18 C7 Z06 to a 19 GT350?

GPGT17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP
im debating whether to do this or not. Currently have a 18 C7 Z06 auto 8 speed with 1400 miles and a 17 GT PP 6 speed with 9k miles. I enjoy both but been thinking getting just one all around car. Convince me to or not to please advise. Thanks.
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
First question is, do you track?

The GT350 has a great transmission and a soul stirring engine. It also looks incredible.

It just drinks oil, tramlines, and below 4.5k RPM no one is home. 19s should be better, but at least one replacement engine which used the new motor has already popped so...

If I were you, I'd keep one of the cars you currently have over a 350, or sell them both for the GT500 when it comes out. Going from a Z06 to a GT350 is a rough transition.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a C6 Z06 and a z/28 and the power of the super charger would be missed as well as the low end torque. However if you want an all around car and don’t mind a automatic, I would get the GT500. But if you want a fun to drive car and save money get the 2019 GT350 and wait for the prices to come down on the 500

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It depends on so much - what you like, how you use the cars, etc. You haven't said much if anything about that. I personally would sell both and get a Grand Sport. No reason you can't use a Corvette everyday, as far as I'm concerned. I don't think the Z06 would be for me. Too much power - kind of over the top. I would think the GS would be perfect on the street and the road course. That's what I would want the car for - the road course as well as general driving.

The GT350 is an awesome car and a lot of fun, though. If you want something higher off the ground with a roomier cabin, I don't think you can go wrong. The engine is just amazing on them. Much more fun than a regular Mustang GT in my opinion. And the Voodoo engine is a lot better than the standard C7 Corvette engine as well, in my opinion. Direct injection without port injection just gives me reliability concerns.

I had my GT350 for 4 years and it never burned oil. I really loved that car. I only sold it because I want to try different things and own different cars.

Bottom line is I think you are going to want to drive some cars and find out what you prefer. Maybe try a 911 or something, even. I would wait to try to get a GT500 if I were you. They are going to be hard to come by for a while.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
At 6’3 and 255. If I could fit in a ZO6 comfortably. It would be a no brained for me. I like the look of the Vette better. The performance is better. I’m old and don’t need a back seat to haul kids around. ZO6 is an easy winner against the Mustang for me. And I love Mustangs to death!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Mine never used abnormal oil - and tramlining was resolved with non-cup-2 tires. 2019 is said to reduce tramlining as well...how, I don't know. As far as no one home under 4500...first, it's more like 4000...but most importantly, driving this car is a little different - you will keep the revs up and rarely be below 4k anyway. Very rewarding to drive it like an exotic ;)

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
if you didn’t have the 6sp car I’d understand this a little more, it’s nice to have options. that Z is a rocket, you will have nothing capable of taking off from a dig like that if you do this. but if you’re just wanting sound and specific track tranny/handling/revving i understand a little more.

i’m unsure how the 17 MT-82 is geared, but my 16GTPP(e85, headers, tune, intake) had more oomph when taking off than my 350, so just something to consider about what you want in a car.

it wasn’t until i got a 350 on a track that everything clicked and i fully understood what ford made, and it’s pretty damn neat. mine did tramline pretty bad on the stock Michelin MPSS, but that just ensures you put the phone down and pay attention while driving :)

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
If its no rush, I'd just say enjoy the C7 you have and wait to see if the C8 might be something you'd like? By that time you'll have an option of 500 too choose from too.

Kado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 H4866
I'm going to say that this weekend I ran a C7 GrandSport back to back with my GT350 on an autocross course. I was really impressed with the GrandSport handling and overall demeanor. I think going from the Z06 to a GT350 would be a pretty big back slide.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Mine never used abnormal oil - and tramlining was resolved with non-cup-2 tires. 2019 is said to reduce tramlining as well...how, I don't know. As far as no one home under 4500...first, it's more like 4000...but most importantly, driving this car is a little different - you will keep the revs up and rarely be below 4k anyway. Very rewarding to drive it like an exotic ;)
I don't know how they reduced tramlining either, but with electronic steering assist I would think you could change the amount of assist and tramlining would be gone. Just a programming change with nothing done to the hard parts. Some of the road feel would be gone as well, but for those that don't go to the track they might not care.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Gene...not sure if it's doable for you, but go find a GT350 and take it for a spin! That's what convinced me.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Going from a Z06, especially if it's a Z07 Pack, would be a hard pill to swallow. I love my GT350 but if I had that already, not sure I could go backwards like that.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
FWIW, I see no contest here. Given these choices, obviously having a fast car is key. Whether you track or not, keep the Z06. Wicked fast car, in a league beyond the Mustang you have and the GT350. Given its weight of likely ~500 pounds lighter than the new GT500, the only other ride to consider is the new C8, as suggested above. My humble 2 cents. Good luck on your choice.

datadatum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350
im debating whether to do this or not. Currently have a 18 C7 Z06 auto 8 speed with 1400 miles and a 17 GT PP 6 speed with 9k miles. I enjoy both but been thinking getting just one all around car. Convince me to or not to please advise. Thanks.
Since you already have a GT 6-spd, have you driven a GT350 to understand the difference? What exactly about your two current cars needs to be more "all-around"?
Sponsored