Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT convertible
Hey guys,
So I’m set on Edelbrock mainly for their warranty for either kit. I have a 19 convertible and i can do either kit but not sure the 3k price increase for the stage 2 is worth it. I will be only street driving no road course or drag stripes. The occasional car show. Any feed back from people that have both would be awesome. I’m looking at sticking with Edelbrock tune as well. If i do stage 1 ill add Roush exhaust if i do stage 2 it will be all stock exhaust. Thanks for any feedback on both kits !
Sponsored

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Do the Stage 2 from the get go. You will regret not doing it.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Agree! It all depends what your goals are.
For street driving is the stage 1 enough to keep me happy for a while. I’d like to do an exhaust like the Roush too but wanna take care of the power part first. Will a stage 1 put a smile on my face?

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
For street driving is the stage 1 enough to keep me happy for a while. I’d like to do an exhaust like the Roush too but wanna take care of the power part first. Will a stage 1 put a smile on my face?
I took care of exhaust, suspension, irs upgrades, clutch and wheel\ tires first just so when and if I went FI the car could take it. I'm manual so going FI without the supporting mods really isn't an option unless you don't plan on driving it hard. In stock form my car wheel hopped liked crazy and even more so after the pp2. Auto's take FI pretty well completely stock. With all that said stage 1 should keep you happy for a while and keep a smile on your face. On the street it's plenty! If your worried about warranty and are paying some one else to do the install than you might want to go stage 2 so your not playing labor twice if you decide to upgrade. I'm planning on doing some upgrades but I will not being going with stage 2. Good luck!

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I've ran stage 1 and have stage 2 give me a few more days and I'll have pertinent information on ALL your considerations....

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Stage 2 out of the gate! There is an option to upgrade from stage 1 to 2 later but appears to be a pricey endeavor.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Hey guys,
So I’m set on Edelbrock mainly for their warranty for either kit. I have a 19 convertible and i can do either kit but not sure the 3k price increase for the stage 2 is worth it. I will be only street driving no road course or drag stripes. The occasional car show. Any feed back from people that have both would be awesome. I’m looking at sticking with Edelbrock tune as well. If i do stage 1 ill add Roush exhaust if i do stage 2 it will be all stock exhaust. Thanks for any feedback on both kits !
You’ll never feel bad about having too much horse power! But you’ll feel horrible if you don’t have enough and need to add even more later plus your wallet will hurt more . Why not just go with the stage two and be the biggest baddest bad ass on the street ? Just got an email from Edelbrock that they’re having a 10% off sale, guessing some of our forum sponsor vendors can match or beat that in any case . Either way you’ll love the blower !

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You’ll never feel bad about having too much horse power! But you’ll feel horrible if you don’t have enough and need to add even more later plus your wallet will hurt more . Why not just go with the stage two and be the biggest baddest bad ass on the street ? Just got an email from Edelbrock that they’re having a 10% off sale, guessing some of our forum sponsor vendors can match or beat that in any case . Either way you’ll love the blower !
Looks like discount code summer19
gets you 10% so at the minimum you save $899 off the stg2 complete kit . But talk to vendors on here as well.

Interesting enough the $500 rebate and free shipping they are offering through end of August denotes cannot be combined with any other discounts. I don't recall it saying that before. So unfortunately couldn't pair that with the 10% off.

OP
OP

Mustanggtvert32907

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
Looks like discount code summer19
gets you 10% so at the minimum you save $899 off the stg2 complete kit . But talk to vendors on here as well.

Interesting enough the $500 rebate and free shipping they are offering through end of August denotes cannot be combined with any other discounts. I don't recall it saying that before. So unfortunately couldn't pair that with the 10% off.
Vendors on here have some great pricing for sure.

I’m thinking for street the stage 1 should be more than enough plus I don’t wanna get into the power numbers I had with my last build. If the a10 can make over 600 with the stage 1 I’d be happy with that. Will let me do exhaust and some cosmetic stuff as well

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Depends on your goals, the stage 2 comes with the 8 rib which a lot of people wont need. If you don't plan to make more than 800whp, stick to a stage 1 w/the 103mm and stage 2 intake. This way you can save yourself some of the expense associated with buying and then installing the 8 rib.

I have the stage 1 with 103mm TB, stage 2 intake, and smaller 3" pulley. Car makes 12psi and no signs of belt slip on the 817 belt.
IMG_7112.jpg

Woopaloop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10R80
Hey guys,
Just a heads up I recently bought the stage 2 and if you're planning on having the warranty and getting paid make sure you maintain traceability and all the maintenance records of your car. For me only ford has ever touched the car and if something goes wrong you need to be able to show in court (if necessary) that the problem was 100 percent edelbrocks issue. You also need to read the fine print on the warranty, you cannot use r compound tires.

I went with the stage 2 because of the added fuel safety and because it leaves room to grow down the road if desired. It's also the most powerful option you can get in CA legally. I took my car in to get 100 percent checked out and signed off on before I'm getting the kit installed and turns out I had to have the transmission replaced (luckily it's under warranty).

I should have the kit installed next week, I'm running 96 97 octane gas just to be safe.
Sponsored