Sponsored

Are you in? Or are you out?

Ok, the dust has settled. Who's in or out?

• Total voters

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I’m wondering how this thread turned into a “Talk up the C8 Vette” chat room???....For all the Pro-Vette Guys...Congratulations, looks like a cool car, go for it! I just prefer not to read about it over and over on a Mustang Forum. Aren’t there Vette Forums you guys could go to and share your accolades?
You don’t want to see folks going over to the Vette so it will free up 500’s? That’s strange. The more I read about it, the more my fellow Shelby fans have a chance. Even if it’s not me.
Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I’m wondering how this thread turned into a “Talk up the C8 Vette” chat room???....For all the Pro-Vette Guys...Congratulations, looks like a cool car, go for it! I just prefer not to read about it over and over on a Mustang Forum. Aren’t there Vette Forums you guys could go to and share your accolades?
There's a whole gaggle of 'tards in this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/gt-350-just-got-crushed-by-the-c8.125798

Some don't even get when they're being played with - I feel like I'm beating up 8 year olds ...
the problem is, they cant go to the corvette forums, because the c5/6/7 guys are talking shit about how it doesnt look like a corvette anymore. so they are bastardized in their own home. they have nowhere to go, so they demand we let them in :)

and i just popped in that thread. ill check back in a few days

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
It really cracks me up....the GM guys have forgotten the battle has already been won! Any knowledgable person shopping for a GT500 would most likely be looking at the Camaro as a competitor - the Corvette is not and never has been over the years. Ford has destroyed the Camaro and the reason why it will be canned in 2023. The only car that GM can compete with the GT500 s a "world class" 2-seat sports car - Ford should be extremely flattered!!

GM is like the little insecure kid in the school yard that talks a bunch of crap starting a fight, then will bring his big brother to handle the fight.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think you'll be surprised just how well the base c8 will perform compared to the gt500. Why are you surprised that people want to spend their disposable income on a light weight, mid engine sports car with a removable roof, instead of a 4100 pound mustang?
Because they want to constantly hear clickety clack noises when they are driving around from that effing removable roof? What a POS to put on a "sports" car.

100% out now. C8 is a far better car for with a much cheaper price tag. Ford really screwed up this GT500 car, Shouldve been out for the 2018 MY. Its going to be hard justifying a $80-$100k GT500 when the base C8 has a DCT, 2.9 0-60, 500hp, 3300 lb mid engine car for under $60k.
The weight is wrong in your post. Probably will be over 3600 lbs. The price is wrong in your post for the 0-60 time you are quoting. GM said some deceptive things by quoting the lowest possible price and then giving performance specs of an optional model that we don't know the price of yet.

Yea, really. It was never my intent. However with the C8 and it's reveal, I can understand some of the posts to be pertinent in their decision in buying a 500 or not. Honestly, if I couldn't get a 500 CFTP, I would be looking very hard at the C8 equivalent, whatever that may be (if it even will be).
I think those that were complaining about waiting for the GT500 shouldn't in the next breath say that they are going to wait even longer for a C8 now. That's the main objection I have to some of the pro-C8 comments. Which is it? Do you not want to wait or do you want the C8? Those comments make me think that those people are just here to troll.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
It really cracks me up....the GM guys have forgotten the battle has already been won! Any knowledgable person shopping for a GT500 would most likely be looking at the Camaro as a competitor - the Corvette is not and never has been over the years. Ford has destroyed the Camaro and the reason why it will be canned in 2023. The only car that GM can compete with the GT500 s a "world class" 2-seat sports car - Ford should be extremely flattered!!

GM is like the little insecure kid in the school yard that talks a bunch of crap starting a fight, then will bring his big brother to handle the fight.
Except as it stands right now, Ford has nothing that competes with the ZL1 1LE. We will see how the gt500 does against it. Your chest pounding is not based in reality.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Because they want to constantly hear clickety clack noises when they are driving around from that effing removable roof? What a POS to put on a "sports" car.

The weight is wrong in your post. Probably will be over 3600 lbs. The price is wrong in your post for the 0-60 time you are quoting. GM said some deceptive things by quoting the lowest possible price and then giving performance specs of an optional model that we don't know the price of yet.

