Looking for recommended plate-hider for these cars

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Performance Package 1
Looking for a plate hiding/showing device that can easily be installed in the *center* of the front fender, so I can show/hide the plate for car shows. Preferable without damaging anything. Any suggestions and pics? Anything specific to this actual car and the pieces underneath the front that makes it a better fit?
Sponsored

Mike's Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 401A
I've had a STO N SHO on mine for well over a year. It has held up well and I'm sure others would say this same. It is available from various online retailers.

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I've had a STO N SHO on mine for well over a year. It has held up well and I'm sure others would say this same. It is available from various online retailers.
Thanks, any particular model or they all fit all cars? It's center positioned? Any pics :)

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Thanks, any particular model or they all fit all cars? It's center positioned? Any pics :)
Make sure you get the one specific to the PP1 cars. The install is easy. You can mount it anywhere along the belly pan where a factory screw is. So whether you want it centered or off center its up to you. I have mine centered. It is however taking a beating now since I have lowered my car.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I went with a Craig's Custom Brackets. I haven't got it installed as of yet (I was sent the wrong attachment bracket and the new one was just delivered). It's pretty top quality from what I can tell. I'll post up some pics when I get it on.

http://ccmustangbrackets.com/mustang-brackets/

OP
OP
gothampony

gothampony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you get the one specific to the PP1 cars. The install is easy. You can mount it anywhere along the belly pan where a factory screw is. So whether you want it centered or off center its up to you. I have mine centered. It is however taking a beating now since I have lowered my car.
I got the one that was designated appropriate for Bullitt which I presume covers PP1 since they share that?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I got the one that was designated appropriate for Bullitt which I presume covers PP1 since they share that?
That I’m not sure of. Pull up the link of the product from where you purchased it and it’ll say if it is a fit for the PP1.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Another vote for the Sto N Sho. Took about 10-15 minutes to install. Takes a minute to remove or put back on. Great for cleaning as it gets the plate out of the way and if you track your car.

Sponsored

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
I have had both the Craig's and the Sto n Sho. I prefer the Sto n Sho. Better quality and super easy to take your plate off and on.

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
I hid my front plate on the garage wall. It has never been on the car, and when I was stopped for speeding, the cop didn't mention it. When I ordered the car, I told the dealer if they drilled the bumper for a plate, they can keep it. I'd estimate about 1/3 of vehicles around here don't have front plates. If a cop really wanted to be a first class jerk, he could write it up, but the motorcycle cop who stopped me was more interested in talking about Mustangs, so it was all good.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Front plate enforcement stories (or lack of) varies by location and is not what the OP is looking for.

Last edited:

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
If you were in the bay area I would just give you my Stow and Show.
Stop and Show works great, I like it. Only downside is that it's very low and front plate gets damaged easily Most of the time it's in trunk with front plate attached (just in case I need to show it, since my front plate needs to be straightened a bit to make it flat again)
Sponsored