your leg. That is close. With the Mid engine/trans all behind you the sound is behind you and going away somewhat. It will be interesting with the sound deadening properties GM has in place. It could be a screamer, but I like screamers, that's just me.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2017 Ford Focus ST, On Order 2020 CTFP Shelby GT 500 with POTTS. Car is released and awaiting shipment. I am running out of time before having to leave for Japan on July 29th.
Engine placement has very little to do with sound. Most of the noise is from the exhaust. Drive train noise is minimal in a normally operating engine. Engine placement primarily affects balance, traction and handling property. The advantages of having a mid-engine car is increased traction for the rear wheels because the engine puts more weight on the rear wheels. It is also easier to obtain a perfect 50/50 weight balance between the front and rear of the car which improves handling. Most of us benefit from the improved 0-60 time because of the traction but most people will not drive hard enough to benefit from the improved handling properties beyond what modern front engine cars can perform. Again for the average driver it is more about preference and cost. The C8 is the hot new thing on the board but the GT500 will do fine for the people who are serious about getting one.

Melange_X3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
When it comes to cost similarly equipped C8 Corvettes and Shelby GT500 will not be as much different in price as people think. Initially the C8 will draw ADMs in many markets just as the GT500 is. The Corvette is exotic looking and has a targa top and more refined interior options but none of these items are key requirements for mustang buyers.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
I been hearing and reading about people trying to score a C8. Most of the Chevy dealers here in the Miami area all want ADM's. High ADM's. Heck, a few even slap some on the holdover Vettes...now that just crazy. But again, welcome to the MIA.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
When it comes to cost similarly equipped C8 Corvettes and Shelby GT500 will not be as much different in price as people think. Initially the C8 will draw ADMs in many markets just as the GT500 is. The Corvette is exotic looking and has a targa top and more refined interior options but none of these items are key requirements for mustang buyers.
I agree, I have never thought about getting a vette. The C8 is the only one that has my interest. I have had 2 mustangs because I wanted mustangs.
Sponsored