I think those that were complaining about waiting for the GT500 shouldn't in the next breath say that they are going to wait even longer for a C8 now. That's the main objection I have to some of the pro-C8 comments. Which is it? Do you not want to wait or do you want the C8? Those comments make me think that those people are just here to troll.
There are a lot of cars that are sports cars, even hyper cars, that have a removable roof. Both of my c6s never made a noise in all the years I had them, and they were both lowered and constantly beat to within an inch of their life on track. Looking at the fact that even the c7, with the roof removed, was still 20% stiffer than a C6 z06, shows just how well the platform is designed.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Except as it stands right now, Ford has nothing that competes with the ZL1 1LE. We will see how the gt500 does against it. Your chest pounding is not based in reality.
To the contrary...GM has been doing the chest pounding without any real track data and real world people abusing these cars on the track - marketing only. Insecure people like you and others on this board fall prey to their smoke and mirrors and follow suit.

I thought the same thing a few years ago and bought a $117K Z06/Z07 track car (pic below - reality) and you can see it in an overheated state after two laps - over and over. My GT350R was far superior to the Z06 as a track car. There is a class action lawsuit that deals with this engineering/design debacle. I speak reality...be careful when you call someone out you know nothing about! I would like to hear about your experiences with the GT350/GT350R/C7Z06/GT3/GT3RS on the track so you can give me your own experience from "reality".

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4303.jpg
View attachment 381629

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Fellas - too much grown man arguing.

Let’s all just get a round of AMG GTRs and call it a day. And if you need a backseat they have a 4dr version for you.

Problem solved.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
To the contrary...GM has been doing the chest pounding without any real track data and real world people abusing these cars on the track - marketing only. Insecure people like you and others on this board fall prey to their smoke and mirrors and follow suit.

I thought the same thing a few years ago and bought a $117K Z06/Z07 track car (pic below - reality) and you can see it in an overheated state after two laps - over and over. My GT350R was far superior to the Z06 as a track car. There is a class action lawsuit that deals with this engineering/design debacle. I speak reality...be careful when you call someone out you know nothing about! I would like to hear about your experiences with the GT350/GT350R/C7Z06/GT3/GT3RS on the track so you can give me your own experience from "reality".
View attachment 381629
Reminds me of the tech pack haha.

Camaro still has the fastest lap times by quite a bit on the ring. Curious to see how the GT500 does. Should be a monster.

15. Camaro ZL1 1LE
7:16.00 Watch Onboard ’18

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

View attachment 381629
Insecure people like me? Im not the one making shit up. Facts are out there. Right now, the ZL1 1LE rules anything Ford offers in a mustang. My point stands, we will see if the gt500 has anything for it.

Sponsored

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
Limited production, 650+hp car with an ADM? This has never happened before.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Insecure people like me? Im not the one making shit up. Facts are out there. Right now, the ZL1 1LE rules anything Ford offers in a mustang. My point stands, we will see if the gt500 has anything for it.
Yes the ZL1 1LE is faster then any Mustang produced right now.
However the GT500 carbon fiber track pack car will spank it.

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Reminds me of the tech pack haha.

Camaro still has the fastest lap times by quite a bit on the ring. Curious to see how the GT500 does. Should be a monster.

15. Camaro ZL1 1LE
7:16.00 Watch Onboard ’18

Yep, that will be argued til the end of time. Ford made it clear from the get go in the literature the differences between the tech and track - that is not their fault. I knew I would track my car and chose the Track Pack with no issues. That said, they made the coolers standard in '17 to address the issue across the board. The Z06 was advertised as a full blown track car and never addressed the issue since the ZR1.

I used to keep up with ring times, but they are more for advertising and testing in all different conditions because that track has them all. However, in the US, we do not run our cars the same way. We have shorter tracks that abuse brakes and tires, and require better cooling, especially in the Southeast. The cars tested on the ring are not what you get in production. Moreover, the results in the real world with production cars at shorter tracks is quite different than the ring.

I would definitely track a ZL1 1LE over a Z06 without a doubt.