MadKaw

Meat Puppet
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brand-X
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt Highland Green
Mine's a 2015, the evap went out within the first year. They replaced it under warranty, and it hasn't happened again. Maybe they have a updated part, I hope so. Summer in Texas is a scorcher.
Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
What pisses me off is that mine did this about a month ago and the Ford dealership just refilled the damn thing and said it is good...no leaks. Phucksticks. They know this is going on yet they are being lazy and/or cheap asses right off the bat. I had not seen these threads when it first happened, but I am printing a bunch of these posts. When I bring it again this Thurs, I will have more ammunition for them to do it right. I am also doing a BBB auto line complaint in association with this.

Deleted member 35786

What pisses me off is that mine did this about a month ago and the Ford dealership just refilled the damn thing and said it is good...no leaks. Phucksticks. They know this is going on yet they are being lazy and/or cheap asses right off the bat. I had not seen these threads when it first happened, but I am printing a bunch of these posts. When I bring it again this Thurs, I will have more ammunition for them to do it right. I am also doing a BBB auto line complaint in association with this.
Keep in mind Ford sells anywhere from 80K to 122K mustangs a year since 2015. So even a hundred of us complaining in here about evaporator cores is just a fraction of a percent of total sales. Of course we do not know how many overall have been changed thus far including other models as well. Not sure If printing out stuff from forums will hold any weight since its just a minuscule sample. Better to print all the TSB's relating to it and ask them if they followed those during their checks. Put them on the spot.
Good luck with the BBB auto complaint and keep us posted.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
So Ford Service centers have more experience by now, I assume they are more efficient with diagnosis and fix.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Keep in mind Ford sells anywhere from 80K to 122K mustangs a year since 2015. So even a hundred of us complaining in here about evaporator cores is just a fraction of a percent of total sales. Of course we do not know how many overall have been changed thus far including other models as well. Not sure If printing out stuff from forums will hold any weight since its just a minuscule sample. Better to print all the TSB's relating to it and ask them if they followed those during their checks. Put them on the spot.
Good luck with the BBB auto complaint and keep us posted.

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Printing out stuff might not help. But we are a descent sample size as statistics go. I would guess that this is a widespread problem. The number of repeat repairs in my local club is also a good indicator.

Deleted member 35786

Printing out stuff might not help. But we are a descent sample size as statistics go. I would guess that this is a widespread problem. The number of repeat repairs in my local club is also a good indicator.
Thousands of mustangs are sold each month, our sample size is probably 100 or less.. That is miniscule in the big picture.
Ford has already issued a TSB to address the issue. That is what you take or ask the dealer about when they are inspecting your ac issues.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Thousands of mustangs are sold each month, our sample size is probably 100 or less.. That is miniscule in the big picture.
Realize too that it's not a case of only the Mustangs that have problems just so happen to be members of M6G. In other words, even though it's a relatively small sample size, it does have some merit. There are owner's who don't belong here or on any Mustang chat board that have the same issues, and we never hear about those cases.

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Limited Edition #1897
Hmmm... this has me a bit worried for multiple reasons. For now, mine appears to be working ok. I bought my car in February 2015 and have been daily driving it every day. I'm nearing 30,000 miles so I definitely don't want to have to deal with a failure after warranty, especially if it's a crappy design that's known to fail.

Interestingly, over the weekend, I had the A/C running and was listening to music at medium volume. I started hearing this weird noise. Kind of like an intermittent sighing. It happened a few times back to back. I thought it was in the music but when I turned it down, it was still there. Sounded like it was coming from behind/under the dash area. I turned the system off and then back on and it seemed to disappear.

For now the A/C seems to be working ok still but I'm definitely getting worried. I can't imagine what the dealership would charge to replace this off warranty. Hopefully if there is in fact a TSB, it will extend warranty coverage (not sure if this is typical or is done on a case by case basis).
Could the agh be one of he climate control shunts opening or closing? Might be symptom of a vacuum leak.

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
2016 GT 8200 miles and now the AC is not blowing cold on the drivers side. Passenger side is cooler but not COLD. Took a temp reading with my laser temp gun. Passenger side 68* drivers side 88 to 93*. Will be taking it in sometime in the future. My 3/36 warranty ends in October. I live on Maui so AC is a must and I use it everyday I drive the car.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Well, shit. It happened. Again. Got a nice warm day here in MD. Went out to lunch. Got some food to go and was sitting in the car to enjoy it. Was getting a bit hot so I closed the windows and turned on the A/C...nothing. Just really hot air blowing.

I knew this would happen. I'm even more excited because I am officially out of warranty! Yay....

I hit up Ford online and started a case. Not sure it will do much for me. I'll take it to the dealer as soon as I can and let them diagnose it. Had a similar issue a year or maybe 1.5 years ago. According to the dealership at that time, it was the compressor pulley that had somehow "ripped itself to shreds" or something along those lines. No idea how that happens. Anyway, they replaced it and sent me on my way. At the time, I was grateful to not have my dash ripped apart but still weary, especially because it felt to me like it never blew quite as cold as it did originally.

So, here we are, outside of warranty. Curious if anyone else has gotten to this point. I assume most of us with 2015 and possibly even 2016's should be out of our bumper to bumper warranty. What were your experiences? Did Ford step in to help at all? Did anyone have a case where there was a repair under warranty but now they are having the same issue outside of warranty?

Deleted member 35786

Well, shit. It happened. Again. Got a nice warm day here in MD. Went out to lunch. Got some food to go and was sitting in the car to enjoy it. Was getting a bit hot so I closed the windows and turned on the A/C...nothing. Just really hot air blowing.

I knew this would happen. I'm even more excited because I am officially out of warranty! Yay....

I hit up Ford online and started a case. Not sure it will do much for me. I'll take it to the dealer as soon as I can and let them diagnose it. Had a similar issue a year or maybe 1.5 years ago. According to the dealership at that time, it was the compressor pulley that had somehow "ripped itself to shreds" or something along those lines. No idea how that happens. Anyway, they replaced it and sent me on my way. At the time, I was grateful to not have my dash ripped apart but still weary, especially because it felt to me like it never blew quite as cold as it did originally.

So, here we are, outside of warranty. Curious if anyone else has gotten to this point. I assume most of us with 2015 and possibly even 2016's should be out of our bumper to bumper warranty. What were your experiences? Did Ford step in to help at all? Did anyone have a case where there was a repair under warranty but now they are having the same issue outside of warranty?
To answer your questions. Search this thread for there are some that claim Ford helped them outside of warranty. Get it diagnosed to see what the issue is right away.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-c-evaporator-factory-defect.62682/

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)

louierg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louie
Vehicle(s)
Ford has no problem. Why should we? The internet exposes what has been hidden. Most likely there are other models affected similarly. Therefore a few here and there may be great in number, but appear to be minute. So pucker up. I did. Cold but true. Ford did not blink.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
To answer your questions. Search this thread for there are some that claim Ford helped them outside of warranty. Get it diagnosed to see what the issue is right away.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-c-evaporator-factory-defect.62682/
What's funny is that when I drove home, after writing that post, the A/C worked again! So, I cancelled my appointment. The weather has been really mild so I haven't really even messed with is again.. until yesterday. Was heading back from a work trip to Phili. Had the windows down and was beautiful out but I thought about the A/C. Wanted to check it. Rolled up with windows, turned A/C on. It worked!...for about 30 seconds. Then went to blowing warm air. There's definitely something going on. I'm really wondering if this isn't the same issue I had before where the pulley self destructed. Anyway, time to take it to the dealer for real and see what they can find...
Sponsored