Sponsored

Strut Bar

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Bullitt brace fitting flush. Amateur grinding to the back doesn’t show :)

F36F86DD-BB8B-4EB0-ACE5-309C074C16B8.jpeg
53510296-7CB6-4396-907E-E99123AADB61.jpeg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The yank cars don't come with the K brace as factory standard they come with a strut brace instead
I don't think that's right. Not every US Mustang has braces, BUT I'm not aware of any US model that has the cross brace that does not also include the K brace. But the opposite happens: there are some models with the K but not the cross brace.

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
I don't think that's right. Not every US Mustang has braces, BUT I'm not aware of any US model that has the cross brace that does not also include the K brace. But the opposite happens: there are some models with the K but not the cross brace.
K brace is standard on convertibles and I think an option on some packs for the Coupe.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
K brace is standard on convertibles and I think an option on some packs for the Coupe.
Agree. Same as I said but my point was there are no US models with the cross brace but without the K brace.Hinch had said there were US cars with cross brace INSTEAD of K brace.

Sponsored

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
Agree. Same as I said but my point was there are no US models with the cross brace but without the K brace.Hinch had said there were US cars with cross brace INSTEAD of K brace.
Agree, that’s not an option. I’d only guess someone has fitted a cross brace and neglected to fit the K brace after sale.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I assumed as I've seen a lot of yank versions with the tower brace but not the k brace so I assumed it was standard in all models apart from the absolute base model.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Agree, that’s not an option. I’d only guess someone has fitted a cross brace and neglected to fit the K brace after sale.
I think that's common. Lots of people want them for appearance and don't care about the K brace. What is bizarre is Ford sells kits with the strut and K brace BUT the kit does not include a metal part needed to achieve the bracing the K brace is supposed to do. Cars that did not come with the K brace have a plastic version of that part. If you mount the K brace to the plastic part the stiffness is lost. I don't know if Ford was being stupid or just evil to offer kits without that extra part.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Cars that did not come with the K brace have a plastic version of that part. If you mount the K brace to the plastic part the stiffness is lost. I don't know if Ford was being stupid or just evil to offer kits without that extra part.
I have a US-model '18 GT which has none of this (neither the metal K-brace or the strut brace) because it's not a PP car and it doesn't have the 20" wheels. It has a plastic cowl support piece which mounts on the passenger side strut top. I've seen cars like mine with just the strut tower brace added, and I wonder how well it can really even work if it's just bolted on top of the "plastic" cowl support which comes on the car.

It'd be a lot simpler if Ford would just make this bracing standard across the line...that would cost a little in materials but it would eliminate some needless build complexity.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I have the GT350 one on mine...came with spacers.
IMG-3366.jpg

miketango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I’m thinking about my next mod which will probably be the Ford Performance strut brace...

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/chassis/products/strut-tower-brace-kit-aluminum

Generally it seems that opinion is divided as to whether it actually makes a difference. This isn’t really a deciding factor for me as I think it looks cool however I was wondering if anyone thinks it did make a difference to the handling ?

Thanks,

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
I’m thinking about my next mod which will probably be the Ford Performance strut brace...

https://shop.ford.co.uk/collections/chassis/products/strut-tower-brace-kit-aluminum

Generally it seems that opinion is divided as to whether it actually makes a difference. This isn’t really a deciding factor for me as I think it looks cool however I was wondering if anyone thinks it did make a difference to the handling ?

Thanks,
I agree they look great but I cannot bring myself to spend £380 on one !!

I’ve fitted strut braces to previous cars and to be honest I couldn’t tell the difference.

There are plenty of other things you can spend that money on that will deliver a bigger bang for your buck

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack

Thanks,
If you like it just do it
Sponsored