OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Very happy with my Alky Control kit. It cut IATs in half and I gained 3psi/3-6* timing with it on top of 93. I spam that all over the forum so you've probably seen it already lol

Alky is more expensive but for good reason. It uses braided stainless lines not push in nylon lines, the controller is beefier and actually allows MORE adjustment than the Snow. Customer service is better as well.

Snow system has "start psi" and "max psi" to determine when to start injecting and when the pump should be maxed. But you cant change the slope. With the Alky kit you determine the start psi, but by using initial and gain, you can customize how much is injected at the turn on point and exactly how much it ramps up with psi. it isn't a huge difference, but it allows for more fine tuning. The downside is the Alky settings dont specifically reference to a certain psi. You have to look at your boost gauge to determine that yourself.

Snow does offer braided lines now, but I believe the added cost puts you in Alky territory anyway.

Only part of the Alky system I strayed away from is the nozzle. It's a 2 piece design where one half secures inside the pipe and one outside. You can use loctite and crank down on it but there is still the off chance of it coming part and your motor eating the nozzle. All other nozzles secure completely on the outside which I much prefer. I've used the Snow nozzles and DevilsOwn nozzles, the DevilsOwn are the best IMO.

Mount the nozzle as far away from the TB as possible for the best atomization and best distribution amongst the cylinders (as well as the best IAT drop). You'll have to move your IAT sensor post-meth to see/benefit from the lower IATs.
Where did you mount your new IAT sensor?
Sponsored

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Just finishing up installing my setup, so no data yet. I couldn't find a kit that I liked all of the components, so I made my own. Using a homemade tank with a 6an feed to a ProMeth 30gph pump, 4an braided line to a ProMeth Pulse solenoid, to their 14gph nozzle with a custom made fitting to hold the nozzle in the Whipple port post- throttlebody as flush to the inside as possible. Using an AEM controller that has the integrated map sensor with on and full on boost settings. I base lined the car with the 3.5" pulley so I am going to be going by mph at the track. Bought the methanol from the track, it was 24 dollars for 5 gallons of vp M1. If the weather holds out next Wednesday I should have some decent idea of what it did.
Do you have a link to the controller you went with? Why did you go with that particular controller?

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
AEM 30-3304. Price, and it is a progressive ramp in. Would probably be better if you could program the ramp in, but for the price I can't complain.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Are you running 93 or E85?

Sponsored

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
E85 burns way cooler. 175 IAT's at the top of the run aren't going to hurt you.
Is it pulling any timing? If not then keep sending it. I've seen multiple E85 twin set ups on S550's with terrible IAT's but still ran the same times in cold air vs hot air. Damn near same set ups but one with W2A and one with A2A. They both ran identical times with the W2A having way cooler IAT's. E85 is close to methanol, still not as cold as methanol burns but many people on methanol setups don't run intercoolers at all.
Could switch to a water to air intercooler than never worry about running out of meth or a pump on the meth set going out.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
E85 burns way cooler. 175 IAT's at the top of the run aren't going to hurt you.
Is it pulling any timing? If not then keep sending it. I've seen multiple E85 twin set ups on S550's with terrible IAT's but still ran the same times in cold air vs hot air. Damn near same set ups but one with W2A and one with A2A. They both ran identical times with the W2A having way cooler IAT's. E85 is close to methanol, still not as cold as methanol burns but many people on methanol setups don't run intercoolers at all.
Could switch to a water to air intercooler than never worry about running out of meth or a pump on the meth set going out.
It is pulling timing in the tune at 170IAT. I am not sure how high I can raise the IAT limit without hurting the car. I like meth more than to A2W because I drive it on the street and only need IAT cooling at track on higher boost. What is your IAT change on a run in 90 degree heat?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
It is pulling timing in the tune at 170IAT. I am not sure how high I can raise the IAT limit without hurting the car. I like meth more than to A2W because I drive it on the street and only need IAT cooling at track on higher boost. What is your IAT change on a run in 90 degree heat?
I think the highest I've seen it was 120's. I'm going to the track tomorrow and will remember to look at this in the logs to let you know. Supposed to be pretty warm tomorrow. I do have the larger intercooler from LPF vs the standard one.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Another vote for Alky Control. I'm running a 2-1/2 gallon tank in the trunk and am currently using a 10mil/min & 7mil/min dual nozzle setup. Still messing with the tune but seems to work well on my 2018 P1X Procharger setup.
20181129_172604.jpg
20181129_172642.jpg
20181129_173114.jpg
IMG_20181030_164720725.jpg

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Very happy with my Alky Control kit. It cut IATs in half and I gained 3psi/3-6* timing with it on top of 93. I spam that all over the forum so you've probably seen it already lol

Alky is more expensive but for good reason. It uses braided stainless lines not push in nylon lines, the controller is beefier and actually allows MORE adjustment than the Snow. Customer service is better as well.

Snow system has "start psi" and "max psi" to determine when to start injecting and when the pump should be maxed. But you cant change the slope. With the Alky kit you determine the start psi, but by using initial and gain, you can customize how much is injected at the turn on point and exactly how much it ramps up with psi. it isn't a huge difference, but it allows for more fine tuning. The downside is the Alky settings dont specifically reference to a certain psi. You have to look at your boost gauge to determine that yourself.

Snow does offer braided lines now, but I believe the added cost puts you in Alky territory anyway.

Only part of the Alky system I strayed away from is the nozzle. It's a 2 piece design where one half secures inside the pipe and one outside. You can use loctite and crank down on it but there is still the off chance of it coming part and your motor eating the nozzle. All other nozzles secure completely on the outside which I much prefer. I've used the Snow nozzles and DevilsOwn nozzles, the DevilsOwn are the best IMO.

Mount the nozzle as far away from the TB as possible for the best atomization and best distribution amongst the cylinders (as well as the best IAT drop). You'll have to move your IAT sensor post-meth to see/benefit from the lower IATs.
How do you like the quality of the devilsown stuff? I am thinking about buying the basic kit since that is what they recommended.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Where did you mount your new IAT sensor?
In the same pipe as the nozzles, a few inches down before the TB. Used the VMP IAT harness to separate it from the MAF

img_20180203_140955_01-jpg.jpg

How do you like the quality of the devilsown stuff? I am thinking about buying the basic kit since that is what they recommended.
Very happy with the quality of their nozzles and holders. That's all I've used of theirs. Their controllers seem very basic not even sure if they're progressive.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I watched the engine masters show again where they compared methanol to A2W on a LS engine. They measured IAT in each runner and it proved there was a distribution issue and the front runners were not getting any cooling from the meth. I may put a sensor in a couple of my runners to monitor it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I watched the engine masters show again where they compared methanol to A2W on a LS engine. They measured IAT in each runner and it proved there was a distribution issue and the front runners were not getting any cooling from the meth. I may put a sensor in a couple of my runners to monitor it.
Did they show where the nozzle was placed in the setup? I put my nozzle as far away from the TB as possible so it has as much time as possible to disperse in the air. Closer to the TB could equal more distribution issues.

Do people using plate injected nitrous have issues with cylinder distribution? Similar idea and I've never heard of problems there.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Did they show where the nozzle was placed in the setup? I put my nozzle as far away from the TB as possible so it has as much time as possible to disperse in the air. Closer to the TB could equal more distribution issues.

Do people using plate injected nitrous have issues with cylinder distribution? Similar idea and I've never heard of problems there.
They put two nozzles in. One was at TB and one was 6-12 inches from it. Jon Lund Jr. said he had not seen many distribution issues on the coyote including nitrous wet kits up to 200 HP.