Sponsored

Please Help - P163F Code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT
I still havent got this sorted out, I've been in contact with VMP team and they are telling me to take it to ford to get the PCM reprogrammed.

I did take it to ford dealer however they claimed my PCM was shorted and were unable to program it. I then told that to the VMP team which them claimed it is impossible for it to be shorted so I think my dealer is just trying to scam me for an ECU replacement which would cost me over 1,000$...

Now my car has been in in the same state for over 2 weeks and and trying to get this sorted out with SCT team...

FML
I just started tuning with PBD and I'm getting this code. I hope it doesnt end up like that for me.
Sponsored

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
I just started tuning with PBD and I'm getting this code. I hope it doesnt end up like that for me.
Yeah man it sucks, heres the latest email i got from vmp team.

"I have spoken with SCT and they have confirmed that this happens when the vehicle is flashed with a Strategy that is different from what is in the vehicle currently. The dealership can flash the vehicle with a different strategy before it even leaves the lot, and apparently it happens often.

SCT says to give them a call and have the vehicle and device handy and they can take a look at everything and see if they can help us come up with a way to flash the vehicle back to what is needed."

I'm going to try and get in contact with SCT team today and see iIf they can help me, If not im going to go to a mechanic that can flash the PCM and if they cant...well i would have to go the Ford dealership route again and have them replace the ECU :(

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT
Yeah man it sucks, heres the latest email i got from vmp team.

"I have spoken with SCT and they have confirmed that this happens when the vehicle is flashed with a Strategy that is different from what is in the vehicle currently. The dealership can flash the vehicle with a different strategy before it even leaves the lot, and apparently it happens often.

SCT says to give them a call and have the vehicle and device handy and they can take a look at everything and see if they can help us come up with a way to flash the vehicle back to what is needed."

I'm going to try and get in contact with SCT team today and see iIf they can help me, If not im going to go to a mechanic that can flash the PCM and if they cant...well i would have to go the Ford dealership route again and have them replace the ECU :(
Any new info? I got ford to reprogram my car with for ids and ended up with the same problem.

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
Any new info? I got ford to reprogram my car with for ids and ended up with the same problem.
Dealer couldnt fix it?

Well sct team couldnt help me either and Ford was gonna charge me over 1K to replace the ecu .

So I had another mechanic replace the ecu from a salvage car and he installed and programmed it to my car.

It's been running good since but apparently my old ecu was just corrupted.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT
Dealer couldnt fix it?

Well sct team couldnt help me either and Ford was gonna charge me over 1K to replace the ecu .

So I had another mechanic replace the ecu from a salvage car and he installed and programmed it to my car.

It's been running good since but apparently my old ecu was just corrupted.
I'm trying to find a new ecu on tasca do you.know the part number?

Sponsored

kilos550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 2016 premium
Not familiar with the part number sorry, the mechanic purchased the part and reprogrammed it to my vehicle.

I'm sure you could find it somewhere or on the car manual possibly.

OP
OP
I <3 Boost

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
I apologize for missing the opportunity to help out a few forum members with this issue.

My issues were resolved by Brian at Finish Line Performance in Milford, Ohio. He had to manually input all of the calibrations for the stock transmission calibrations (for each gear) into the ECU. He said that if I would have taken my vehicle to a Ford dealer, they more than likely wouldn’t have been able to help me.

After the stock calibrations were loaded, Alex from Lund sent me new tunes and tune revisions - discarded the original tunes in case a file was corrupt.

Thankfully, I haven’t had the issue since. I’m definitely a little nervous every time I load a different tune.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I <3 Boost

I <3 Boost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP 10 Speed Automatic
513 831-9999 is the phone number to Finish Line. Give them a call, ask for Brian and mention to Brian that you are having the same issue/code as Dustin with the 2018 silver Mustang GT. Brian is a great guy and will more than likely do everything he can to help you out.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Old thread, but Just an FYI this is the official Ford DTC explanation if a Ford Service Center were to start diagnosis:
23452156-05FA-4EC3-9835-1627BE6BEECF.jpeg

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I still like my local tuner vs a nation wide tune.

Remy_reign

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
REMY
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT Base
Wait soooo this is common? I just ordered my lund flex tune which will be here Thursday with the ngauge. I'm a bit nervous now.
Sponsored