Wow. Shifter bracket.

Thub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 6 speed
Would it be possbile to sandwich the FTBR bracket (with some modification) between the xmsn and the damper? Or to bolt the FTBR bracket onto the damper and redrill the holes that go to the shifter? From what you wrote my guess is "no way" and I may have to wait for FTBR to make a bracket that fits 2019s.

Thanks for testing the bracket and writing your results! :)
No chance. The rubber from the damper is wider than the inside of the bracket and is ~2" thick, so you couldn't mount the bracket behind it and have it work.
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
No chance. The rubber from the damper is wider than the inside of the bracket and is ~2" thick, so you couldn't mount the bracket behind it and have it work.
Thanks, I figured it was a no-go. :(

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Update. Taking @ShriverS550 ā€˜s advice and using a heat gun worked. Got the shift knob off and was able to try the o-rings. I was able to install one of them but when trying both, it raised the height of my lock out collar to where I didnā€™t have to pull up to get it in reverse. So I tried using just the lower larger one and there was still some buzzing. I ended up installing a Steeda collar and there is still just as much buzzing as there was before. Iā€™m still really liking the feel of the shift with the bracket so Iā€™ll just deal with it for now

zahimrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zahi
Vehicle(s)
GT PP 2015
Hi, does anybody know the weight of the bracket? Thanks!

Sponsored

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I installed my bracket and changed out my transmission fluid for BG II last week and haven't had a single nibble since. Shifts are much smoother and feel more precise. I have done any real high rpm shifts yet to see if it locks me out though.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
A little update.

Fixed my rattle this evening. The rattle was coming from the reverse lockout rattling against the shift lever. I removed the spring and lockout collar to put shrink wrap on the shifter lever. But the lockout collar wouldnā€™t slide over the wrap. So I took a rounded file and enlarged the whole just enough for it to slide over wrap. Then when I tried putting the spring back on, it fit so tightly that it wouldnā€™t push the lockout collar back down after being pulled up. So I greased the shrink wrap and flipped the spring for shits and giggles) and it all move smoothly. Took the car for a ride before putting everything back together and the rattle is 100% gone.

After putting the shrink wrap on and with everything having less ā€œplayā€ on the shifter lever, pulling the reverse lockout up feels more substantial. By no means is it hard to pull up on, but it doesnā€™t feel as cheap. Kinda hard to put into words. I guess with the tolerances being smaller, it just feels a better
Sponsored