kev1949

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
SAM_1946.JPG
I've been changing my own oil since i was a kid(I turned 70 in February). I'm still blown away only needing a 7mm socket to open the flap to replace the filter and a drain plug that comes out by hand.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
SAM_1946.JPG
I've been changing my own oil since i was a kid(I turned 70 in February). I'm still blown away only needing a 7mm socket to open the flap to replace the filter and a drain plug that comes out by hand.
Your hands are stronger than mine Kev! :) I needed a (gentle) assist from a crescent wrench to remove the drain plug. Yes, the oil change is easy but be ready for the gusher of oil that comes out!

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The non-PP models have a bigger tray underneath with 6 bolts of different sizes. Kind of a pain. (Or so I've read, I took mine to the dealer for its first change since it was complimentary)

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I change the oil in my F250, but not the Mustang. My local Ford dealer does a full synthetic oil change for $50. I would be hard pressed to even buy the oil and filter for that cheap.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I think my Femco Valve wins the easiest oil change ever. Not a single tool needed unless your first oil filter was over tightened by Ford which is highly likely. Attach the drain hose, route it to oil container, remove oil filter with ziplock bag to reduce the mess, then fill with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w-20. Win win in my book.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I concur that's it's super easy. I put Ronnin's valve on when I did my first oil change so my next one should be even easier and cleaner. Also our drain plugs are single use items per the manual (I think that's where I read it, or I'm just wrong lol) so after 8 oil changes, the valve pays for itself. Also, I like to think a valve instead of a plug wont cause our plastic pans to wear out as fast because you wont be removing/replacing a plug every time. Admittedly, it would likely take over 50 years of ownership to cause that detrimental wear on a lubricated plastic surface.

https://roninfactory.com/collections/ford/products/ford-f150-raptor-oil-drain-ronin-factory

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
SAM_1946.JPG
Does the 19 GT need 10 qts oil? Yikes!

2018MUSTANGGT10R80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The non-PP models have a bigger tray underneath with 6 bolts of different sizes. Kind of a pain. (Or so I've read, I took mine to the dealer for its first change since it was complimentary)
My 2018 GT non PP has a larger one piece cover for the oil filter. All of the screws are the same size. Remove a few and swing it out of the way. No need to remove it completely. I was looking for the swing down flap but mine is different.