Sponsored

Finally chose an Exhaust

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
After exploring whether or not I could perform a factory-like installation of Active Exhaust on my ‘19 and figuring out that wasn’t likely to pan out, I started looking at different systems and watching lots of videos to figure out what I wanted.

I bought the AWE Touring catback today through CJPP since they were running a special, and cannot wait for it to show up. Unfortunately the shipping at checkout indicated it won’t be here until the 15th or so, but I’ve waited this long so it will be ok.

I’ll try to capture some before/after videos for everyone.
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
I purchased a track edition and the shipping said the 15th also. When I got the tracking info it is estimated for the 11th :clap:

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I purchased a track edition and the shipping said the 15th also. When I got the tracking info it is estimated for the 11th :clap:
Oh nice man, congrats on that one!

I was tempted to get the track edition also, but mostly because there was a guy selling a system brand new in the box for a steal, but I have a baby and that cold start would not work for me lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Oh nice man, congrats on that one!

I was tempted to get the track edition also, but mostly because there was a guy selling a system brand new in the box for a steal, but I have a baby and that cold start would not work for me lol
Don't kid yourself though, it'll be pretty loud cold start even with the touring. Not crazy like a full muffler + resonator delete combo like the track, though. And no drone.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't kid yourself though, it'll be pretty loud cold start even with the touring. Not crazy like a full muffler + resonator delete combo like the track, though. And no drone.
Agreed, I watched the video on CJPP and it raises their eyebrows when starting and running it.

Really can’t wait to get it on the car.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, I watched the video on CJPP and it raises their eyebrows when starting and running it.

Really can’t wait to get it on the car.
It's the first thing one should do for a Mustang. Makes it a lot more fun.

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For whatever reason my last few Mustangs have ended up with Magnaflow on them. I think I’m more excited to have something new and different than anything else lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For whatever reason my last few Mustangs have ended up with Magnaflow on them. I think I’m more excited to have something new and different than anything else lol
Ha! Nice. Yeah to me the MF catbacks don't really do it for me. Very smooth and deep but also not that exciting or dynamic sounding.

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
Congrats on the purchase, I ordered corsa sports yesterday and with no cats im gonna hate my life for about a minute or two every morning lol

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ha! Nice. Yeah to me the MF catbacks don't really do it for me. Very smooth and deep but also not that exciting or dynamic sounding.
Completely agree man, mellow but boring.

On my ‘13 with the blower, LTH’s, catless X, and MF catback it was exciting. But that sure wasn’t the MF lol

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats on the purchase, I ordered corsa sports yesterday and with no cats im gonna hate my life for about a minute or two every morning lol
Lund's tune will help with that. It will only be loud for about 10 seconds. They disable the long cold startup.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Did you not have the plug in the back for the harnesses?

OP
OP
DuRsT

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you not have the plug in the back for the harnesses?
I do, I also have all corresponding fuses and relays and my ECU pinout matches what is needed as well.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that 2019’s have had the same amount of luck getting the install completed for whatever reason.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Sports sound great with headers or cat delete. Wish I would have gone that route originally instead of Xtreme + LTH + vibrants. If you have the option back into garage and keep door shut when starting. Makes a world of difference. I still lived in my condo and parked outside when I first installed. That was a bit much for the immediate neighbors probably but I just dropped to reverse and coasted out of the lot while it calmed down lol.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I do, I also have all corresponding fuses and relays and my ECU pinout matches what is needed as well.

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that 2019’s have had the same amount of luck getting the install completed for whatever reason.
That's weird. It was a breeze on my 18
Sponsored