Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
I went to the dealer today because my 18 GT AC was blowing hot on drivers side and cool on passengers side.

She told me to bring it in tomorrow. She said don't worry they have a software update and it should only be about an hour.
She seemed pretty sure, guess I'll find out then.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I went to the dealer today because my 18 GT AC was blowing hot on drivers side and cool on passengers side.

She told me to bring it in tomorrow. She said don't worry they have a software update and it should only be about an hour.
Software update thats a complete lie.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897

2015 50th Yr #1897 at 20000+ miles same symptoms. Tore out the dash replaced evaporator on my nickel as I was three months out of warranty. Ford does not stand behind its product as they once did. 2nd Mustang I am burned with. Have a second new vehicle Honda Passport. It has baggage. Hoping Honda steps up. Chrysler is looking better. I can depend upon inferior quality going in.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Software update thats a complete lie.
Software won't fix a leak, but not every problem is a leak. I also heard (don't recall where) there is a software update that fixes an A/C problem in some 2018+s.

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Software won't fix a leak, but not every problem is a leak. I also heard (don't recall where) there is a software update that fixes an A/C problem in some 2018+s.
Well it wasn't a software fix... condenser ordered.:frown:

Glad it's the condenser and not the evaporator, at least they don't have to tear my dash out!

Part should be in by Monday.. It's going to be a long HOT weekend.

Last edited:

mjb1994

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Mine went in on Tuesday for blowing hot on the driver side and cool on passenger and they gave me a loaner vehicle to use while they work on it. I got a call yesterday confirming it was the Evap Core. I really lucked out on this one, 3 year warranty expires TOMORROW!

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They put the condenser in and all is.....cool :thumbsup:

Must admit I was worried that the evap was bad. So glad it wasn't.

Monica_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Performance pack
Here’s my issue. Took car to ford in April with no cold air blowing... I was a week out of warranty. They told me it was a leaking valve/line and a month later replaced it for $100.

2 1/2 months later driver side is blowing hot, Passenger side is fine for now. Called ford currently have an appointment for Thursday 8/8

Do I go to ford with this to see if it’s warrantied since I brought this issue to them before, or.. do I cancel my appointment and just go buy an extended service plan to cover this before I take it to them?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 35786

Here’s my issue. Took car to ford in April with no cold air blowing... I was a week out of warranty. They told me it was a leaking valve/line and a month later replaced it for $100.

2 1/2 months later driver side is blowing hot, Passenger side is fine for now. Called ford currently have an appointment for Thursday 8/8

Do I go to ford with this to see if it’s warrantied since I brought this issue to them before, or.. do I cancel my appointment and just go buy an extended service plan to cover this before I take it to them?
Take it in and get it properly diagnosed.. Motocraft parts warranty is for a year, so there is that. See my post in other thread regarding Ford Care.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ve never heard of a software fix for a genuine hardware issue... the only software fix needed is that Dealership needs to send their Techs back to Ford Repair 101...

DetroitMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just wanted to clarify, it wasn't the Tech that said a software fix, it was the service write-up person. I figured she was wrong, but the Tech found a leak in the condenser and it got replaced.

Last edited:

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Yesterday I started hearing what sounded like a power steering pump whining sound coming from the hvac compressor. I know it is that because if I shut off the heat/ac it quits. I’m guessing this is part of the same issue? I have warranty till July. Any input would be very much helpful. Thanks much.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Yesterday I started hearing what sounded like a power steering pump whining sound coming from the hvac compressor. I know it is that because if I shut off the heat/ac it quits. I’m guessing this is part of the same issue? I have warranty till July. Any input would be very much helpful. Thanks much.
I had the common leak and zero noise. Your under warranty so your good. I'd take it in asap and get it fixed.
Sponsored