Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's like putting those lights (blacklights) under your car, and driving around.
I guess if you had a show car and the judging was at night, it might be ok???
Never ok with me...just not my style.
Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
That's the valet/programming switch for an aftermarket alarm system. Built in "armed" LED.

Very likely the PO pulled the alarm out and left the button there.

OP
OP
Jeremy hooks

Jeremy hooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the serious replies and thanks for all the funny replies, I got some good laughs. I finally got a hold of the previous owner and it is indeed an aftermarket anti theft system. Thanks for all the help, loving my 5.0!

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
I recently purchased an S550 5.0 and found this little button on the driver side on the side of the center console near where your knee sits, does anyone have any idea what it could be?
21287BE3-31A1-4F1E-885D-96D21BEEBF32.jpeg
Apparently you did not purchase the car new. Instead of all this back and forth and guessing I would as stated prior trace the wires and see where they go. Then you will know. This is not a factory install.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently you did not purchase the car new. Instead of all this back and forth and guessing I would as stated prior trace the wires and see where they go. Then you will know. This is not a factory install.
He did. And if he hadn't, we would not have had as much fun. ;)

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Thanks for all the serious replies and thanks for all the funny replies, I got some good laughs. I finally got a hold of the previous owner and it is indeed an aftermarket anti theft system. Thanks for all the help, loving my 5.0!
So does it work?

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Gotta love finding stuff. After owning my 04 Mach1 many moons ago for several months I found something. It was about 0500 and I was headed to the base gym and forgot my wallet as I was leaving the house. When I came back out I noticed a huge glow coming out of my Mach1 hood scoop. The guy before had put a neon light in there. I raised the hood...jerked wires and closed hood. When I had the time I removed everything correctly. How Embarrassing.
I am having serious deja-vu right now, did you post this story years ago in a thread on SVTP related to surprises you found in a used car or something?

No it doesn't, Guy disconnected the system but left the button.
I'd rip that all out and replace that panel they drilled into then. Tacked on aftermarket bits drilled into interior panels is a peeve of mine.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
View attachment 382200
I am having serious deja-vu right now, did you post this story years ago in a thread on SVTP related to surprises you found in a used car or something?

I'd rip that all out and replace that panel they drilled into then. Tacked on aftermarket bits drilled into interior panels is a peeve of mine.
HAHA..Indeed! It was either there or the Mach1 Registry...found that link....2010!
no2.PNG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
View attachment 382200
HAHA..Indeed! It was either there or the Mach1 Registry...found that link....2010!
no2.PNG
Had to be on SVTP, was never on M1R. That is too funny, reading your post I was like wait a minute, am I cracking up or have I read this before? I am pretty damn sure I remember that photo as well.

Truth be told, I'm surprised glowing mach 1 style hood scoops aren't a Raxiom product by now.

usnbrendon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I recently purchased an S550 5.0 and found this little button on the driver side on the side of the center console near where your knee sits, does anyone have any idea what it could be?
21287BE3-31A1-4F1E-885D-96D21BEEBF32.jpeg
It most likely is (was) a momentary switch that went to an anti-carjacking component of his aftermarket alarm system. My Trans Am years back had a Clifford Ace II w/Sense & Tell + Clifford BlackJack + air horns + internal pain generator (it barely describes the excruciating / nauseating sound it made) and the BlackJack had a similar hidden switch......though mine was ACTUALLY HIDDEN:giggle:

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
It most likely is (was) a momentary switch that went to an anti-carjacking component of his aftermarket alarm system. My Trans Am years back had a Clifford Ace II w/Sense & Tell + Clifford BlackJack + air horns + internal pain generator (it barely describes the excruciating / nauseating sound it made) and the BlackJack had a similar hidden switch......though mine was ACTUALLY HIDDEN:giggle:
Does it have a light on the front?

Cadrms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2019 bullitt. Elec PKG and magneride
Aftermarket alarm bypass. You are supposed to hide them well. In case batteries go dead in remote you can still open your car and hit the button when the alarm goes off.

ivantwilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Old thread, but it was fun to read...!
Sponsored